Rugby 08 Questions thread FAQ

lol

no you douche bag! frans is a fullback, wing, flyhalf

at 6'3' 100kg he would be a crap scrum half :D

lol

no you douche bag! frans is a fullback, wing, flyhalf

at 6'3' 100kg he would be a crap scrum half :D
[/b]

joost was just about that size. best scrum half youve ever had.

he was actually 6 foot and 88kg

but back on topic -

i think the player models arent all that crash hot - but from a distance (side view) they look ok

Just in case Locksley or Knowsley look in on this "Questions thread" and see the above, I thought I should mention that there have been some questions asked on the page before.

How 'bout we keep on topic now guys.

Hi,

couple of questions
  1. can you select where you want offload to go?
  2. can you chose to offload - by holding pass button into tackle say?
  3. can you start mauls in open - by standing in tackle?
  4. can you wheel scrums?
  5. can you roll mauls?
  6. does the drive through tackle move - up on the power stick actually work this time?
thanks

Pretty sure those questions have been answered. If i remeber correctly:
1. no
2. no
3. no
4. yes
5. yes
6. Yes, if you mean shoulder charge it works fine in 06. Have you played it?

Hi.. thanks for all the answers and sorry if my next questions already been covered... But is the commentary still exactly the same as 06??

Hi.. thanks for all the answers and sorry if my next questions already been covered... But is the commentary still exactly the same as 06?? [/b]

Yeh DJsmoke, its the same commetators, but from watching the video it looks like they've not changed that much in terms of what they say....i reckon they should of tried to bring Bill Mclaren out of his retirement from commentating just for this game that would of been awesome!

can you select where you want offload to go?[/b]

i think i heard locksley or knowsly say something aboutt you can chose where to offload to, but dont quote me on that :)

Yes, they said that they thought you could, but in a later post said that it was not the case and the existing system from '06 is what has been stuck with.

So, why has it been so long since we've heard from Locksley or Knowsley? It's around about 10 days since any videos and about 8 since any info has come to light. With Locksley (and Knowsley up until a few days ago) popping up regularly each day but posting nothing, it's possible that they are fed up with some of the discussions they've had on the forum. I don't know that for sure.

They may just be too busy.

To be honest we're not to know either way really. I would hope that they may explain the situation, although of course thats entirely up to them.

At the end of the day there's only 24 days to go and other reviews will become available online soon enough anyhow.

Cheers for all the info so far! I just want to ask if the ratings have changed, and people like Peel, Rokococo, Jauzion etc who were drastically under rated in the last game any better now? Cheers!

Guys i know its frustrating not getting any more info on 08, but I think we should keep things in perspective. Lets just hope nothing bad has happened.

I'm not sure where in this thread anyone has blown anything out of perspective, but thanks for the tip.

i think i heard locksley or knowsly say something aboutt you can chose where to offload to, but dont quote me on that :) [/b]

What info do u want to know. If there are any specific questions (not player ratings or anything that is a chore to find) then ask and I am sure ur Q's will be answered.

Is the game more enjoyable to play, (or better generally), than initially thought?

Are you guys still reading this thread? How long do you have the game for? Do you have to give it back?

<div class='quotemain'>

i think i heard locksley or knowsly say something aboutt you can chose where to offload to, but dont quote me on that :) [/b]

What info do u want to know. If there are any specific questions (not player ratings or anything that is a chore to find) then ask and I am sure ur Q's will be answered.

[/b][/quote]

Actually, some of the questions that have been asked wouldn't be a chore to find. How do the members know what to ask that will fit the bill of an acceptable question?

I really don't think that false hope of an answer should be given out right now. Many members have asked questions in good faith in recent pages and it isn't fair to string them along too much further.

Right now, members must ask specific questions, (so nothing on general feelings about the game or its merits in certain areas). The shouldn't ask questions on player ratings or anything thats a chore to find? I'm not trying to be stubborn, but what exactly does that define?

I know there have been some posters that have been a little difficult to answer, but this is making things into a bit of a circus.

Lets not get people jumping through hoops. If the people who have it want to keep the info to themselves, then so be it. It's one thing to have a copy of the game and give out info, fine. Thanks for what has been said.

Thanks for what you've given guys, I mean that. Although my honest individual feelings is that Knowsleyroader and Locksley have their own reasons for not sharing anymore info at this point. These boys have been on the forum over the last week and a half and have shared nothing since the good stuff they started with.

I've only just stated my honest feelings as a moderator for the EA Rugby threads. I'm only sticking my neck out for the fans who don't know what the hecks going on.

I swear I could care less personally, I'm in my 30's now and have developed the ability to wait if I have to for a video game. Even thats only 20 odd days.

I'm not going to be a donkey chasing a dangling carrot. Constructing "suitable questions" is like making us dance like monkeys.

If Locksley and Knowsley choose to vilify me for this then please, PM people answers to their questions. I'm not saying this for myself.

they proabbly are enjoying it too much or busy with their real lifes or have once again drifted off into the oblivion until the next rugby game comes out. can't blame them too much though they have provided us with a lot of info before any other source.

Latest posts