• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 video thread

I just made an unsettling discovery; recently I was forced into playing rugby 2005 and I noted startling similarities to what locksley and knowsley have identified as being different in the upcoming 2008. For example the weighty feeling to the players, I definitely got the sense that 2005 players had a more weighty feeling and I got extremely suspicious when I realised that the forwards stand deeper off the ruck just as described for '08. Add to this the feeling that Locksley or Knowsley got while playing 08 that reminded them of '04, I would be willing to bet it is in fact reminding them of '05 and EA have done the ultimate cheap and just reverted certain parts of the gameplay to '05 and kept parts of '06 to create a "NEW" feeling when playing '08. Feel free to dust off your copies of '05 and tell me what you think.

Yes, you could be right. Sound plausible. Though lets be resonable, if it's putting back some old elements that were good but removed, then thats not a bad thing.

I know I'm always Mr Positive when it comes to these games, but lets be fair. If the old elements they put back are good, then why not? I've not heard that these were lame elements put back in so far.

I share your feeling that new stuff should go in, but the part you've said isn't too bad.

thats just sad... EA... Why?? lol

Could it be that they were tryna to improve the game, but in fact without realizing they were actually going backwards?

... as if?

Hard to say until we've played it tough. It could be that way, but how much can we be sure of yet. '06 was an adaquate improvement over '05. '08 may or may not be adaquate as an improvement over '06.

Until there's more info, more variety of people who play '08, how can we know?

I dont know if this has been said, but i've just been looking through the forums on easports about rugby08, there seems to be genuine believers that these videos are fake lol there's the odd person that mentions that blah blah the dudes from therugbyforum, hes a game tester, he's a developer lol anyway, thought i'd share this

http://forum.easports.co.uk/viewtopic.php?...asc&start=0

http://forum.easports.co.uk/viewtopic.php?...b0781c65b89f941

and someone did a bebo thingy entirely of rugby08! haha http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=4184384456

i've been looking at those ea forums too. the majourity can't see that ea have just done a cash in for world cup. so stupid, but still gonna buy the game!! woop!

who the **** keeps saying they are fake?!!

how exactly are they supposed to fake them? make their own game?

goddam retards

Yeah I agree...the set out of the interface is different and even the graphics are a bit better. It is almost impossible to fake your own game, unless you actually make the bloody thing!

what a shocker of an interview and video...
nothing worse than trying to teach a chick how to play video games

That's unfortunate for you guys. This exchange rate is really helping us Aussies. $69 for the game at EB and they are always the most expensive. I expect a $55 on release at Big W. Yay!

haha ye true... i would of thought that because of the PS3 being released that they would lower the prices like that grand theft auto was like around 50 dollars when it came out, ..i think it will be around 70? i bought 06 when it first came out from JBHIFI for $76...maybe around ther

could i possibly be wrong then about the price? i maybe read it wrong... hmmmmmmmmmm [/b]

Gamesman has it at 90 bucks with a free tshirt, complete rip off if you ask me but the fans will flock to it with arms wide open.

I read somewhere that the price for the ps2 version $120 NZD!!!! No **** and the PC version was $80. I can't remember what store it was though but thats f***ed up.

Latest posts