• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 Questions thread FAQ

Yeah, esoj I do agree that what you have posted is a posibility, although I'm mostly concerned that after this long without info people have been asked to only ask questions that aren't a "chore". People have the right to be interested in whatever facet of the game they enjoy, as much as the guys have the right not to answer. I know if I had the game I would realise that I might answer a few questions that I don't like.

Despite any misconstrued opinions that might come out of my post, I do really appreciate the info thus far. Just made it clear that people who have been waiting for over a week for answers to their questions shouldn't have to change direction and beg for answers to suitable questions.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
can you select where you want offload to go?[/b]

i think i heard locksley or knowsly say something aboutt you can chose where to offload to, but dont quote me on that :) [/b]

What info do u want to know. If there are any specific questions (not player ratings or anything that is a chore to find) then ask and I am sure ur Q's will be answered.

[/b][/quote]

Actually, some of the questions that have been asked wouldn't be a chore to find. How do the members know what to ask that will fit the bill of an acceptable question?

I really don't think that false hope of an answer should be given out right now. Many members have asked questions in good faith in recent pages and it isn't fair to string them along too much further.

Right now, members must ask specific questions, (so nothing on general feelings about the game or its merits in certain areas). The shouldn't ask questions on player ratings or anything thats a chore to find? I'm not trying to be stubborn, but what exactly does that define?

I know there have been some posters that have been a little difficult to answer, but this is making things into a bit of a circus.

Lets not get people jumping through hoops. If the people who have it want to keep the info to themselves, then so be it. It's one thing to have a copy of the game and give out info, fine. Thanks for what has been said.

Thanks for what you've given guys, I mean that. Although my honest individual feelings is that Knowsleyroader and Locksley have their own reasons for not sharing anymore info at this point. These boys have been on the forum over the last week and a half and have shared nothing since the good stuff they started with.

I've only just stated my honest feelings as a moderator for the EA Rugby threads. I'm only sticking my neck out for the fans who don't know what the hecks going on.

I swear I could care less personally, I'm in my 30's now and have developed the ability to wait if I have to for a video game. Even thats only 20 odd days.

I'm not going to be a donkey chasing a dangling carrot. Constructing "suitable questions" is like making us dance like monkeys.

If Locksley and Knowsley choose to vilify me for this then please, PM people answers to their questions. I'm not saying this for myself. [/b][/quote]

As a long time member let me just say that if you are looking for a reason why people like Locks and Knowsley probably cant be stuffed posting more information on EA rugby 08, or why some founding members can't be stuffed posting period, then you can look no further than the absolute dribble posted above...........

I think you should be just thankful that Locks and Knows go out of their way to post any information on rugby 08, especially when the actual developers/publishers of the game give us virtually no information of substance prior to it's release.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>

i think i heard locksley or knowsly say something aboutt you can chose where to offload to, but dont quote me on that :) [/b]

What info do u want to know. If there are any specific questions (not player ratings or anything that is a chore to find) then ask and I am sure ur Q's will be answered.

[/b][/quote]

Actually, some of the questions that have been asked wouldn't be a chore to find. How do the members know what to ask that will fit the bill of an acceptable question?

I really don't think that false hope of an answer should be given out right now. Many members have asked questions in good faith in recent pages and it isn't fair to string them along too much further.

Right now, members must ask specific questions, (so nothing on general feelings about the game or its merits in certain areas). The shouldn't ask questions on player ratings or anything thats a chore to find? I'm not trying to be stubborn, but what exactly does that define?

I know there have been some posters that have been a little difficult to answer, but this is making things into a bit of a circus.

Lets not get people jumping through hoops. If the people who have it want to keep the info to themselves, then so be it. It's one thing to have a copy of the game and give out info, fine. Thanks for what has been said.

Thanks for what you've given guys, I mean that. Although my honest individual feelings is that Knowsleyroader and Locksley have their own reasons for not sharing anymore info at this point. These boys have been on the forum over the last week and a half and have shared nothing since the good stuff they started with.

I've only just stated my honest feelings as a moderator for the EA Rugby threads. I'm only sticking my neck out for the fans who don't know what the hecks going on.

I swear I could care less personally, I'm in my 30's now and have developed the ability to wait if I have to for a video game. Even thats only 20 odd days.

I'm not going to be a donkey chasing a dangling carrot. Constructing "suitable questions" is like making us dance like monkeys.

If Locksley and Knowsley choose to vilify me for this then please, PM people answers to their questions. I'm not saying this for myself. [/b][/quote]

As a long time member let me just say that if you are looking for a reason why people like Locks and Knowsley probably cant be stuffed posting more information on EA rugby 08, or why some founding members can't be stuffed posting period, then you can look no further than the absolute dribble posted above...........

I think you should be just thankful that Locks and Knows go out of their way to post any information on rugby 08, especially when the actual developers/publishers of the game give us virtually no information of substance prior to it's release. [/b][/quote]

That is a absolute pile of crap as per usual from you NZL Fan. I expect nothing less from you. This forum isn't all about kissing peoples behinds. I gave my honest opinion about this issue. Mine alone.

If the above is a reason for them not posting anything then what explains the previous 10 days of them appearing on board and posting nothing?

You've always been short a few marbles, there's no need to re-confirm it.

How have I stopped any founding members from posting? Explain that!

If it were up to you, we'd be sitting here two weeks after release of the game praying for answers.

I think whoever let you out should not have signed the release papers.

EA has probably kidnapped/muzzled them for sharing the info. Just wait guys it's only a month man.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

I think you should be just thankful that Locks and Knows go out of their way to post any information on rugby 08, especially when the actual developers/publishers of the game give us virtually no information of substance prior to it's release. [/b][/quote]

oh come of it NZL fan that is complete utter rubbish. locks and knowsley's info is valued but they are still members of the forum.and should be treated like anyone else. they generally only show up when new games comes out and then simply disappear again. they hold this forum to ransom everytime with their info and at times I think we are better off without it. if anything its people like you locks and knowsley that make people not want to post here.

Thanks esoj. Esoj is definitely not a member of my fan-club either and he has similar view.

It's very obviously the "don't dare say it" thing on forum at the moment.

The message is loud and clear NZL Fan "Don't bite the hand that feeds". Thats all well and good, but being asked to ask questions that "aren't a chore" to answer after some other forum members have waited patiently? I'm serious when I thanked them for whats been told but didn't like bazdevs description of what we need to do for an answer. Thats all.

I could care less if I'm told anything. The real deal of info comes when we all play it.

Whats next? I get told I'm the boy in the class who's spoiled the field trip for alllllll the rest?

Seriously guys it's only a video game, 193 people have already decided they are getting the game and it is only out in less than a month, just wait a bit man, go and camp out in front of the stores or something to keep your minds of waiting or something.

Knowsley and Locskley surely has lives too and looking at the madness being posted here if I were in their shoes I would hold info intentionally, it's like a bunch of shipwrecked pirates living off coconuts seeing proper food for the first time. FS. I wouldn't be suprised if this is the last time these blokes make the effort they did in the first place.

and it's got nothing to do with don't dare say it, it's a case of setting ridiculous demands to people over a fecking video game that you'll all have your mittens on in a couple of weeks. Grow up man

To QKXV. I'm sure my point is being missed. I'm only posting yet again, so that it can be clear. I only said with my moderator hat on that I don't think it's fair to come back on the forum and say "we want these kind of questions only". I actually have bent over backwards to make it clear I value their contribution.

I have said I'm not after answers right now. I only wanted to make the first point from this post on the "questions".

Thats all. Other things are being read in. As usual. I've got to use smilies and hugs more often so all you guys realise that I don't have a machine-gun on this side of the screen. Sheeesh!

Also, what were my ridiculous demands? I'm keen to know.

*** Final Note *** - For everyones sake I am stepping away from The Rugby Forum until at least the game is released. I have found myself side-tracked, railroaded and misconstrued by some posters and I've got better things to do with my time. There are those of you who are great and can actually read posts as they were meant. I'll catch you all later.

There are others though who like freedom of speech, but in my case it was just a little too free for your liking.

Come now CA, there's really no need to set a self imposed ban in light of my post man, sheesh do you have a gun strapped to the screen man?. For a person that proclaims himself to be misconstrued you easily misunderstand others poster seemingly just as easy. lol.

I don't want to argue with you over a little game info because I've always rated you but to say things like the forum is being held at ransom by those in the know is a bit overdramatic don't you think? If anyone here is prepared to be held hostage for the sake of some game info when said game will be played in next to no time then that's their own desperate stupidity.

As for my comment about ridiculous demands, I never said you made ridiculous demands but look at some of the quesions that demands answers and you can see for yourself why Bazdev suggested to ask specific questions and not player ratings or anything that is a chore to find. It's not a bloody machine gun he's pointing to the screen or game disc or anything is it? It's a very sensible suggestion because it takes time to start the game and look at those things and come back and post on here.

These guys probably only have the time to play a game or two and then post some stuff between their lives, why do you think they're only ever on the forum when there's a game release, unlike me and you they're not on here much for the rest of the time anyway.

The questions being asked needs to be what they will have experience of, which by the power of sheer logic we can all work out it won't be about in-depth player creating, whether Kabamba has pink hair and Hensons tan is accurate and what the hell james hook looks like or whether you can edit barbarians and what not.

So please, put your moderater hat back on, give me a hug, and moderate this thread so when these guys finally do have the time to come back here they get valid questions which they can answer and whet the appetite instead of questions most of us can answer ourselves when we play the game next month.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

That is a absolute pile of crap as per usual from you NZL Fan. I expect nothing less from you. This forum isn't all about kissing peoples behinds. I gave my honest opinion about this issue. Mine alone.

If the above is a reason for them not posting anything then what explains the previous 10 days of them appearing on board and posting nothing?

You've always been short a few marbles, there's no need to re-confirm it.

How have I stopped any founding members from posting? Explain that!

If it were up to you, we'd be sitting here two weeks after release of the game praying for answers.

I think whoever let you out should not have signed the release papers. [/b][/quote]

Touchy, obviously you are a lier who is extremely upset that Locks/Knows havn't posted new information (even though you go at pains to say you don't and hide behind the fact that you are only doing so for the benefit of others on the site - ********)........................

You are a contradicting fool who talks about "freedom of speech" but then abuses me for having an opinion that differs to your "slanted" view of life.......

Resorting to personally abusing another member (when in my previous post I only abused the rubbish you write) shows what a poor mod you are - remember (or perhaps you don't) I have also previously been a mod/admin on this site.

And esoj: I'm a little surprised by your outburst. Locks/Knows simply post here out of their own free will and no one is "held to ransom" or forced to read any information they post - that again is ********. They are responsible for more members joining this forum than anybody else (many who are 'fly by nighters' but many who stay on), so you can't say the forum would be better off without them. As I mentioned they provide 50 times more info pre-release then the actual developers of the game - they have already answered all the major questions so whats the point of getting upset over not having answers to minor questions?(especially when release is so soon).

i qusetion there material they give info without really commiting themselves to any actual fact, like politicians in a way

I believe that Locksley and Knowsly provide great information and I certainly always appreciate what they contribute to the forum. I try and respect them by not asking inane questions and I certainly do not bag them if they suddenly stop posting information or don't certain questions.

The videos that they posted on YourTube were awesome and something that they did not have to do.

This member certainly appreciates what they do and would rather stand in their corner than most other members (especially the ones that bag them).

We are lucky to get what little information they provide us (hell - EA gives us nothing) and we should be grateful for it.

Less *****ing, more appreciating.

I believe that Locksley and Knowsly provide great information and I certainly always appreciate what they contribute to the forum. I try and respect them by not asking inane questions and I certainly do not bag them if they suddenly stop posting information or don't certain questions.

The videos that they posted on YourTube were awesome and something that they did not have to do.

This member certainly appreciates what they do and would rather stand in their corner than most other members (especially the ones that bag them).

We are lucky to get what little information they provide us (hell - EA gives us nothing) and we should be grateful for it.

Less *****ing, more appreciating.

[/b]

Yup I agree this guy speaks the truth

they havnt actually provided any info in the first place about any of the new features they just use words'the gameplay is more fluid' or 'the ai is similar'

they havnt actually provided any info in the first place about any of the new features they just use words'the gameplay is more fluid' or 'the ai is similar' [/b]

Well they provided videos and answered at least 25 questions which is a damn sight more than what you can say about EA isn't it?

<div class='quotemain'> they havnt actually provided any info in the first place about any of the new features they just use words'the gameplay is more fluid' or 'the ai is similar' [/b]

Well they provided videos and answered at least 25 questions which is a damn sight more than what you can say about EA isn't it?
[/b][/quote]

I agree totally.

Some people don't realise what the've got till it's (possibly) gone..............

the questions they did answer often were often contradicting to another answer so i question whether theres any truth to what they say, its easy to play with the emotions of some of these gamers so telling them bullshit is pretty easy to get away with

the questions they did answer often were often contradicting to another answer so i question whether theres any truth to what they say, its easy to play with the emotions of some of these gamers so telling them bullshit is pretty easy to get away with [/b]
What the hell are you talking about? Are you suggesting they don't have the game, or just making up **** (which you claim they haven't even said in the first place)... You're weirding me out...

im questioning whether there material is fraudulant for some publicity for the forum, also making new members post 5 posts before viewing the games forum makes me more adamant

Latest posts