• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 NEW INFO!

I reckon everyone has different ideas who should be a star player.

I don't think Lote should be one in my own opinion. He's often put into a good position to score his tries and doesn't have a multi-facted game.

The important thing to remember is, that if you chose the star players for '08, you'd probably choose some that other people wouldn't agree with too.

No-ones going to pick star players that everyone will agree with. Out of interest why don't you tell us who the three-four star players that you'd pick for Australia are?

[/b]

I would, but unfortunately im a lazy *******. Its easier to criticise you know. Although i think All Blacks should have the most star players because there is a reason why we are the best. I think 4 stars is a bit excessive unless its the All Blacks. Anyway, Lote does not deserve a star.

well i dont think collins is a star he never performs versus the africans or the wallabies, just a wellington favourite personality even though hes a complete drip

rococoko no doubt is a fine player when given space and front foot ball[something tuquiri hasnt got] but like tuquri has scored bugger all tries in super 14 for last 2 seasons, tuquiri can bust a tackle from nowhere and produce brilliance like versus the crusaders this year to set up the would be matchwinning try if the overated hewat kicked the goal

Jerry Collins is underrated imo and deserves a star (If Lote gets a star damnit Collins gets a star) Joe missed out on games and was benched for a couple of games last season. Lote does not deserve a star.

I personally feel that not enough forwards get stars in EA's series, (and I'm a back!).

It's a crime that not 1 member the front row or locks got a star last edition. Absolute crime, hence why I asked the guys if any of the tight-five players got a star this time round.

I'm a kiwi and even I thought Victor Matfield deserved one! Who do you guys think deserves one around the world, that hasn't had one yet?

Still, star players has been an unmitigated success.

rsa stars:

habana
matfield
burger
du preez

aus stars:

larkam
giteau
latham (maybe)

nz:

carter
mcaw
hayman
collins (maybe)

I can't believe you left out heyman for NZ, he is the best prop in the world and one of the few people will argue about. Woodcocks good, but nowhere near the man mountain.

Woodcocks almost worth it too, the All Black scrum is one of their strongest parts. I agree though, more of the tight-five members to have stars!!!!

im not having a go.but..lewsey a star?? lol [/b]

I wouldn't worry, I think it's bullshit as well.

He shouldn't even be in the starting lineup, nevermind have a star.

oh yeh and wats the point of star players. its as if having a star gives them an advantage they wudnt usually have in a real game . e.g players bumping off as if they were jonah when really theyd be lucky to make one bump

Well, lets be honest. It's more fun in a video game having star players than not.

Maybe they could be turned off so they are normal. That would make a good option switch to turn them into normal players with the same rating that they have.

They are fun to have as an option though.

i thibk they got the mix right last time but a star is a player who can turn a game
something jerry doesnt do, how about sheridan did destroy hayman versus the moaris on the lions tour something the nz public and woodward chose to ignore

ps darkman rococoko has scored 1 try in his last ten games for the blues

yeah he did so its 1 apiece im just sick of nz fans only seeing allblacks as star players i herad some one suggest chris jack as a star player which is just silly, but the welsh & irish are bad as well for promoting about 5 of their own as stars

pretty informative... good stuff!!

interesting that McCaw will do more than just be the face of the ***le packaging too

Latest posts