• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 Questions thread FAQ

W

woosaah

Please keep all questions for Lox and Knowlsey in here, it will make things easier for everybody.

Also please read the EA Sports Rules and Guidelines at the top of the page. you cant miss it its in red!

Questions and answers to the first 25 posts.

Answered Questions

Q - What format is the game on - EVERYONE FREAKIN ASKS THIS
A - at this stage PS2 and PC only, with MAYBE a 360 version coming out later in the year.

Q - When is the release date
A - around July 19th or 23rdish, no set date has been found to be concrete

Q - um hows the create a player? do they still look retarded? - candybum
A - Create a player seems exactly the same as last time. - knowsleyroader

Q - would like to know about the "creative scoring" and what that means - woosaah
A - Not sure if there is anything in the tutorial about creative scoring as I havent been through it yet, but as far as I can see it means absolutely nothing. - Knowsleyroader

Q - and is there still that 3D grass they were going on about in 06 or 05? - woosaah
A - 3D grass is amazing, you can actually see individual blades of grass being cut up as players run across the pitch. At one point a blade of grass was cut up as I ran, I then saw the same piece of grass right down the other end of the field blowing around in the goal area. AMAZING - Knowsleyroader

Q - Hi, I would just like to know if you can edit players stats or looks? - Jesse
A - You cant edit exising players. - Knowsleyroader

Q - Could you please provide the overall team stats of the international if possible? - DarkManX
A - Not sure without checking. Think France were 92 and England 89 off the top of my head though. - Knowsleyroader

Q - All I need to know if whether the AI has improved or not. Is the defence harder to break down on Elite and are the AI better in attack? Thanks Lox! - jimmy44
A - If anything, I actually found the AI a litle easier on elite than it feels on 06 ( to make breaks at least ), but that could just be me. The AI in attack on first impressions, maybe felt a little less structed with individuals seeming to want to make more breaks on their own, but again some of this could be having to get used to the new camera angles and missing tackles we would normally make on 06. - Knowsleyroader

Q - Can the scrum half pick the ball up from a scrum and run with it (like in JLR)? you couldn't do this simple thing in rugby 06. - funksoulbrother - note: you can do this in 06, try the sholder buttons or the face buttons on the ps2
A - You can pick up, but as with 06 on elite you dont get anywhere you just get smashed. - knowsleyroader

Not Answerd Questions
Q - whats with that defensive thing on the fly or whatever? - candybum

Q - what kind are some of the challenges in world cup mode? - woosaah

Q - and also if Kabamba floors has yellow hair - Jesse

Q - In BLIC 2007 (and 2005) World Cup and Champions Trophy were both licenced, however the quickplay matches outside of the world cup mode were not. So, I guess what I'm trying to ask is: In Rugby 08 are all the teams in the World Cup (including Portugal, Namibia, Romani) licenced throughout the game? Or is it like BLIC? - Mr. Laxative

Q - Also, are the other teams such as Russia, and Spain (if includued) licenced? And the PI and Barbarians?? - Mr. Laxative

Q - are the french teams licensed, for example stade francias and biarritz and the players also? - Jesse

Q - What is the line-up for the Guinness Premiership - i.e. are Northampton in it, or have Leeds made the cut? - SaintsFan_Webby

Q - Have the player ratings changed? Or are they virtually the same?

Q - how do lineouts work now - someone said you could have easy or hard lineouts? - funksoulbrother

Q - if ai is good at attacking - what is this new defensive set pieces thingo like? - BOKean

Q - do different teams have different defensive styles such as wasp's blitz etc - Tin Head

Q - do bristol still have a poor rating ? - Tin Head

Q - do drop goals still have a smallish range - Tin Head

Q - what are side steps and fends like in this game - Tin Head

Q - can you edit the barbarians and such without having to unlock this time - Tin Head

Q - Knowsley, you made mention in one of the info posts about the possibility of choosing which side to offload to, do you have any more info on that? - QKXV

Q - I know it's probably a little early to tell but does the AI make more use of the offloads? - QKXV

Q - Seeing as how the game has world cup 07, can you only do the 07 worldcup? or can you still do a random world cup, and if so is it still licensced? - CeeJay

Q - Are the ospreys the best welsh region, and ot is their rating. Also is James Hook any good in the game, and does he actually look like Hook, can't really tell from video - TVH11

Q - Can you pick a player out of position = In Rugby 06, there are players that can be played in varied positions (in real life), but on rugby 06, if he is classed as a winger & you move him to centre, he keeps on knocking on the ball, constantly. - gjohn85

Q - Has the dreaded French curse gone = This spoilt all tourney's done in multiplayer where someone goes France & the French players injure 5+ of the opposing players in a game. - gjohn85

for sure!

um hows the create a player? do they still look retarded?

and whats with that defensive thing on the fly or whatever?

thanx guys

i actually have a couple of questions myself for a change (normally i just read what other people ask)

i would like to know about the "creative scoring" and what that means
also what kind are some of the challenges in world cup mode.

and is there still that 3D grass they were going on about in 06 or 05 (that cracked me up, you dont need to answer that one)

Hi, I would just like to know if you can edit players stats or looks,

and also if Kabamba floors has yellow hair.

Kabamba%20Floors_large.JPG

This could be something you may not be at liberty to answer yet, but here goes...

In BLIC 2007 (and 2005) World Cup and Champions Trophy were both licenced, however the quickplay matches outside of the world cup mode were not. So, I guess what I'm trying to ask is: In Rugby 08 are all the teams in the World Cup (including Portugal, Namibia, Romani) licenced throughout the game? Or is it like BLIC?

Also, are the other teams such as Russia, and Spain (if includued) licenced? And the PI and Barbarians??

Have the player ratings changed? Or are they virtually the same?
Could you please provide the overall team stats of the international if possible?

Oh, and are the french teams licensed, for example stade francias and biarritz. And are the

players licensed aswell. :bananasperm:

KABAMBA FLOORS RULZ :devban:

I have only one question, which luckily is very simple to answer:

What is the line-up for the Guinness Premiership - i.e. are Northampton in it, or have Leeds made the cut?

for sure!

um hows the create a player? do they still look retarded?

and whats with that defensive thing on the fly or whatever?

thanx guys [/b]

Create a player seems exactly the same as last time.

Have the player ratings changed? Or are they virtually the same?
Could you please provide the overall team stats of the international if possible? [/b]

Not sure without checking. Think France were 92 and England 89 off the top of my head though.

Hi, I would just like to know if you can edit players stats or looks,

and also if Kabamba floors has yellow hair.

[/b]

You cant edit exising players.

i actually have a couple of questions myself for a change (normally i just read what other people ask)

i would like to know about the "creative scoring" and what that means
also what kind are some of the challenges in world cup mode.

and is there still that 3D grass they were going on about in 06 or 05 (that cracked me up, you dont need to answer that one) [/b]

Not sure if there is anything in the tutorial about creative scoring as I havent been through it yet, but as far as I can see it means absolutely nothing.

3D grass is amazing, you can actually see individual blades of grass being cut up as players run across the pitch. At one point a blade of grass was cut up as I ran, I then saw the same piece of grass right down the other end of the field blowing around in the goal area. AMAZING !!!!!

AI AI AI!

All I need to know if whether the AI has improved or not. Is the defence harder to break down on Elite and are the AI better in attack? Thanks Lox!

Can the scrum half pick the ball up from a scrum and run with it (like in JLR)? you couldn't do this simple thing in rugby 06.

the number 8 could pick it up but for some reason not the scrum half

how do lineouts work now - someone said you could have easy or hard lineouts?

pending an answer to the ai question...

if ai is good at attacking - what is this new defensive set pieces thingo like? is it just the same thing as 06 - (normal, wide, kick, tight) or is it real life defensive style like man, slide, rush, umbrella for each team...

dont know if if this has been asked but a few questions if you get the time to answer

1. do different teams have different defensive styles such as wasp's blitz etc
2. do bristol still have a poor rating :p?
3. do drop goals still have a smallish range
4. what are side steps and fends like in this game
5. can you edit the barbarians and such without having to unlock this time

AI AI AI!

All I need to know if whether the AI has improved or not. Is the defence harder to break down on Elite and are the AI better in attack? Thanks Lox!

[/b]

If anything, I actually found the AI a litle easier on elite than it feels on 06 ( to make breaks at least ), but that could just be me. The AI in attack on first impressions, maybe felt a little less structed with individuals seeming to want to make more breaks on their own, but again some of this could be having to get used to the new camera angles and missing tackles we would normally make on 06.

Can the scrum half pick the ball up from a scrum and run with it (like in JLR)? you couldn't do this simple thing in rugby 06.

how do lineouts work now - someone said you could have easy or hard lineouts? [/b]

You can pick up, but as with 06 on elite you dont get anywhere you just get smashed.

<div class='quotemain'> AI AI AI!

[/b]

If anything, I actually found the AI a litle easier on elite than it feels on 06 ( to make breaks at least ), but that could just be me. The AI in attack on first impressions, maybe felt a little less structed with individuals seeming to want to make more breaks on their own, but again some of this could be having to get used to the new camera angles and missing tackles we would normally make on 06.

how do lineouts work now - someone said you could have easy or hard lineouts? [/b]

You can pick up, but as with 06 on elite you dont get anywhere you just get smashed.
[/b][/quote]

But can the scrum half pick it up? Is there a button you press so only the scrum half picks up from a scrum? (not a ruck) (not the number 8 pick up from a scrum)

Knowsley, you made mention in one of the info posts about the possibility of choosing which side to offload to, do you have any more info on that?

I know it's probably a little early to tell but does the AI make more use of the offloads?

But can the scrum half pick it up? Is there a button you press so only the scrum half picks up from a scrum? (not a ruck) (not the number 8 pick up from a scrum) [/b]

on xbox for 06 its the black or white buttons

Seeing as how the game has world cup 07, can you only do the 07 worldcup? or can you still do a random world cup, and if so is it still licensced?

Latest posts