• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rucks are killing this game

No, career mode is made up by fake players and fake players only. You cant transfer/buy ANY real players, not even players from SH

That sort of softens the blow in a way knowing that you don't have to face up to real life superstars...

...Hey, I'm an optimist...

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Feb 1 2006, 12:12 PM
That sort of softens the blow in a way knowing that you don't have to face up to real life superstars...

...Hey, I'm an optimist...
You have to face them... you just can't buy the f**kers!

oh sorry. Well in that case yeh, you can play against real players but only NH teams only

that still sucks that you can't buy any though. the career mode was the one possible thing that could have saved the game for me but sadly that too is crap and has not been thought out properly by swordfish. nice rucks though i guess

Originally posted by mikeeboy@Feb 1 2006, 09:02 PM
If you play with a slightly inferior pack, you will lose 99% of rucks without the ball, irrespective of where/how the tackle was made - that's crap.

Would that still be the case if you had a little tatoo machine that you could strap over the "add player to ruck" button to hit it like a kabrazillian times???

Originally posted by mikeeboy+Feb 1 2006, 09:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mikeeboy @ Feb 1 2006, 09:02 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Feb 1 2006, 04:38 PM
i was just replying to yesterdays rumours that the rucks are killing this game...thread ***le

Which is clearly false given the majority have already spoken about the rucks, being all good.........key words  FALSE and THREAD ***LE.
Well I'm still playing but I still stand by what I said originally. If you play with a slightly inferior pack, you will lose 99% of rucks without the ball, irrespective of where/how the tackle was made - that's crap.

Similarly when playing with a slighly better team you will never lose your own ruck ball and quite often steal the oppositions.

You cannot get quick ruck ball whilst attacking.

The attacking aspects of this game, while very arcadey are strangely addictive, which is why I'm going back to the game each night. However, defense in the game is one of the most frustrating experiences I've had in a videogame. [/b]
WRONG MIKEEBOY

I own it now and ur just plain wrong...i wont discuss any furthur, TOUP explains it well

Quintes - UR WRONG TOO.

Button mashing is not in this game at all

If any one is button mashing they are just wasting energy.

Hey if i hit all the buttons rapidly in EA05, or in anyother game, whether i need to or not, its still button mashing

here's a tip for the button mashers

Dont do it..........it does make anything quicker, if it does anything at all

FOOLS
<

Originally posted by ak47@Feb 2 2006, 09:25 AM
WRONG MIKEEBOY

I own it now and ur just plain wrong...i wont discuss any furthur, TOUP explains it well
I've been playing it every night for a week, and my opinion hasn't changed, those facts remain.

The game can be enjoyable in an arcadey kind of way, it's quite satisfying exploiting an overlap, getting an inside pass right or actually managing a realistic looking offload.

But defending is frustrating and the game plays more like a game of league than union

Originally posted by mikeeboy+Feb 2 2006, 10:16 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mikeeboy @ Feb 2 2006, 10:16 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Feb 2 2006, 09:25 AM
WRONG MIKEEBOY

I've been playing it every night for a week, and my opinion hasn't changed, those facts remain.

The game can be enjoyable in an arcadey kind of way, it's quite satisfying exploiting an overlap, getting an inside pass right or actually managing a realistic looking offload.

But defending is frustrating and the game plays more like a game of league than union [/b]
those arent FACTS...they are ur opinion

ur entitled to your opinion
<

but i completely disagree
<

Originally posted by ak47+Feb 2 2006, 10:25 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Feb 2 2006, 10:25 AM)</div>
Originally posted by mikeeboy@Feb 1 2006, 09:02 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Feb 1 2006, 04:38 PM
i was just replying to yesterdays rumours that the rucks are killing this game...thread ***le

Which is clearly false given the majority have already spoken about the rucks, being all good.........key words  FALSE and THREAD ***LE.

Well I'm still playing but I still stand by what I said originally. If you play with a slightly inferior pack, you will lose 99% of rucks without the ball, irrespective of where/how the tackle was made - that's crap.

Similarly when playing with a slighly better team you will never lose your own ruck ball and quite often steal the oppositions.

You cannot get quick ruck ball whilst attacking.

The attacking aspects of this game, while very arcadey are strangely addictive, which is why I'm going back to the game each night. However, defense in the game is one of the most frustrating experiences I've had in a videogame.
WRONG MIKEEBOY

Quintes - UR WRONG TOO.

Button mashing is not in this game at all

If any one is button mashing they are just wasting energy.

Hey if i hit all the buttons rapidly in EA05, or in anyother game, whether i need to or not, its still button mashing

here's a tip for the button mashers

Dont do it..........it does make anything quicker, if it does anything at all

FOOLS
<
[/b]
<

go the mighty AK!!
<

Just for the record, I had a hunch AK would go all guns blazing about the radness of this game after getting so worked up for it...

my recommendation to others reading his comments who want the game is to take your own likes of sports sim and other opinions also before buying a game with so many faults....the factual ones AK, not the ones I need to play the game to see.

Kick some arse though AK and love it! Honestly, I am away for the weekend, but hope to hire it when I get back and kick my mates' arses on it!! lol!!! But only as a time killer till EA06.

anyway, one thought, if you can change the names of players, can you change the names of the nothing career players so as to have real names in there? If not - this game is doomed to never cross the shelf into my hand.

There's only one thing worse than never winning your rucks.....and that's always winning them! lol!!! I am an AB fan...they are the only 5 star team...it will NEVER work. Not for me anyway.....If I was a NHer, I would still only 'consider' spendng my money on it and that, despite the fcat that it is like 14 friggin' pounds etc.....Down here it is not...it is 80-90 dollars - the same price as rugby 06....it is not a CHEAP game as the nhers frequently state:

'go get it, it's so cheap anyway' etc etc

well it isn't down here guys - so we have to seriously weigh up buying it....
I think I'd rather hire it for an accumulated 32 days for the same price...no doubt, I won't want that long on it anyway...so what's the point?

Gregan is white!! lol!!! Apparently being black is a likeness!!
<

I mean give me a blimmin' break! lol!!

Oh, and whoever said JLR was fun, who cares about liknesses etc......JLR had the correct names and players for all teams and, considering the graphics, likenesses too.....so what is the point again?
<

well seeing as you put it like that los - you're right

... I don't know why I ever listened to or believed anyone else in regards to anything

you ARE the light!

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Feb 2 2006, 11:41 AM
well seeing as you put it like that los - you're right

... I don't know why I ever listened to or believed anyone else in regards to anything

you ARE the light!
very humble of you...

thanks

<

Originally posted by Los Lover@Feb 2 2006, 10:30 AM
anyway, one thought, if you can change the names of players, can you change the names of the nothing career players so as to have real names in there? If not - this game is doomed to never cross the shelf into my hand.
no i dont think so

i think the players in career mode have the own database or it is auto-generated

u can only edit players deignated to team when u load the CD for the 1st time

no that is not cool then. I was hoping you might be able to change those names as it was mentioned you could edit player names. so career mode you have nobody player and no way to change their names at all. not looking good at all.

yeah los most of us in nz or aus have to pay like full price for both games so I think for a lot of people they will be choosing one over the other.

Originally posted by esoj@Feb 2 2006, 11:35 AM
no that is not cool then. I was hoping you might be able to change those names as it was mentioned you could edit player names. so career mode you have nobody player and no way to change their names at all. not looking good at all.

yeah los most of us in nz or aus have to pay like full price for both games so I think for a lot of people they will be choosing one over the other.
well treat it like this

its hard to explain but IMO

Career mode is like Madden after 10 years of franchise

Nobody knows anyone, as the rookies progress into league stars

Althoug not sure if the NH teams have nay real people, as i am only in Division 3.........actually wait..............excuse my SH ignorance, but Gavin Henson was playing for the CPU, so i guess they do exist for those teams, but i havent come across any in the transfer market...neither has paddy, and i assume they wont, coz the intructions say "Take ur team to the top and develop now blood etc etc" along thos lines

Trev was there though........too expensive mate.....my wingers were already on par with you, as my coaching skills are maxed, and my rookies have already developed, into 3rd tier rugby stars
<

Coaching is really really cool

I mean the coaching RC2006, and training costs etc is VERY ORIGINAL, and very very addictive........kinda sponges the crap of the likeness and names etc....to a certain extent

Originally posted by esoj@Feb 2 2006, 12:35 PM

yeah, sorry if over the top...

but, like, holy cow!! Howcome it is the equivalent in the NH of like $40 NZ...yet we are asked to pay $80-90???

that is blue murder!! Sending stock here etc does not justify a 200% mark up for an unlicensed SHerless game!!! It should be expensive for them and cheap for us in reflection of what the game offers us!!

Ludicrous really...unjustified...and I for one will pay video ezy my money NOT swordfish...

come o join in everyone:

"Half the sales ..half the sales..."

<

oh hang on....

is it in fact:

"Halve the sales, Halves the sales..."?

Oh
<
I feel like Burt badger tv...
<

You do get to play AGAINST real players, im in division 1 and it gets pretty tough against those guys

Training is pretty much like madden, its pretty fun at the start but gets boring later on

1 thing i really like is you have a chance of injure a guy from a big hit button. Boy i love that

Originally posted by Paddy@Feb 2 2006, 12:56 PM
You do get to play AGAINST real players, im in division 1 and it gets pretty tough against those guys

Training is pretty much like madden, its pretty fun at the start but gets boring later on

1 thing i really like is you have a chance of injure a guy from a big hit button. Boy i love that
If Trev is in the game - I will hire it just for that.
<
I will record it....and I will put it into ultra motion VB series style and sit in front of the two hour version plesuring myself.

<

no but I will.

<

Latest posts