• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

.:: Rugby 08 MUP Roster Development ::.

Ok, i know what makes this happen now. Every team must have a rating from 10-1024, or in the editor 1-5. Problem is the editor does not save anything i enter in that box.

I think it will have to be hex-edited but i have no clue as to how to do it. Colin, Fran says he sent you some info on this. We will need a hex-editor to be able to do this i think, as the editor won't accept anything at the moment. The stadiums in the editor are save correct, but some of the setplays have some moves listed twice, i.e clasic and clasic.

Roster update news..

What's done or updated..

- All stats/positions for all club and international squad players..
- Appearances for all International team players..
- Team ratings accordingly to IRB World Rankings..
- Correct squads and names for all club and international players/teams..

What's not working or not done yet..

- Performance issue with unrealistic results in simulation.. i.e Namibia beat New Zealand, but only in simulation..
- Stats/appearances/positions for all fringe club and international players..
- Appearances for non-international club players..

I think it will have to be hex-edited but i have no clue as to how to do it. Colin, Fran says he sent you some info on this. We will need a hex-editor to be able to do this i think, as the editor won't accept anything at the moment. The stadiums in the editor are save correct, but some of the setplays have some moves listed twice, i.e clasic and clasic.[/b]

As I said when I described how to fix this problem the first time, a few weeks back, it may need a tool written for the purpose of fixing the teams.
I'll see what I can do...

Ok, cheers. Sorry if i seem ignorant, i have no clue how to fix it that's all.

btw, here's and interesting thing i found in the rugby gob file.. i believe there are 2137 face menu images and i think each player has a penpic assigned. Although it'd be a monumental effort, i am certain it is possible to have a penpic for every player. It'd just take a zillion years to find which one is which and then add them all..

I can't even find my Hernandez penpic :(

It'd just take a zillion years to find which one is which and then add them all..

[/b]

Probably not. Chances are that they're in a very logical order like the faces. If you can give me some definites that you know I'll see what I can do.

Ok, cheers. Sorry if i seem ignorant, i have no clue how to fix it that's all.

btw, here's and interesting thing i found in the rugby gob file.. i believe there are 2137 face menu images and i think each player has a penpic assigned. Although it'd be a monumental effort, i am certain it is possible to have a penpic for every player. It'd just take a zillion years to find which one is which and then add them all..

[/b]

I begin to found face menu but it very very long and i do others things in the same time, only 40 faces found and there are 1903 players in roster but it different when you change roster i classified with the first number in the editor

example 1. Havea

If many people help it will do more quickly.

@ Kingwilko - Your editor works a treat. No bugs as far as i can see and the teams all play properly in simulation. The results are excellent with my set-up i must say, a team like Leeds can lose by 45 one week to a top-rated team and then lose maybe by 5 points or possibly win by 10 against a mid-ranked team.

No more Namibia-Japan RWC finals!

There is still a big error with the Heineken Cup though, which is that in 2 of the groups, only 5 games play for each team rather than 6. I think if it is edited it crashes the game, but i figured you'd be the dude to ask. Can it be fixed, Colin?

Don't quite understand the problem.
Have you edited the fixtures file? Could you explain a bit more what you mean.

@ Kingwilko - In the Heineken Cup Pool Stages, two of the Pools only seem to play 5 games, although 6 games is listed in the fixtures. If you complete the Pool Stage, in the two affected groups, the last 2 fixtures are not played, either by player or simulation.

When Ciais was looking at this he mentioned something about the dates of the fixtures being wrong, and so they don't fit in the schedule, which is why they dont get played. I am not sure if it can be fixed, buti have no coding knowledge at all and was hoping that you, or other coders could shed some light on this unusual problem.

But i can confirm that your editor worked a treat and now it is possible to assign the setplays and stadium and the setting for which results a team can achieve, i.e namibia wont ever come close to the AB's.

@ Kingwilko - In the Heineken Cup Pool Stages, two of the Pools only seem to play 5 games, although 6 games is listed in the fixtures. If you complete the Pool Stage, in the two affected groups, the last 2 fixtures are not played, either by player or simulation.

When Ciais was looking at this he mentioned something about the dates of the fixtures being wrong, and so they don't fit in the schedule, which is why they dont get played. I am not sure if it can be fixed, buti have no coding knowledge at all and was hoping that you, or other coders could shed some light on this unusual problem. [/b]

It's definitely fixable by editing the tmt but would be easier (if possible) by editing the rsg.
This is a bug that happens on a clean install with default roster?

I think Fran was editing the schedules and added all the dates of the games to make it as in real life, but i am sure that it is not a bug of the game, but the bug appears if you try to edit the dates in only two of the Pools.

How do you edit the files like tmt, rsg and those types? I need to change the com name for Bergamasco from Abuseridze but i dont know how to do it without probably messing it up.

I think Fran was editing the schedules and added all the dates of the games to make it as in real life, but i am sure that it is not a bug of the game, but the bug appears if you try to edit the dates in only two of the Pools. [/b]

Can't you either edit the other dates or change it back then?

How do you edit the files like tmt, rsg and those types? I need to change the com name for Bergamasco from Abuseridze but i dont know how to do it without probably messing it up. [/b]

tmt - with a hex editor
rsg - ASCII based so notepad will do

Really great patch , but there is a way to have this patch without replacing the Super 14 for the Top 14?

I begin to found face menu but it very very long and i do others things in the same time, only 40 faces found and there are 1903 players in roster but it different when you change roster i classified with the first number in the editor

example 1. Havea

If many people help it will do more quickly.
[/b]

Ok, I've had a look at what you sent me and this looks pretty straight forward. The numbers descend from 1903 in offset order. There are quite a lot of gaps and the fit isn't perfect so I'll try and work out if the gaps are placeholders, spares, or ones left in from R06.

This is going to sound like a strange request but I need a Rugby06 (not 08) default roster to figure out the gaps. If someone could please send it to colin @ planetcricket.net (no spaces).

Latest posts