• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 Editor

Well i can view the teams. Just working on the editing "feature". Not sure how i am going to do it, i want it to be different than last years as last years was ugly. Doing the teams is like recreating two programs in one. like having to make it so you can double click on a player to edit straight away and stuff like that.

Also moving players around the team. I also want it so if you click on a player it brings up their positions to make it easier to choose who goes where.

any other suggestions for the team editing? I am just going to make a basic one first, then will add the features in later.

Also has anyone found out the team id's? so far i am running blind, i havnt even extracted the data.gob file yet.

here ya go i think this is it

any particular reason you havent extracted the gob yet?

apart from the fact i havnt downloaded the tools for it, havnt had the time :)

cheers mate :)

*EDIT*

FREAKING EA

last year the teams were easy to program, i just had to put the team names in and work around that. This time they have added a few teams in random places. Mainly changed the grouping as well.

I wonder if someone could change one of the "Active" flags to yes put it in the main directory. Do a play now and change the teams see if it crashes. would be rater interesting. If thats the case maybe we could add the teams in, give them kits and stuff and see if it all works. Now that would be cool!

I just tried to make leeds active and northampton not. It does take northampton out of the game, but when you scroll to select leeds it crashes.

Also woosah do you think you could add in the height, d.o.b, skin and face options, if you can't don't worry, it would just be nice to start really sorting out the players.

Thanks

thats awesome news really, we can see if we can add in new teams.

what if you left northampton in the game would it have both teams there?

We just need to know what files it needs to have them active, would be cool.

Man it would be so cool we could chuck in all the French teams and just imagine if we could get custom tournaments in there. NPC, TOP 10. Man I'm really getting my hopes up, even though I know how difficult it will prove to implement and probably won't happen.
Going through the rosters its looking positive as far as creating players goes as there are just so many copies of players with fake names who can all be converted to authentic players still missing from the rosters. Hopefully I won't run into the problem I did last time where I reached the maximum of created players and had to start replacing international sides. It sucked.

just thought i would give you guys an update...

just sorting out the saving of the teams, at the moment it only shows "active" teams so it can be configured later if we can get the other teams enabled. Just got to sort out sorting for players. Anyone got an idea how they want them to be sorted? I am doing it by Nationality like last year. But any other suggestions will be taken on board.

Also for the team selection i "plan" on putting info like players position and player ratings (as well as on the normal stats) and when you save the team it will check to make sure that players are not out of position. Do you guys think thats a good idea? Hopefully I can get it to save and sort by nationality so i can get that done. Then I will put in the extra features.

Hey woosaah,
I don't know about the others but I reckon keep it Nationalities. That would be great if it could check to see if players are out of position.

Right,

got the sort by nationalities to work, so I am happy about that.

Just going to put in Captain, VC, and the kicking choices then you guys can have it, probably tomorrow around lunch time (my time)

After you guys have tested it ill add it in the download section and see what people think.

Cheers guys, if you download it and test it let me know and ill add you in the "thank you" section :)

cool ill definitely have a tinker

on a side note im not 100% sure but unlike last year the player portraits are now locked to the player id instead of the face/head number

not really a big deal but kind of annoying, please correct me if im wrong

i had planned on patching all the team logos but im off to oz to live next week and have things to sort out in a couple days. so could be missing for a couple of months

i just know im gonna have trf withdrawals

Heya woosah, was wondering if the file setup3 is the latest version of the roster you were talking about releasing at lunchtime or if its the old version. I'm happy to give it a thorough testing.
Evol the max number of created players for 06 was a measly 90. After that pretty much had to overwrite 3 international sides and a buttload of old retired players to get the rosters close to updated.

yeah still havnt uploaded the latest file yet.

going to sort out saving and then do it, i am a bit late i have been busy actually doing my proper work instead of this.

Can't access the file Woosah its saying you do not have permission to view files in the category. :(

One of the chaps in the forum was kind enough to email it to me. if you like I can forward it to your email addy.
Found a pretty obvious error. In the team edit where it displays players by country. When you select New Zealand, it comes up with Japanese players instead. All the others are fine. Quite amusing since its a kiwi doing the programme, and they are the only ones bugged. :D

No problems Woosah. Great work on the editor so far.
One other thing worth pointing out is that its still quite difficult to use the team editor if the names of players aren't in alphabetical order as its hard to find the fellow you want.

yeah, remember i am still learning .net so its still in its early stages.

i tried doing the sort but it threw everything out so i took that out again.

i only released what i have now cause i am going on holiday and it needed to get out there sooner or later.

Latest posts