• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 9: Waratahs v Crusaders

D

Dumbo

The Tah’s after being beaten by the Blues last week head home and play the new look Crusaders.
The Tah’s have had a pretty up and down season (really down from last year) and can’t seeing them beating the Crusaders in this one.
Wonder if the Tah’s will use the Stormers defence and target McKaw’s head?

CRUSADERS: 15 Leon MacDonald, 14 Rico Gear, 13 Casey Laulala, 12 Aaron Mauger, 11 Scott Hamilton, 10 Daniel Carter, 9 Kevin Senio; 8 Mose Tuiali'i, 7 Richie McCaw ©, 6 Reuben Thorne, 5 Chris Jack, 4 Ross Filipo, 3 Campbell Johnstone, 2 Corey Flynn, 1 Wyatt Crockett. Reserves: 16 Ti'i Paulo, 17 Ben Franks, 18 Michael Paterson, 19 Kieran Read, 22 Johnny Leo'o, 20 Andrew Ellis, 21 Stephen Brett.

I really dont have much to say for this game except to wish the Tahs good luck.

If they can keep the score below 50, well and good.

1. Benn Robinson
2. Adam Freier [c]
3. Alastair Baxter
4. David Lyons
5. Will Caldwell
6. Rocky Elsom
7. Tim Davidson
8. Wycliff Palu
9. Brett Sheehan
10. Sam Norton-Knight
11. Lachlan Turner
12. Morgan Turinui [v-c]
13. Lote Tuqiri
14. Peter Hewat
15. Kurtley Beale
16. Tatafu Polota-Nau
17. Matt Dunning
18. Ben Hand
19. Beau Robinson
20. Josh Valentine
21. Sam Harris
22. Ben Jacobs

SNK in his best position now, Beale 15 should be interesting.

Depending on what Rob Deans has for his game plan, Beale probably can expect DC to put up alot of high balls and grubber kicks to test him out.

Depending on what Rob Deans has for his game plan, Beale probably can expect DC to put up alot of high balls and grubber kicks to test him out.
[/b]

Carter's not playing, he's been ruled out with a neck injury.

Good news for the Tahs and Dumbo, bad news for my fantasy team :(

Also, Lyons wont be playing - injured shoulder or something (stupid idea to play him at lock anyway).

I'll be at the game with my Red & Black Jersey, Unfortunately I am going with Waratahs & Blues supporters :( :toss: . We should hopefully win this comfortably, but grand final revenge will be the key to there motivation to wining this game, if they don't already need a reason. Crusaders by 17. I like Norton-Knight at 5/8 takes alot of pressure off Beale. Go the Crusaders!! :lol2tn: :lol2tn:

Big test for Stevie Brett filling in for DC, Brett has played well while DC was out and he will have Mauger outside of him to help him along

brett is more than capable obviously no dainel carter but still not bad at all. I can't see the tahs coming close really at all they are simply outclassed and in poor form. crusaders looked fairly sharp last week and with their abs having that game time will be even better this week. crusaders by at least 20.

I'm not righting off the Tah's, if they can get their platform right up front.
Things could be interesting.

Hey Truth in the Fantasy rugby I'm doomed. I've got players that aren't playing this week, and a couple of reserves... not good for me.

Hey Truth in the Fantasy rugby I'm doomed. I've got players that aren't playing this week, and a couple of reserves... not good for me.
[/b]

Yeah i know mate, i had a look at your team. I noticed you had Brett in there so i thought you'd be stoked that Carter aint playing this week.

I thought i had planned my trades perfectly but now with Carter/Umaga out and Wepener riding the pine it doesn't look to flash.

Yup, this round will be interesting... looking forward to next round.
Thought I had timed it well as well and then it all went in a **** heap last week... to many replacements!

Well....err... that wasn't really expected :eek:

Hewat will be kicking himself for missing that sitter, it would have been the upset of the century.

I think it's safe to say that was the best match of the season so far....

Well done Tahs :bravo:

someone should look at super14 for match fixing..

hewat missed an easy conversion n mysteriously lost the ball..

suspect i tell ya

someone should look at super14 for match fixing..

hewat missed an easy conversion n mysteriously lost the ball..

suspect i tell ya
[/b]

The ball hit the upright, if he was match fixing that would have been cutting it reaaaaally close. And anyway the Tahs were major underdogs therefore they didn't need help to lose the game. If you were going to accuse anyone of that how about Stephen Brett missing 4 kicks. He nails those and this game isn't that close.

I'd also like to add this: That Turner kid certainly has some wheels. It's not often that Rico Gear and Leon MacDonald get embarrassed like that on the same play.

Tahs attack looked much better with SNK at 10. Should have won that one, still don't know how Hewat choked up that kick.

Yeh, the try from Turner was amazing. I'd like to see him get a shot for the Wallabies, just to haunt Rico Gear and Leon MacDonald.

Latest posts