• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 Editor

woosah would it be too much work to add in the face, skin d.o.b. and height options before you go away? If you can't don't worry, it would just be nice to start really sorting out these rosters.

And apart from the NZ bug the team editor is much better than last years and works great!

Thanks

fixed the new zealand/japan bug.

also made it so you have to open up the roster file each time. you will need to uninstall and download the new one again if you want it to work.

sorry i know its a pian but some people are stupid and need to try make it idiot proof. :D

Heya guys once again I can't download the latest updated version of Woosah's 08 editor (the one that fixes the NZ/Japan bug) so if someone could email it to me that would be great. My address is [email protected]
Thanks in advance guys.
Other bugs I have found:
1. When editing a team if you do not have a full roster of 30 for a team and you try and shift a guy down into an empty space the editor crashes. e.g you have 9 players in position 1 to 9 and you try to move the 9th player to the 15th position. The moment you move him to the first empty space the editor crashes.
Some more suggestions for your editor Woosah, after testing it out a little more.
1.Team editor needs a remove all button, as it stands you have to remove players one at a time.
2.Would be nice if players under the team editor also displayed their positions or some other defining stat, so you know you've got the right one. e.g. Justin Collins and Jerry Collins.
I shall try to put it through a few more tests so I can let you know any other bugs or recommendations.

Thanks Woosah,
I reckon its probably because of the special permission that allows us to view this thread, its probably mucked up our other permissions or something.

Allright. I've used the :wall: default roster as a starting point. They actually got some things right. But:

1) Name changes ('name in game' -> 'real name'). I've also indicated for which players the positions should be changed.

P.Baluc -> P.Balan
M.Tanka -> M.Tincu
R.Mondragon -> R.Mavrodin
C.Peter -> C.Petre
R.Gonadineac -> R.Gontineac
O. Toritu -> O. Tonita (real positions: FL, N8 in this order).
J.Turpinescu -> F. Corodeanu (real positions: N8, FL in this order).
G.Bretsoianu -> G.Brezoianu (real positions: CT, WG)
M. Tudori -> A.Tudori (FL, N8, SR)
P.Ion -> I. Paulica (PR, SR). Please improve his rating by 5 points, from 56 to 61. He just got transferred to Bath :bravo:

2) Useless players (not on the WC team, most of them retired or fake - they can be edited to real players, section 3):

Andrei
Chiriac
Dumbrava
Florea
Ghioc
Melfi
Niculai
Pantelimon
Podea
Sauan
Socaciu
Tatu
B.Tudor
Vioreanu

3) Players on World Cup squad but not in game:

B.Balan (yes, another Balan) PR
S.Socol SR, N8
V.Ursache SR
C.Mersoiu FL
A.Manta FL
V.Calafeteanu SH (worth mentioning here: the team kicker. Drop goals: not so good. Tactical kicking: does lots of it. Very solid on transformations/penalty kicks. Definitely better in all these aspects by comparison with I.Tofan, a real player but who according to Rugby 08 does the kicking for the team - no longer true since 2006).
I.Dimofte FH (mediocre. lotsa knock-ons).
C.Gal CT
C.Dascalu CT
D.Vlad CT
C.Nicolae WG
C. Fercu WG (very young, very fast, very promising player. Worth a rating in the mid-to-high 60s).
I. Dumitras FB (mediocre. Not good at catching. Lotsa knock-ons).
F.Vlaicu FB.

4) Position changes for players with the correct names
(format: Name - Position in game -> Position in real life)

I.Tofan - FH, CT -> FH, WG, FB
C.Popescu - PR, HK -> PR

5) We don't have any black players. One of the guys on the default roster (I.Nicolai, a fake player) is black. And Romania isn't the only team on which this is happening.

The rest of the teams will be coming in 24-36 hours.
Hope the details aren't too much, I don't think there will be that many for the other teams.

Yeah the team editor is working, still a few bugs in it at the moment and havnt got everything in there yet.

There will be a team editing function, working on that right now. Not exactly sure how i am going to do it, but yeah it will be done. Hopefully better than last years.

working hard to get it going. I will be talking to the others who are helping me to see if they think its worth releasing so people can at least do the basics.

ozzy i got a pm from someone for a request i think these are for romania or something.

just thought it was worth a mention somewhere.

Thanks for the heads up woosah, Romania aye, that's a new one. Just shows how massive the trf forums have gotten.

Your editor is very solid Woosah, after using it extensively these are the last couple of suggestions/bugs I can come up with.
After you save a team in the team edit and go to change another team, the goal kicker from the previous team remains as the kicker and when you try to change kicker, the drop down list is populated by the previous teams lineup. Doesn't crash the editor or stop it from saving, so its a low priority bug.
Another nice feature to have in the editor would be the ability to change the body type, something that wasn't available in the last editor. I think there are only 3 or 4 body types as well.

Yeah maybe what I said was a bit misleading, the actual builds of the bodies are virtually identical, but there are several different heights. So you've got your tall body type for locks like C.Jack and Ali Williams and then you've got your medium height for fellows like Richie McCaw and Collins, this is the most common body height and is also shared by the majority of backs and props. The 3rd body type is the short one, which a few halfbacks and hookers have. I think M.Schwalger has a short body type.
Yeah, that's pretty much it. There may be a 4th body type in there, but probably not.
The problem with the 06 editor was that if you overwrote a player with a short body type as a lock, despite making his height 6'6" in the information screen, ingame he'd still appear as short ass halfback. The only way to work around this was to overwrite a lock with another lock and so on, but it gets to be a pain, when you run out of the necessary body types.
Easiest way to look at "body types" is play and international match and check out the height differences when the players line up for the anthem.

Right, i have got the player rating done. that will be in the next version to be tested.

just working out the boots/socks/face/skin tone etc. since i lost all my info this bit is going to be hard. I have got what evol posted on the other page, but working out which ones are the face again is going to be a pain.

can someone use the 06 editor and throw a few values my way? just so i can test them. Just use players that i know lol, eg carter, mccaw, just need two or three and then ill compare them to this one.

Then once i have that ill sort out the skin tone and the DOB and left/right foot. then fix the other team bug, add in a clear team option and will release that to you guys.

cheers

Sounds great Woosah, don't forget the height option as well since there are a few 5'4" locks running around :p
People will be clamoring for that skin colour fix, apparently playing a white Waylon Murray is getting up everyone's nose.
Man the 08 roster is seriously fecked.

Ok not totally sure if this is what you wanted, but here's some face nos. from 06.

Carter - 12529
Umaga- 5705
Carl Hayman - 10291
Chris Jack - 17421

let me know if you need more.

looks great :) i have the face working good then :)

I have attatced a file with all the names and the current faces from your roster file. just for reference.

They are all in order from -2000 whatever upwards. I was thinking of just using names for a reference but i wouldnt have a clue what number to put down for what name lol :)

Wow that's awesome Woosah, so it looks like they used the same numerical references for faces in 08 as they did in 06? Well that's good news for me as it will make face reassignment a much easier task!!

Not to rush you or anything, but when were you planning on putting out your latest version of the roster, I ask because I have edited and created a little over 150 players now and it makes it easier if I can make all the changes to them when they are created, rather than having to go back and reedit them for correct height, d.o.b, face and colour using the new editor.

lol thats cool, depends on how i go tonight. Hoping to do quite a bit of tinkering on it tonight. I should be able to get that part up and running tonight.

Then ill seriously get the team thing sorted. but that will be a separate update.

can someone check some boots for me?

in ozzys roster i have these values for boots, just need to know what color/style they are

22 - R.Filipo (Crusaders)
21 - E.McDougall. G.Bretsoianu, A.Hollenbach (dont know what team they plays for though)
20 - J.Billow, R.Yamamuchi, J,Filler, J.Harris, I.Harinordoquy
N.Seru (dunno these players either)
19 - R.Strauss, M.Tifune, RFrost, D.Coetxee(sounds familiar), W.Alberts no idea what team either
17 - C.Smith (hurricanes)
16 - T.Flavell (Blues)
9 - W.Walker, S.Mylser
8 P.Travagli
7 D.Carter - blue addidas boots thats all i know lol
6 - L.Macdonald (Crusaders)
5. D.Flatman (and a few others i dont know any of thse guys
4 - A.Pretorius (South Africa)
3 G.Smith^ austrlaia
2 P.Montgomery^ - South Africa
1 J.Lewsey^ - england
0 - D.Braid - blues

if not ill just add these to my editor as numbers at this stage. until someone can figure out what they are :)

22 - R.Filipo (Crusaders) WHITE BOOTS
21 - E.McDougall. G.Bretsoianu, A.Hollenbach (dont know what team they plays for though) BLACK AND WHITE
20 - J.Billow, R.Yamamuchi, J,Filler, J.Harris, I.Harinordoquy
N.Seru (dunno these players either)
19 - R.Strauss, M.Tifune, RFrost, D.Coetxee(sounds familiar), W.Alberts no idea what team either BLACK
17 - C.Smith (hurricanes) BLACK ADIDAS
16 - T.Flavell (Blues)
9 - W.Walker, S.Mylser BLACK
8 P.Travagli
7 D.Carter - blue addidas boots thats all i know lol
6 - L.Macdonald (Crusaders) says BLUE
5. D.Flatman (and a few others i dont know any of thse guys says BLUE again
4 - A.Pretorius (South Africa) WHITE
3 G.Smith^ austrlaia LIGHT GREY
2 P.Montgomery^ - South Africa YELLOW
1 J.Lewsey^ - england BLACK AND WHITE
0 - D.Braid - blues BLACK

The other boot styles mentioned in the editor are:

Black Adidas Yel Tongue
White with Blue
Black with White/Red

However none of the players seem to have these boot styles and I checked a whole of bunch of them too.

Latest posts