• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 video thread

That's unfortunate for you guys. This exchange rate is really helping us Aussies. $69 for the game at EB and they are always the most expensive. I expect a $55 on release at Big W. Yay! [/b]

So I went to EB a couple of weeks a go and they reckoned the release wasnt until the end of the year? what date did EB say they were releasing it here?

The release date, as of 12 minutes ago, in Australia is the 19th of July! [/b]
its been put back till the 26th in nz are you sure thats the right date in aus?

both gameplanet aus and dvdcrave have the 26th july for australia. so that confirms it for me. delayed till 26th down under

19th is still the date that I'm getting from EB games, but you can never trust them...

19th is still the date that I'm getting from EB games, but you can never trust them... [/b]
nz or aus cause i went into manners mall eb (nz) and they said 26 as did gamesman.

I work for a large retailer here in Australia and I have checked with the buyer whom deals with console games. He has told me that the game is slated for an initial price of $89.95. And he has expected the game to be in stock shortly for a release date of 26th of July. Apparently if they don't get the game within the next week it will be too late for an earlier release.

I pressed about the price and he says that there is a chance that they will lower it if other places cut the price as well. It doesn't really bother me as he is going to give me his demo copy as soon as he gets it. I am in Melbourne and he is an AFL fan and has no interest in rugby. Big win for me.

EB Games Canberra have still got it slated for a 19th July release, with a price tag of $69.95, so fingers-crossed. 26th is three days after my birthday and I don't want a bloody receipt with a pre-order stamp on it... I want the game there nicely wrapped up for me!!

hey loxley any new vids on the horizon just wondering. thanx [/b]

Why bother, the current vids say it all really. <_<

Please don't hate on me because I feel this way about the game, I've had so many disapointments from EA it's beyond a joke now, but sure some people out there will have seen the vids and will be in denial till they get it expecting more, then they'll pop it in their machine turn it on and reality will hit and all hell will break loose...

Good on EA for being so good at baiting people, they do a good job of that. :bravo:

I think some of the comments on the vids from the youtube clips seem to be on the mark. ( :%#%#: )

So what I'm saying is just expect 06 with um er updated rosters and the World Cup challenges and everything else new will be a bonus and perhaps something to get excited about?.

<div class='quotemain'> hey loxley any new vids on the horizon just wondering. thanx [/b]

Why bother, the current vids say it all really. <_<

Please don't hate on me because I feel this way about the game, I've had so many disapointments from EA it's beyond a joke now, but sure some people out there will have seen the vids and will be in denial till they get it expecting more, then they'll pop it in their machine turn it on and reality will hit and all hell will break loose...

Good on EA for being so good at baiting people, they do a good job of that. :bravo:

I think some of the comments on the vids from the youtube clips seem to be on the mark. ( :%#%#: )

So what I'm saying is just expect 06 with um er updated rosters and the World Cup challenges and everything else new will be a bonus and perhaps something to get excited about?.

[/b][/quote] because the vids haven't shown everything i get the impression they are based on an incomplete version of the game. where are the new lineout and scrum controls , there seems to be no creative scoring in this version (its metioned on the promo box but you don't see anything like that in the vids). but mostlly out of curiosity i am excited about this game even if it doesn't look a lot different and i just want as much info as i can get to hold me over till the 26th.

i understand the point about high expectations some people seem to regularly expect madden like graphics which is ridiculous but try and look at the positives and don't judge the game until it comes out.

EA imply that in creative scoring, you just need to find more and more ways of scoring, if that makes sense? thus making it all mightyly creative. I read somewhere that the defense is better near their tryline, so you have to be 'creative' to score... which is bullsheti

EA imply that in creative scoring, you just need to find more and more ways of scoring, if that makes sense? thus making it all mightyly creative. I read somewhere that the defense is better near their tryline, so you have to be 'creative' to score... which is bullsheti [/b]
wow i hope your wrong they totally give you adifferent impression on the box if your right thats kind of disapointing.

yeah same the whole term "creative scoring" is a loada bull really

EDIT: Creative Scoring â€" Scoring in single player action becomes more difficult as the action moves closer to the try line. Watch as the CPU tightens up defensively, forcing you to create more strategic ways to score. GAMESPOT

yeah same the whole term "creative scoring" is a loada bull really

EDIT: Creative Scoring â€" Scoring in single player action becomes more difficult as the action moves closer to the try line. Watch as the CPU tightens up defensively, forcing you to create more strategic ways to score. GAMESPOT [/b]
thanx for the info even though i wish i didn't know lol

better than u play the game and wonder when this "creative scoring" kicks in i suppose lol

better than u play the game and wonder when this "creative scoring" kicks in i suppose lol [/b]
tru. got anything else you should warn me about ? any information is good information. :D

Latest posts