• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 video thread

oh yeh i see what you meant - in 06 the player would have just dropped the ball when the tackle animation broke the kicking animation

impressed by what ive seen so far...im loving that truck camera view, perfect for open play!

Looking at that video, I can't see much differene between that an rugby 06. One last hurrah for the old game engine, I guess. [/b]

Yeah I agree with you Tah, one last hurrah, just like FIFA on current gen. consoles, hopefully build a new engine for rugby 08 (if it comes out) on next gen. B)

It bloody better work on my PS3, otherwise im forking out money for a PS2 and the game.

ahh this brings back some great memories

Where is LIONMAUL!!!!!!!

In his absense i ask:

Can you jump for the ball?

BRING IT EA........U GOT MY FUNDS AGAIN!!!

I'll trade in 06 for 08.......I MUST STICK WITH THE TIMES

IMO the HAKA looks alot better, and the tweaks, well....no comment

Hey Everybody!!!! Let's play spot the diffrence!!!! Lets see, The bars of the fingymajig has changed, stadiums, diffrent people in haka, roster changed and new cover, new angles....Im done.Can you spot the diffrence ?

ahh this brings back some great memories

Where is LIONMAUL!!!!!!!

In his absense i ask:

Can you jump for the ball?

BRING IT EA........U GOT MY FUNDS AGAIN!!!

I'll trade in 06 for 08.......I MUST STICK WITH THE TIMES

IMO the HAKA looks alot better, and the tweaks, well....no comment [/b]

Lionmaul in the hiz zouse. :) Setting back and analyzing, actually the jumping was not half bad last game. New passion would be manual rucks in which, I have not yet seen the videos but my hopes are not high.

Cheers and Salu

You could jump in 06....the only problem was the AI never jumped to contest a high ball.

you were never able to jump and get your own kick off back in 06 either - it sucked - so every kick was a deep kick off for me

you could if you aimed the kick for the centre next to the kick off taker, and made the kick as high as possible and only go 10m. It is also possible to do the same for the flanker on the other side of the kicker, but it was harder to select him to get him into position.

:yahoo: I think it looks mostly the same as Rugby 06, with a few tweaks like the camera angles which will

be a nice addition once you find your own one you like. Also it looks as though you can run around

the field a lot easier and more slick. Im so excited,cant wait until it is released. :yahoo:

Kabamba%20Floors_large.JPG

:bravo: KABAMBA FLOORS RULZ! :bravo:

you were never able to jump and get your own kick off back in 06 either - it sucked - so every kick was a deep kick off for me [/b]

you were,

if you aimed your kicked at their no.7 flanker, it was a chance of regaining it, depending on how good your flanker (the chaser) was...

or if you aimed your kickoff low'ish (low enough that computer wont jump) right on or near the side lines, traveling over the 10m line ofcourse, your winger could regain it with a jump...

my explanation was a bit off, but thats just my 5cents

Hey Lox, have you gone through the tutorial yet?. Is it the same as last years, if not what is new to do?, perhaps some new hidden gameplay features in there. Wishful thinking.....

Yep! I've done the tutorial and it's almost EXACTLY the same as last years. Nothing different at all.

Based on the video's and information given so far I really can't see the point of buying this game. I've already got rugby 06, I don't need another one! Roll on Rugby 09

you need another one so they bring out 09 - if nobody buys 08 then why will they bother

It is easier to get kicks away in this game and it doesnt seem to knock on anywhere near as much as in 06. I went for a kick as someone was charging down and I thought " crap knock on here " and I couldnt believe it when the kick was got away. So thats better to be fair.

Jumping is pap in 06. You can get it everytime from the kickoff and all you have to do to score is put a bomb up over the goal line and its a try because the AI never contest. I had to ban short kick offs and no bombs in the opponents 20m or the game was ruined really.

BTW Im almost positive that the videos were shot on pro. Lox's is a big girl and doesnt play on elite, dont know why, he mullered me last time we played. But now im stronger and better than ever. Bring it on ***** ;)

Latest posts