• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 video thread

interesting to see Wallabies have so many star players, 5 i think.

hey lox and knowsley, do the star players make an impact when controlled by the AI? any particular player(s) that you carves you up frequently.

I hated it in rugby 06 when I played against the All Blacks, dan carter would do sh*t all in the game except kick the ball. it was so easy to beat them.

one thing I had noticed from the videos is the AI kicks the ball out more frequently then in rugby 06, I guess this makes it more realistic.

Who are the new star players?

And who have they taken the star off?

[/b]
jerry collins and joe rococoko have stars. some more aussies have stars like giteau and tuquiri none of their fowards looked like they had stars.

Gregan, Larkham, Giteau, Tuqiri and Latham are all now star players. waugh was at 7 so you'd guess that george smith has been stripped of his star. Has anyone figured out who the All Blacks right winger with a star is? i know rococoko is a good guess but i didnt see a close up of him

Gregan, Larkham, Giteau, Tuqiri and Latham are all now star players. waugh was at 7 so you'd guess that george smith has been stripped of his star. Has anyone figured out who the All Blacks right winger with a star is? i know rococoko is a good guess but i didnt see a close up of him [/b]

It must be Rococoko, due to the fact he desrves one. Videos look great, good to see that the world

cup kits are in the game.

i thought he was awesome at international level last year really worries the all blacks

players out of position suddenly cant even manage to catch a ball.. the list is pretty much the same as 06.[/b]

Thats so rubbish. on 05 you could have a forward in the backline if you really wanted![/b]

I even just tried turning the knock ons right the way down and they still do it even then. Its so crap.

Heres another one for you...

Why oh why have they now added an imaginary barrier so you cant go offside unless your player is late getting back onside from a tackle? You cant actually deliberately go offisde now! I just cannot see the logic, possibly beyond making it easier for people to pick up the game who dont even know what offside is in rugby union.

So the question is what do I do now when Im playing and getting beat and just want to run straight into their line up and knock someones head off?

Total poo!

Get some discipline Knowsley lad and work your way back into it. I can sense a tournament being organised by Lox with him exiting in the 1st round :D

WOOHOOOOOOO

In multiplayer mode, classic 2 cam EXISTS!!!!! The camera switches behind the attacking team!

Why did they leave it out of the single player mode though????

Also, me and my mate played a 20 minute match on elite mode, England v S Africa. Final score 82-36. Realistic huh???

WOOHOOOOOOO

In multiplayer mode, classic 2 cam EXISTS!!!!! The camera switches behind the attacking team!

Also, me and my mate played a 20 minute match on elite mode, England v S Africa. Final score 82-36. Realistic huh??? [/b]

That just confirms it's a rushed cash in. Feckers.

Somebody has shite defence. :)

Locksley, im sorry if someone has already asked this question but can you confirm to me if Tonga Fiji & Samoa have the right kit? i assume that because they have the liscence for the 2007 world cup that they would however lookiing at one of the videos japan does not have proper jersey which makes me wonder?

Cheers Mate

of course i'm buying it. But the commentary is the same. The goal kicking's the same. The offloads are the same. The tackling animations are the same. The high tackles are still ridiculous everythin just feels identical to 06. I wonder how much the same is this game

the AI needs a big overhaul as it is much better on games these days and they need to sort out the players sliding around everywhere as that will really annoy me. the pitch seems to get very overcrowded at times with players not acting intelligently and just walking into each other ( as i said, im sure much better AI is availible in games these days)....

I dont think that theres any rugby ai just floating around and "available" waiting fo someone to just use it. AI needs to be developed. and that takes time and money, two things that HB studios will always be short on. I think we have a long wait ahead of us for ai. When they jump to next gen it will all be graphics, so maybe a year or two after that we will see some ai improvemants. And thats only if rugby dosent get canned alltogether. Im just thankful theres a new iteration coming out thats not completely stuffed like sidhe and swordfish's sequel attempts.

a mixed bag it seems. some good things but some werid changes made to the game. it seems very much like a world cup cash in with some changes for the last hurrah before going to next-gen or caning the series. I will proabbly buy it since it is world cup year and all

ceejay, r2006 can get defences to maintain a line, it can't be that hard. That said the coding for the ea rugby engine is probably a mess otherwise they probably would have done something about it (if it wasn't too hard).

Hopefully we start with a clean slate for '09.

Exactly. It probably wouldnt be a huge issue for them to fix, but it would still take time and money beyond what theyve got, and it could end up causing bugs elsewhere or even fundamentally changing the dynamics of the game, which is a good thing, but they need the time to do it properly and i dont think theyll get it for a few years, if ever.

I think 09 will be a next gen bare bones visual upgrade like most other sport games. hopefully not, but look at madden, one of the most popular sport games out and thats even sucked bad for to years on next gen. I guess we can hope fo a miracle!

WOOHOOOOOOO

Also, me and my mate played a 20 minute match on elite mode, England v S Africa. Final score 82-36. Realistic huh??? [/b]

Hello locks, is there a way to start a two player game on any mode and then switch back to one player by moving the controller over in the control screen, that way classic 2 camera can be retained for single player. I am really bumbed at not haveing classic 2. By the way how is the Jumping? :)

Cheers and Salud

Well we can probably mod '08 just like '06 so players out of position shouldn't be a problem once a new roster is released.

I think 09 will be a next gen bare bones visual upgrade like most other sport games.

It's possible we will get a new engine and if we don't we should definitely get one in '09 (I'm not sure anyone but whoever makes the dynasty warriors series could be so lazy). There's only so much they can do graphically with the current engine so you'd think they'd upgrade it for a proper xbox 360 version sometime in the next 18 months. Rugby might not be a huge market like madden or fifa but it sells well enough to actually put some effort into it.

Latest posts