• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 video thread

how long :( lol

not having a go locks :D thnks mate, much appreciated!! A TRUE GENT!!

It is working now, get on it guys!!!!.

edit: only first vid works, second shouldn't be long.

awwww thats mad thanks for that. I can see that Jerry collins is a new star, but who is the winger, is it sivivatu or maybe Maa Nonu. Thanks again for putting that up

looks exactly the same to me. the stadium looks good tho. god i hate that try animation, ya know that air jordan one hand thing. who the hell does that? man ea need to get some real footy players on ther team

Initial impressions makes it look very similar to 06 but there seemed to be a few minor differences which may or may not be my imagination.
In video 1 it now appears there is a little more space around the base of the ruck which may allow a quick sniping run by your halfback.
I was also straining my eyes to see whether the defending team all leave their positions to chase the ball carrier, while they obviously still do this I think it wasn't quite as bad as it is in 06, though this is probably wishful thinking.
I was also looking for the new camera angle on kicks but didn't notice anything, it must mean for kicks at goal as kicks in play seem to function identically.

stadiums look flash lol

IMO i think the graphics has gone down a notch, maybe because it's u-tube.

Thanks locksley. Watched both, looks like AI and animations are all the same. The first camera angle u played on looked good, sort of close behind. Didnt look 2d like the 06 behind view. second camera was awful.

the man, the legend. ta lox.

why is mccaw STILL in head gear, socks down?!!! hes on the cover, playing and NOT wearing one for gods sake!

looks interesting.

Thats just further evidience that they havent Changed anything but rosters and player ratings.

Thanks locksley for that.. awesome!

So it worries me for a couple of reasons:

first of all, there appear to be far too many star players right there...
second of all, how on earth are gareth thomas and gavin henson star players?

anyone agree?

Having said that, i dont care how shiza it appears to be, i will buy it and love it

thanx, looks like they did f*** all except improve the look of the stadiums. Plus theres a shitload of stars. Im still buying it.

thanx, looks like they did f*** all except improve the look of the stadiums. Plus theres a shitload of stars. Im still buying it. [/b]

It is a cash in. There is absolutely no doubt about that, they have not taken anything to the next level. Not having played the PC version I dont know, but I could definately see some people prefering 06 on xbox / pc to 08 on PS2.

That's fair enough I suppose. Let's be honest even if it is cash-in there are plenty of people out there that will be willing to make the purchase, myself included. EA are always out to make cash-ins. FIFA and Madden (apart from very recently with the next-gen) have seen very few changes in recent years. I'd say that, that is very much the same with NBA, correct?

Also, I find it hard to believe that hb-studios have had sufficient time to make many more improvements. Let's be honest, they have made Madden wii and UEFA Champions League in the past year, as well as Cricket 07... it seems impossible for them to have got much work done. Although, I do like the look of these new camera angles and classic matches.

I have once again fallen in to the immence power of EA and will of course buy this game!

Latest posts