• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 NEW INFO!

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>besides it hardly makes a difference. B) [/b]

Well actually, it makes a massive difference to those of us in Europe. It will completely change which teams appear in the game and which are included in particular competitions.

[/b][/quote] so u have never seen another ea product do this. honestly u should know that the change of ***le is just to show its the most recent version of the game not what seasons it covers and how manyteams does this affect 2? B) [/b][/quote]

Suprisingly enough I do know EA pretty well. The fact of the matter is that my club could not be in the game at all depending on which season they have used.

Makes one hell of a difference to me.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>besides it hardly makes a difference. B) [/b]

Well actually, it makes a massive difference to those of us in Europe. It will completely change which teams appear in the game and which are included in particular competitions.

[/b][/quote] so u have never seen another ea product do this. honestly u should know that the change of ***le is just to show its the most recent version of the game not what seasons it covers and how manyteams does this affect 2? B) [/b][/quote]

Suprisingly enough I do know EA pretty well. The fact of the matter is that my club could not be in the game at all depending on which season they have used.

Makes one hell of a difference to me. [/b][/quote] yeah maybe if your club tried growing some talent instead of buying inconsistent past their prime players from overseas, then maybe they wouldn't suck. At least your national teams in the game although that would presumbably be england so thats two **** teams you support.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>besides it hardly makes a difference. B) [/b]

Makes one hell of a difference to me. [/b][/quote] yeah maybe if your club tried growing some talent instead of buying inconsistent past their prime players from overseas, then maybe they wouldn't suck. At least your national teams in the game although that would presumbably be england so thats two **** teams you support. [/b][/quote]

What has insulting me got anything to do with the topic? You really haven't started your forum life particularly well.

Grow up.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>besides it hardly makes a difference. B) [/b]

Makes one hell of a difference to me. [/b][/quote] yeah maybe if your club tried growing some talent instead of buying inconsistent past their prime players from overseas, then maybe they wouldn't suck. At least your national teams in the game although that would presumbably be england so thats two **** teams you support. [/b][/quote]

That comment was totally inappropriate and nasty. There's absolutely no need for it on these forums. If you wish to keep on using these forums, you're welcome to do so, but please pack in with the insults and degrading comments.

<div class='quotemain'>

That comment was totally inappropriate and nasty. There's absolutely no need for it on these forums. If you wish to keep on using these forums, you're welcome to do so, but please pack in with the insults and degrading comments.

[/b]

come on i've said much worse and can you honestly say any of thats not true are you going to tell me england and the saints are good or that english and french clubs buying overseas players is good for player depth i saw one team had two nz halfbacks this year where does the guy who can't make his home club side because of international players go? B)

i saw one team had two nz halfbacks this year where does the guy who can't make his home club side because of international players go? B)
[/b]

Was that the Ospreys with Spice and Marshall?

Anyway they kind of have to have some imports. What happens in the spring when all the internationals are taken away for the six nations and one team has Carlos Spencer etc and another team has 2nd and 3rd string players. This encourages managers to import foreign players just to compete. If there were no internationals played during the GP and T14 NH rugby would be a lot better off. I am a Munster fan and we can afford one good foreign player about once every 2 years so in 4 years time we will probably not be able to do much in the HEC. The IRB should change the schedule!

<div class='quotemain'>
i saw one team had two nz halfbacks this year where does the guy who can't make his home club side because of international players go? B)
[/b]

Anyway they kind of have to have some imports. What happens in the spring when all the internationals are taken away for the six nations and one team has Carlos Spencer etc and another team has 2nd and 3rd string players. This encourages managers to import foreign players just to compete. If there were no internationals played during the GP and T14 NH rugby would be a lot better off. I am a Munster fan and we can afford one good foreign player about once every 2 years so in 4 years time we will probably not be able to do much in the HEC. The IRB should change the schedule!
[/b][/quote]

yeah it was spice and marshall and i see what you mean.the IRB is working with clubs and unions to make a change to the 2008 season that would change this fingers crossed. the other problem is the unions don't own the clubs so they end up battling the clubs that have different goals to them. B)

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

yeah it was spice and marshall and i see what you mean.the IRB is working with clubs and unions to make a change to the 2008 season that would change this fingers crossed. the other problem is the unions don't own the clubs so they end up battling the clubs that have different goals to them. B)
[/b][/quote]

NZ fans are so full of it. What about all the Fiji, Tonga and Samoa players they get to play for NZ and Aus? Why dont they let Argentina and Pacific Islands into the tri nations and Super 14?

At least the Northern Hem clubs give players from Pacific Islands etc somewhere to play, unlike SANZAR who will not allow a Pacific Islands team to take part in the Tri Nations and Super 14 as it would prevent them taking the best players to play for NZ and Aus

Your full of it.

NZ fans are not the ones who decide who plays in the Tri Nations or the Super 14, so get your facts right.

I want you to name the Fiji, Samoan and Tongan players that have not grown up or spent three-quarter of their lives in NZ that we play for the All Blacks? Who have we not developed the talent in? Who have we poached who reached their prime in an island nation?

Why don't you NH nations do what we do and take (if thats what you say we do) players from small or developing Europe/NH nations and make them good by playing them in your comps?

The answer is simple. We develop talent. NH buys developed talent.

When the IRB one day allows us AND the island nations (Tonga/Fiji/Samoa) to demand transfer fees, you'll all show your real NH developed class.

Its there.........somewhere. I don't doubt NH talent, you just won't find it until your scouts put away their cheque books and train the unknowns waiting to be discovered in your own backyard.

mr lox/knowlsey what are the defensive stratergies like?

Also i think that the opposition scoring easy tries will be good becuase then at least i might have something to play against. 06 was a joke against cpu. They could never score. Atleast they may score due to their creativness rather than our silly mistakes. :)

mr lox/knowlsey what are the defensive stratergies like?

Also i think that the opposition scoring easy tries will be good becuase then at least i might have something to play against. 06 was a joke against cpu. They could never score. Atleast they may score due to their creativness rather than our silly mistakes. :) [/b]

Standard, Wide, Kick, Tight. They work ok actually.

Your full of it.

NZ fans are not the ones who decide who plays in the Tri Nations or the Super 14, so get your facts right.

I want you to name the Fiji, Samoan and Tongan players that have not grown up or spent three-quarter of their lives in NZ that we play for the All Blacks? Who have we not developed the talent in? Who have we poached who reached their prime in an island nation?

Why don't you NH nations do what we do and take (if thats what you say we do) players from small or developing Europe/NH nations and make them good by playing them in your comps?

When the IRB one day allows us AND the island nations (Tonga/Fiji/Samoa) to demand transfer fees, you'll all show your real NH developed class.

Its there.........somewhere. I don't doubt NH talent, you just won't find it until your scouts put away their cheque books and train the unknowns waiting to be discovered in your own backyard.
[/b]

Like I said why don't SANZAR allow Argentina and Pacific Islands into the Tri Nations and Super 14?

Because it would give players from Pacific Islands a Chance to play for Fiji, Tonga and Samoa. If they had a Super 14 Franchise they would have a choice. At the moment a Pacific Islands either plays for a club in NZ and as you say are "developed by NZ" and then go on to play for the ALL BLACKS. At least when they go to a club in Europe they are not eligible to play for NZ and can then play for Fiji, Tonga or Samoa.

were they not introducing new defensive stratergies like rush defence?

<div class='quotemain'>
Your full of it.

[/b]

Like I said why don't SANZAR allow Argentina and Pacific Islands into the Tri Nations and Super 14?

Because it would give players from Pacific Islands a Chance to play for Fiji, Tonga and Samoa. If they had a Super 14 Franchise they would have a choice. At the moment a Pacific Islands either plays for a club in NZ and as you say are "developed by NZ" and then go on to play for the ALL BLACKS. At least when they go to a club in Europe they are not eligible to play for NZ and can then play for Fiji, Tonga or Samoa.
[/b][/quote]

Argentina and the pacific islands are not alowed in simply because the trinations is 9 weeks long, and the super 14 is 14 weeks long, adding and xtra 4 teams to one or both of these comps is just not pheasable. Theres already issues about players playing to much rugby each year, and thats why theyre stearing clear of it.

Look I shouldn't have taken the bait with that inciting comment and blanket statement from funksoulbrother.

Lets just leave comments like the above for the real rugby threads.

Back to the game at hand, Rugby '08.

I'm really happy with all the new info so far.

On Sky TV in NZ theres some kind of ad where they tell you to go to digital channell 365 for info on a competition. The ad appears to show footage of Rugby '08. I unfortunately don't have digital.

you know they should incorporate in the game? cut moves or scissor type move, not just by using a set play but one where you tap L2 or something and the outside man would cut back inside, the setplays where you do this never seems to work..

you know they should incorporate in the game? cut moves or scissor type move, not just by using a set play but one where you tap L2 or something and the outside man would cut back inside, the setplays where you do this never seems to work.. [/b]

You can do this cut inside move manually to some extent both as a dummy cut or a real cut. See the you know what thread.......

i think they should add streakers, and the ability to jump into chase mode when one runs on the field, that way, you can chase them from behind and catch him!!!!!111

i also think they should add a career mode, like total pitch manager, you decide when to overseed, give it water, what cutting pattern to mow it in. not to mention the important decisions like mowers for sale which give you the most bang for your buck. also i think it would be great to incorporate a spray painting mini games where you have to paint the adverts onto the pitch and if you go outside the lines, you fail!

Latest posts