• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 NEW INFO!

This is how they explain creative scoring:

Creative Scoring: Scoring in single player action becomes more difficult as the action moves closer to the try line. Watch as the CPU tightens up defensively, forcing you to create more strategic ways to score.

Locks or knowlsley already said that you can still just pop it to a forward close to the line and automatically crash over no problem like 06.

i thibk they got the mix right last time but a star is a player who can turn a game
something jerry doesnt do, how about sheridan did destroy hayman versus the moaris on the lions tour something the nz public and woodward chose to ignore

ps darkman rococoko has scored 1 try in his last ten games for the blues
[/b]

Rococoko shits on Lote as far as im concerned and Sheridan isnt even on Haymans level.

Apart from the few screenies we got on hb-studis we really hadn't got anything until now. Is it possible that EA may not have been allowed to do so? I mean only now, after the Aussie and SA jerseys have been announced do we see official screenshots of them.

Would it be possible to give us a list of star players??

Are people who were under rated last time, (Peel, Jauzion, Rokcoco etc.) rated higher????

Electronic Arts Inc. will celebrate the Rugby World Cup with the launch of EA SPORTS Rugby 08, the event’s only officially licensed video game featuring reigning Player of the Year Richie McCaw, captain of the New Zealand All Blacks, as its cover star. EA SPORTS Rugby 08 will ship to stores worldwide on the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system in July, in time for the real-world tournament kick off.

Experience all of the passion and excitement of Rugby World Cup 2007 in France as you challenge the best teams and players ever assembled for global supremacy. A nation’s destiny is in your hands when you take control of one of the officially licensed national teams in EA SPORTS Rugby 08 and power your way through a gruelling Rugby World Cup 2007 campaign for the sports’ ultimate prize â€" the glorious Webb Ellis Cup.

“Rugby World Cup 2007unites rugby fans from around the world and our game, EA SPORTS Rugby 08, celebrates this passion by capturing all of the national rivalries in-game, enabling fans to play as their favourite teams from qualification right through to the Rugby World Cup 2007 Final in Stade de France,†said Tristan Jackson, lead producer of the game.

Honoured as 2006 Player of the Year by both the International Rugby Board (IRB) and the International Rugby Players Association (IRPA), McCaw is considered the world’s best openside flanker. He will be the centrepiece of EA SPORTS Rugby 08 advertising, marketing and packaging as well as spokesperson for the game. The 26-year-old McCaw was first called up to the All Blacks three years ago when he debuted against Ireland and was named Man of the Match. He has been a linchpin in the All Blacks ever since, earning numerous national and international accolades, while becoming one of the world’s most popular rugby players.

Joining McCaw on the front packs of EA SPORTS Rugby 08 in selected territories around the world are 11 additional athletes who also demonstrate athletic excellence, undying determination and masterful skill for their national teams. Joining McCaw on the cover of EA SPORTS Rugby 08 in the United Kingdom is England’s Mark Cueto, and in France is Frenchman Yannick Nyanga. Brian O’Driscoll, Paul O’Connell and Ronan O’Gara will be showcased on the cover in Ireland, Bryan Habana, Schalk Burger and Francois Stevin in South Africa, brothers Mauro and Mirko Bergamasco in Italy and Australia’s Stirling Mortlock will be the featured athlete in Australia and Asia.

This is the season you take complete control of managing your favourite squad as EA SPORTS Rugby 08 enables you to emulate the style of your favourite team on offence and now on defence. Using new, authentic defensive formations, adjust your defence on-the-fly to keep momentum on your side or counter your opponent’s attacking style by changing your defensive strategy based on score, field position and more.

This year EA SPORTS Rugby 08 introduces a layered pick-up-and-play control system for set pieces and drop kicks. Now you take full command over every scrum and maul with enhanced push and rotation controls. Make lineout throw-ins look easy with a simplified control scheme for the novice player and advanced mechanics for the pro. Master the new kicking meter to score those key penalties and conversions, while new truck and zoom camera angles zero in on all the breakdown and set piece action during the game’s biggest moments.

In addition to enabling gamers to participate in Rugby World Cup 2007 by taking control of one of 20 national teams, the game features a new, compelling mode of play named Rugby World Cup Challenge. Testing even the most hardcore rugby fan, it re-creates the biggest moments in Rugby World Cup history and challenges you to re-write the results with today’s teams to unlock exclusive Rugby World Cup highlight videos.

EA SPORTS Rugby 08, developed by Electronic Arts in Vancouver, Canada, is available on the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system and PC. This game is rated is rated “G†in New Zealand. Screenshots of EA SPORTS Rugby 08 can be found at http://info.ea.com.

I saw a ad on tv showing that Richie McCaws gonna be playing Rugby 08 against a news presenter Jackie Brown tonight at 7pm. Can't wait to see what its like put most of my questions to rest.

campbell live? or whatever his programs called? thanx for the heads up, i never watch his program :p

hopefully it gets put up on the tv3 website in some decent quality beyond youtube ( no offence to locksley and knowsley)

hopefully it gets put up on the tv3 website in some decent quality beyond youtube ( no offence to locksley and knowsley) [/b]

They hardly showed the game anyway.

On the Richie McCaw spot on 3 news it showed the end to end camera switching with posession like 06-now it may have changed but didnt Locksley say that this view wasnt in the game?

Did it show the guiness premiership? i wonder if they have the coming season premiership with leeds or last years with northampton, ...i hope they have last seasons instead....

On the Richie McCaw spot on 3 news it showed the end to end camera switching with posession like 06-now it may have changed but didnt Locksley say that this view wasnt in the game? [/b]

Apparently Lox I think it was said the classic camera angle is only available in 2 player games only. Nice one EA. <_<

Just set second player as a controller and don't use it, may make the game challenging at the same time.

I am gutted I've been looking around and found that Rugby 08 will most likely be delayed another week with here in New Zealand. I hate it when they tell us its gonna come out on a certain date then delay it.I've been counting down the weeks, days and hours but now I have to add another week. They delayed the Ps3, now they delaying Rugby 08 damn it not good enough I think I might just stick to 06 cause I don't think its gonna be worth the wait :%#%#: .

Latest posts