• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 9: Lions v Brumbies

D

Dumbo

The Lions last week downed the Hurricanes and the Brumbies knocked off the Sharks.
Who’s going to win this one? No idea â€" am favouring the Brumbies...

If they bring there a-game brumbies can win.If they play pissy insipid rugby then they will lose.

GO THE BRUMBIES!

The Brumbies of old are back. Is it something to do with the return of Larkham??? I dont know but they sure did get over the advantage line time after time.....and their defence was rock solid as usual.

The Lions are the complete surprise this year....virtually written-off even before the tournament started.
They won last week mostly because of the indiscipline od the Canes (plus their workrate) but they will find it hard against a well drilled, well organized defence that will be very hard to milk soft penalties out of them.

Brumbies to win with Ashley-Cooper scoring 2 tries.

Brumbies by 10.

Any team with Larkham and Gregan as the hlaves will be dangerous..

I'm hoping for a Brumbies win here.. I dunno why.. Maybe cos they deserve more wins after so many close losses

Picking the Brumbies also this week, for the simple fact that I`ve gotten them wrong every week!

It`s a game with some definite humdingers in terms of one-on-one matchups- the form Saffa openside, Baywatch Grobbelaar against George Smith, the silky running flyhalf Stephen Larkham against the incumbment Bok Andre Pretorius, the 2 most irritating scrumhalves in world rugby, Gregan and January lining up against each other. Pity about the injury to Mortlock, a match-up vs. Fourie would have been worth the price of admission alone.

Fourie has been 'rested' for this match, but he's on the bench.

Doppies la Grange comes in to replace him at 12 with Jaco Pretorius moving one place wide to 13.

Lions: 15 Jaco van Schalkwyk, 14 Louis Ludik, 13 Jaco Pretorius, 12 Doppies la Grange, 11 Jannie Boshoff, 10 André Pretorius ©, 9 Enrico Januarie, 8 Jacques Cronjé, 7 Ernst Joubert, 6 Cobus Grobbelaar, 5 Anton van Zyl, 4 Cobus Grobler, 3 Brian Mujati, 2 Ethienne Reynecke, 1 Heinke van der Merwe.

Replacements: 16 Willie Wepener, 17 Bertus Smit, 18 Franco van der Merwe, 19 Willem Alberts, 20 Jano Vermaak, 21 Jaque Fourie, 22 Earl Rose

Every time i read the name Doppies la Grange i can't help but laugh. This is a sign that he is going to have a blinder of a game! He's going to carve!

If we play like last week we should win, but who knows with our team these days.

Brumbies up 14-9 with not long to go. :bana:

win to the brumbies! 14-9 :bana:

excellent.

its great to see them winning again, and for the souht africans to lose again. they were getting extremely cocky for a while there.

How was the Brumbies attack today? Sounds like it was scrapy, Fairbanks the reason for that?

Latest posts