• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 Questions thread FAQ

any chance of u having the permission to answering my question? well hear we go. Are the ospreys the best welsh region, and ot is their rating. Also is James Hook any good in the game, and does he actually look like Hook, can't really tell from video. also thanks for posting that up. bloody great stuff. :cheers:

I got a two questions;

* Can you pick a player out of position = In Rugby 06, there are players that can be played in varied positions (in real life), but on rugby 06, if he is classed as a winger & you move him to centre, he keeps on knocking on the ball, constantly.
* Has the dreaded French curse gone = This spoilt all tourney's done in multiplayer where someone goes France & the French players injure 5+ of the opposing players in a game.

Cheers if you can answer those two questions.

Can you tell us who the new star players are and if any of the ones from 06 aren't star players anymore?

Cheers.

Do you know what classic players you can unlock. And are their stats all high. :crazy:

Kabamba.jpg

KABAMBA FLOORS RULZ! :weightliftingnaner:

Do you know what classic players you can unlock. And are their stats all high. :crazy:

Kabamba.jpg

[/b]
first i didn't think you could unlock classic players it says the challenges are using modern players so they don't have lisences for classic players.

second loxley do you know if the ps2 version will be compatible with the ps3?

<div class='quotemain'> Do you know what classic players you can unlock. And are their stats all high. :crazy:

Kabamba.jpg

[/b]
first i didn't think you could unlock classic players it says the challenges are using modern players so they don't have lisences for classic players.

second loxley do you know if the ps2 version will be compatible with the ps3?

[/b][/quote]

But it says complete world cup challenges to unlock photos,players etc,doesn't it

World Cup Challenge Mode • Takes key moments from World Cup History and allows the user to replay them. • Uses historical facts and scenarios (with current rosters) and throws the player in to the game to try to recreate history. • Rewards are unlocked after completing each scenario (photos, players, etc).
[/b]

it sure does.

Uses historical facts and scenarios (with current rosters)

thats stupid - so if wilkinson isn't the starting fly half with ea's roster - then it will be some other pommy clown kicking the poms to victory in the 03 world cup.

Uses historical facts and scenarios (with current rosters)

thats stupid - so if wilkinson isn't the starting fly half with ea's roster - then it will be some other pommy clown kicking the poms to victory in the 03 world cup. [/b]
its says jhonny in the screen shots don't worry about that. it means you'll play with dan carter instead of grant fox in 1987 world cup. B)

sorry i didn't know it said that. i wonder who you can unlock(please include jonah lomu. crossing my fingers).

mr christian cullen! lol

i hope if they are not licensed that their names wont be like J. Lamo thats a waste of time

mr christian cullen! lol

i hope if they are not licensed that their names wont be like J. Lamo thats a waste of time
[/b]

Cullen was in the last one as C.Callam, He is retired now but hopefully he will be in the Munster squad :)

yeah i was saddened by that news.. however if he's in the munster squad, then hopefully he's a player we can unlock

Can you elaborate on the big heavy players being more sucessful at busting through the tackles.

Is it a given that if you charge at someone with chabal or jerry collins you will break the tackle or is it still possible to get dumped by george gregan

yeah i was saddened by that news.. however if he's in the munster squad, then hopefully he's a player we can unlock [/b]

Yeah i was surprised he retired. I'd thought the NZ news would have talked about it. Maybe they did idk i dont watch the news on a regular basis.

Right, time to ask my questions.

1. What are the competitions or tournaments that are in the game?

2. Who are all the forward star players (I'd like to know backs as well if you would).

3. In '06, the default option for that yellow line was for it to not be there, but you could turn it on, by going into one of the in-game menu's. That same menu had the ability to turn off the stars over the impact players. Can you turn the offside line off by doing the same thing this year? Also, what if anything is different in that menu this year?

4.Does the game play faster this year, or at least some animations complete faster causing a faster feeling?

5. Are the french clubs licensed?

6.What game condition selection options can you choose? (Like Weather, half length, Wind Strength, etc)

7. With regard to that how often have you seen rain? It was about once every 15 odd games and only in some countries in '06.

8. Have you unlocked anything through the challenges? If so, what?

9. Any chance of giving the ratings for the Super 14 teams?

10. Any chance of ratings for the NH clubs?

Thanks if you get the chance to answer these ten questions.

Seeing as how this thread is going back on track, ive got a couple aswell.

1.I still want to know if we can do random pools at the world cup like last year, but still have it licenced?

2.Do the WC teams have the WC logo on their jerseys? (greeny blue white thing, maybe IRB WC or something.)

3.Can you think of any new player likenesses that you have seen. Im not sure, but looking at locksleys vid it seemed they had done a new butch james.

4. I think you said dummies are still in, but can you sell them to the ai this year. When i do a dummy the commentaor says so but the ai never seems to bite.

5. Do set plays set a little deeper this year? In 06, unless it was a scrum, 9 times out of 10 when i do a set play other than classic(i think) my number 10 just gets hammererd before he can do anything.

3.Can you think of any new player likenesses that you have seen. Im not sure, but looking at locksleys vid it seemed they had done a new butch james. [/b]

I think that if you look really closely, that the number 10 for the bos is F.Steyn. so maybe that it is what

Francois Steyn looks like in the game. thats what i got from it anyway.

Latest posts