• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 Roster update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great work Ross thanks!

Do you know if anyone could update the Sharks playing kits and mini-kits?

Its very different to last years jersey.....it's all black & white again...back to the original colours of the Sharks! :)

Hey, good work but a couple of points.
I've got quite a few missing texture heads for players. Just played against the Brumbies and they had 2 or 3 (will get you the players if you need them).
I was going to check the created players section but the roster is crashing the game for me when I click on created players.
Doing it for you too?
Good work though.

@Rockstar;
Your best bet would be to ask Uli or Moloko for the kits and mini-kits or any of the other kitmaker.Unfortunately I can't make kits,otherwise I would have tried making it.

@Kirwan;
It did take alot of my spare time but I think it was worth the effort,would have been nice to update every squad but due to technical difficulties I couldn't.

@Kingwilko;
I don't have any missing textures in the game,but I aslo get that the game crashes when I go to created players in game.Tell me which players have missing textures and I'll have a look.

Does anyone else have missing textures or any other problems?Please post them so they can be looked at.

Cheers
Ross

Here are two I've noticed but there are definitely more. I could probably fix the created players crashing thing if you tell me who the created players are...

QLD - number 7
ACT - number 10

Thats strange,both of those player's faces are okay when I play.I think I only made one created player,myself!lol.
I had a look myself at the roster file with a hex editor and it looks like it places all created players at the bottem.

Cheers
Ross

Ah yes. of course. Will take a look later.
The texture problem is with certain camera angles and distances. I guess it could be graphics-card related but it wasn't happening before I started using this roster.
Is anyone else getting it?

I can confirm that when you play with teams with created players (even in the subs) it will crash if you try to skip the intro. It did it to me 3 times with leinster, and i edited the created player to real face and now it is fine, and there was also no change in the other players skintones etc.

My roster shows R.Monro as the only created player. When I change him by editing byte 94 I don't get the crash on entering the created players screen.

@ Fa'atau82 - don't quite understand what you mean. There are no created players unless the flag has been changed but the face not?

Ok, I've been doing some testing on this and am no nearer to a solution...
Take W.Olivier (centre for the Bulls). With face id 41043 his face displays fine, with the changed id of 19169 I get the texture error. Bizarrely I can't get that error by giving the face to someone else.
It's almost as if certain player models can't cope with certain face textures (although I've checked and it's not to do with scrum caps, head bands etc).
As you can see in the picture below the error happens on a certain texture zoom level suggesting that the problem could be mipmap related. The most likely solution I can think of is that the error happens when R06 faces left in the roster are assigned and they have a lower level of detail than R08 faces. Bit lost really though especially as Ross doesn't seem to be getting the error.

textureerror.jpg

Here are some players to try out for you too:
P.Luatutu - Reds
C.Lealifano - Brumbies
S.Waldrom - Hurricanes
J.Eaton - Hurricanes (texture error with long hair)
W.Olivier - Bulls

I got this when i added the roster to my PS2. My theory is that when you replace a guy with long hair/headgear for a guy with short hair you get this. lol I dont know

Oh, btw having overcome a few texture problems with the ad boards and posts I'm now storming the Super 14 with Edinburgh Gunners ;)

@ Fa'atau82 - don't quite understand what you mean. There are no created players unless the flag has been changed but the face not?[/b]

In the game you can make the the created players, but in the editor you can give them a real face, like Ronan O'Gara for example. You can also change most aspects of the appearance.

I noticed that when i went to play a game with Leinster and Bristol, when i tried to skip the intro animation, it crashes. I had edited all the players for Bristol and there was no more 'created players' in the squad, as i changed them all to real face.

I again tried to play the game. Same result, so i looked up Leinster's squad in the editor, and there was a 'created player'. I changed him to real face and i have not had the crash since.

This is the bug i am trying to explain, i have fixed it.. and as far as i know no-one in the Leinster team has been affected with changed skintones as a result.

Looking at the problem with the player's image you posted, i used to have a similar problem on 06. It was because there used to be some kind of setting for the head (not the faceID). This was to give headgear, dreads etc.. so if i didn't set Rabeni to '3' he would have the orange and green error.

I am not sure if the 08 editor has this incorporated into the headgear options.

There are two things in the hex that define a created player. There is byte 94 which tells the game whether or not the player should appear in the created players window (none of the players in this roster do) and then there are bytes 91-92 defining the face id itself. This is set to 1, 2, 3 etc when a created player is first made but we have changed it to generic faces.
The two parts have to be in agreement. You can't have a player set as a created player by byte 94 and given a generic face or a player set to non-created by 94 and given a created player face (id 1 etc).
The problem I was having was when I changed byte 94, which also controls wrist tape, is that when I set created players to 00000000 rather than 00010000 it worked fine but didn't work when a player had wrist tape and the byte was 00000100 or similar.
I'm going to take another look at this and try to figure out what exactly about that byte causes created players to crash or not crash the game.
Also I'm curious about byte 93. Maybe Woosah knows something about it but it doesn't control scrumcap, boots, tape etc and I'm yet to discover what it does control.
Will do some testing and report back ;)

Thanks for your efforts Kingwilko and Fa'atau82 to try and fix this created player crash error and other stuff!

It would be great if this can get sorted so I can continue updating the whole roster.

Cheers
Ross

Thanks for the great update Ross! :bravo:

So, in the end, sorry to ask again, how do i fit in the game a created player without making the game crash?
Is it right if i:
-create the player and save the modified roster
-open the editor and load the roster
-change the face to a real one (any? Or a specific one?) and save the roster
?
And the mini-program made by kingwilko where is needed?

(this probably was more fitting in the Editor thread...but since the subject popped up here :D )

Busko I don't know what to do yet for making the game not crash with created players.I wana find out some things from Kingwilko and maybe then we could get a fix to this problem.

Cheers
Ross

<div align="center">BREAKING NEWS </div>

Thanks to Kingwilko's CreatedPlayerEditor(and to Busko for reminding me about it :D ) I'm now able to use created players in the game without the game crashing :bana: .

So this means now I can complete my whole roster at last! :) .So people of TRF expect a complete roster update in the near future :cheers:(Lets just pray for no other bugs or errors ;) )

Pls give rep to Kingwilko for all his effort and work he has done so far in helping me and many others :bravo:

Cheers
Ross

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts