Rugby 08 NEW INFO!

Discussion in 'Rugby Video Games & Apps' started by knowsleyroader, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Dmx#1

Dmx#1 Guest

I would, but unfortunately im a lazy *******. Its easier to criticise you know. Although i think All Blacks should have the most star players because there is a reason why we are the best. I think 4 stars is a bit excessive unless its the All Blacks. Anyway, Lote does not deserve a star.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. sasnoz

sasnoz Guest

well i dont think collins is a star he never performs versus the africans or the wallabies, just a wellington favourite personality even though hes a complete drip

rococoko no doubt is a fine player when given space and front foot ball[something tuquiri hasnt got] but like tuquri has scored bugger all tries in super 14 for last 2 seasons, tuquiri can bust a tackle from nowhere and produce brilliance like versus the crusaders this year to set up the would be matchwinning try if the overated hewat kicked the goal

4. Dmx#1

Dmx#1 Guest

Jerry Collins is underrated imo and deserves a star (If Lote gets a star damnit Collins gets a star) Joe missed out on games and was benched for a couple of games last season. Lote does not deserve a star.

5. C A Iversen

C A Iversen Guest

I personally feel that not enough forwards get stars in EA's series, (and I'm a back!).

It's a crime that not 1 member the front row or locks got a star last edition. Absolute crime, hence why I asked the guys if any of the tight-five players got a star this time round.

I'm a kiwi and even I thought Victor Matfield deserved one! Who do you guys think deserves one around the world, that hasn't had one yet?

Still, star players has been an unmitigated success.

6. BOKean

BOKean Guest

rsa stars:

habana
    matfield
    burger
    du preez

aus stars:

larkam
    giteau
    latham (maybe)

nz:

carter
    mcaw
    hayman
    collins (maybe)

7. ozzy

ozzy Guest

I can't believe you left out heyman for NZ, he is the best prop in the world and one of the few people will argue about. Woodcocks good, but nowhere near the man mountain.

8. BOKean

BOKean Guest

woops no your right - i just got the wrong one..

the guy with the beard!

9. C A Iversen

C A Iversen Guest

Woodcocks almost worth it too, the All Black scrum is one of their strongest parts. I agree though, more of the tight-five members to have stars!!!!

10. jake the mus

jake the mus Guest

im not having a go.but..lewsey a star?? lol

11. I wouldn't worry, I think it's bullshit as well.

He shouldn't even be in the starting lineup, nevermind have a star.

12. C A Iversen

C A Iversen Guest

thats one I think most of us are on the same page with! :)

13. jake the mus

jake the mus Guest

oh yeh and wats the point of star players. its as if having a star gives them an advantage they wudnt usually have in a real game . e.g players bumping off as if they were jonah when really theyd be lucky to make one bump

14. C A Iversen

C A Iversen Guest

Well, lets be honest. It's more fun in a video game having star players than not.

Maybe they could be turned off so they are normal. That would make a good option switch to turn them into normal players with the same rating that they have.

They are fun to have as an option though.

15. sasnoz

sasnoz Guest

i thibk they got the mix right last time but a star is a player who can turn a game
    something jerry doesnt do, how about sheridan did destroy hayman versus the moaris on the lions tour something the nz public and woodward chose to ignore

ps darkman rococoko has scored 1 try in his last ten games for the blues

16. candybum

candybum Guest

but Hayman redeemed himself against the english did he not?

17. sasnoz

sasnoz Guest

yeah he did so its 1 apiece im just sick of nz fans only seeing allblacks as star players i herad some one suggest chris jack as a star player which is just silly, but the welsh & irish are bad as well for promoting about 5 of their own as stars

18. candybum

candybum Guest

now thats silly :bravo: :cheers:

19. nui1stxv

nui1stxv Guest

20. candybum

candybum Guest

pretty informative... good stuff!!

interesting that McCaw will do more than just be the face of the title packaging too

21. DC

DC Guest

i wonder what cover the north america region will get, im guessing mccaw most likely

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!