• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

.:: Rugby 08 MUP Roster Development ::.

That'd be cool Colin.

Just an update for you guys.. ALL the international teams now have the RWC/6 Nations squads and i have updated the stats for every international player in the RWC/6 Nations. Even updated squads for Uruguay, Spain and Russia circa RWC qualifiers in 2007.

I still have the stats to do for most of the clubs in TOP14, Wales and Italy plus a few of the minnows, like Bucuresti.

The majority of Premiership is done and Scotland is done and some Italian, Irish teams are done.

I will add apperances in the next stage after i have made all the correct names and stats, which i am working on. It takes a very long time.

What do you all think of star icons btw?

Put them in or leave them out??

They won't actually work as impact players though, it's just if you fancy slamming their star players in the mud or a slightly more fun game of rugby.

If you can make this editor it would be the greatest ever! :bravo: [/b]

I've done it for C07 with the same file structure so I'll probably send my code to woosaah again and he can add it into his editor.

sorry if its the wrong thread but does this change world league players too?
i dont know how to do that coz most teams still have weird unlicensed names even though i have roster for play mode

Hey guys,

I need some help with the Welsh teams from Magners League. I don't follow it, so if any Blues, Scarlets, Ospreys and Dragons fans could tell me who are the best players in the team, like who is academy and not so good etc i would appreciate it. Not so much having a problem with Ospreys, but there alots of surnames like Jones which can get very confusing to know who is who.

@ Florian74 - Yes, it should change World League players so they are not the crappy ones. They will be players who are not in teams in the game i hope.

I have to make the rdf file once the roster is done, then it should be very good. By the way, it is not World League anymore, it is European Superleague, with new logos and stuff.

Hey guys,

I need some help with the Welsh teams from Magners League. I don't follow it, so if any Blues, Scarlets, Ospreys and Dragons fans could tell me who are the best players in the team, like who is academy and not so good etc i would appreciate it. Not so much having a problem with Ospreys, but there alots of surnames like Jones which can get very confusing to know who is who.

@ Florian74 - Yes, it should change World League players so they are not the crappy ones. They will be players who are not in teams in the game i hope.

I have to make the rdf file once the roster is done, then it should be very good. By the way, it is not World League anymore, it is European Superleague, with new logos and stuff.
[/b]

thanks for quick answer but how do i install it in my docs do i have to delete all the other rosters? do i have to start a new career.(by theway in my careerwith bristol players all have number 1 in their back!! maybe someone told u before!)
thx again for all ur n the other modders work

Hey guys,

I have to make the rdf file once the roster is done, then it should be very good. By the way, it is not World League anymore, it is European Superleague, with new logos and stuff. [/b]

Blues:

Best Players :

Martyn Williams *
Xavier Rush *
Paul ***o
Ben Blair
Tom Shanklin
Gethin Jenkins

Young and Hot Prospects:

Tom James : Winger
Jaime Roberts : Winger / Fullback
Bradley Davies: Second Row

Changes Needed:

M.Lewis : Flanker should be in the mid 70's
M.Molatika : Rating should be in the mid to late 80's
D.Jones : Second Row : Needs to be upgraded - to around 82-85
B.White : Needs to be created
J.Robinson : Needs to be upgraded!
If you need anymore help I am more than willing to help!

That's a big help, cheers!

I have just edited nearly all the stats in the game today. It took bloody ages!

I have to update the numbers for Bristol, its fixed in my game now.

I looked at the rdf file i made and the changes i made have not appeared so i will have to find out how those files work.

You don't need to delete anything. You have to put the roster (.ros file) in the ea rugby 08 folder in mydocuments (xp) or documents (vista).

For a roster file to work it has to have a folder made (just create a new folder if it's not there) and name it what the roster file is called, in this case it is MUP.ros

So you should have a folder called MUP.ros and then the roster file inside it which is also called MUP.ros

You can do this for as many rosters as you like.

I looked at the rdf file i made and the changes i made have not appeared so i will have to find out how those files work.[/b]

I think that the roster is generated from it when yuo make a default new one but I'm not sure.

I found this site today, it seems pretty good when it comes to photos old and new and some profile info too.

http://www.carolinemockett.com/rugbypix/index.aspx

Might be helpful for any modders out there.

I much prefer Gloucester in stripes, why did they change? In fact i am going to make that kit and use that because i can't make the new one properly.. ;)

i only try in word cup mode, but there are always strange results: namibia, romania, ecc.. win all games; france, new zeland, ecc.. lose always

Fran figured out what caused that, but i thought he fixed it. I will try and see what happens. I can't remember why it happens, but it is very fixable.. it is something to do with coding.

I'm pretty sure it's to do with byte 88 (performance). There has been corruption of the string from byte 88 onwards caused by earlier versions of player editor.

So what does that mean? Is it fixable and will it affect my roster? [/b]

You can tell by looking at the team edit section of player editor and seeing if stadium and performance (and possibly set plays) are messed up. If they are fix them (although it may need to be done through hex editing).

Latest posts