• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 09 wishlist

1. Custom lineouts - what if i dont want a full line out? maybe i want a 5 or god forbid a 2 man lineout! I should be able to do it, i mean if its in the game, it should be in the game right?

2. Custom set plays. the basic ones are lovely, but i want to put in my own. This would be especially good in combination with custom lineouts.

3. Different set moves from scrums - i.e. 89 plays and all of the lovely variations.

4. Mauls in open play.

5. quick 22-drop outs

6. bring back the drop goal kicking from 06

Gameplay (most important):

lineout options in 04 took too long to choose imo, so although nice, it improved the gameplay. It would be nice to be able to choose whether to catch or tap down from any jumping position (rather than front jumper mauls, middle jumper taps and back jumper runs).

Make the game harder

Old drop kick style

Improve the lower teams kickers and backup kickers

make turnovers more realistic (e.g. massive tackle behind the gain line, or 3 defenders nearby on isolated attacker). less turnovers after a linebreak.

improve the defensive line setup, and cover defence runners

correct rules

Presentation stuff:

Up to date rosters.

Realistic attributes

include french teams

have magners and top14 competitions

Decent Roster editor

Decent player editor

Better season mode

i know you guys have repeatedly said what's missing/needed to be improved for a 09 or '10 version but heres thinking outside the box lol

what if they implimented a feature where at half time, there would be options where you could choose to enhance your team play, or fix up weaknesses which were presented in the 1st half of play. Like, say you noticed that your opposition win ruck after ruck/they steal the ball from your ruck too often, and at half time, there would be options to make your team perform better at retaining ball etc at the 2nd half. But when you do choose to fix/enhance something, other certain areas may grow weaker. e.g. you choose to fix up the 'retainage' of possession at the tackle by commiting numbers to the ruck therefore you have less players in the backline so you dont have overlaps and hard it harder to find/or go through gaps in the opp. d. This feature would be a little bit like fight night i guess where you have something to do between halfs/rounds. Of course the possibilities of what to improve/enhance doesnt end at retention of ball. things like miss tackles, gap in you D, etc etc... could be implemented in this mini mode.

Year after year it's the usual things we want to see improvements in but EA never give us them all. Call me cynical but it's they just give us bits and pieces year after year so we keep buy the new game every year.

But, I'd definatley like to see:

Magners League
Top 14
Fully Licenced H Cup
More licensed national sides
custom tournament/leagues etc

More sophisticated lineout control and moves
Back row scrum moves
Turnover needs to be looked at, should be whoever has most players near the ruck for turn over or something like that
More rules
perhaps using a TMO sometimes?

If all of these things were included it's be a pretty good game but we know fine well we'll get at best one or two of them...

Yes like they improve something (usually very minor) and then unimprove something else (ala the advantage rule, minus 10 nations, heaps of unlicensed players, ill stop now). Never a complete game.

Most important to me is that they fix up gameplay first like all the bugs, glitches etc.

Secondly it'll be good if they could get all the proper stats, names and commentary names.

Than after getting all this right than maybe think about online play.

Do what Ruby League 2 did with the passing how you hold a button down which lets you to do a cut-out pass to any player on that side.

Also a better structured World League would be good, with better recruiting system, and get rid of default players, or at least let us choose to use real players.

The ability for players to grow/ change their stats. I am sick of strettle and easter being stuck with the **** stats they programed the game with.

"ability to change player info, equipment and attributes"

that would be the most important thing in my opinion.
i'm sick and tired of being unable to correct the pathetic rosters and player rankings of the game

"ability to change player info, equipment and attributes"

that would be the most important thing in my opinion.
i'm sick and tired of being unable to correct the pathetic rosters and player rankings of the game [/b]
You can change the rosters both in game and with woosaahs editior. Also, you can change the rankings as well i think. Go to the downloads section and check it out.

The main thing is make the game harder.

Perhaps some smaller things might help like getting rid of the dive where he seems to 'slam-dunk' it over the try line.

Also, a couple more tournaments like top 14 and Air New Zealand Cup, especially Air New Zealand Cup.

Fully agree with the points on with a world league where you can pick your world league team. Perhaps somehow base it on This site, testrugby where you would start with an amount of money, and purchase players (Testrugby is fantasy tipping, like foxsports but with money and is 100,000 times better than foxsports). This gives you options as to buy an all-round team or Dan Carter with a bunch of retards. Also, with the game harder, world league will be awsome fun!

Also agree with the TMO idea.

Perhaps we could do something, because the EA people will never, ever, ever go out of their way to look at this site, so we could e-mail them heaps or what else could we do? If not we will end up with a dodgy game which we pay good money for and yet again, will be disapointed

They have the foundations of a great game. But...

1. I MUST HAVE SPENT HOURS EDITING THE SQUADS AND PLAYERS. Please, EA, save me this trouble. Can we have players with correct positions, nationalities, skin colours and stats? Since when was Topsy Ojo ever Samoan? Since when was Lewis Moody a centre? Since when was Daniel (S)Herbert ever black? Since when was Carlos Spencer that good/ Ma'a Nonu that wack?

2. I don't want a player to be diving for the corner, get tackled and then he suddenly manages to come out of his dive and stumbles out of play.

3. Scrums are ****. Maybe I don't do them right, but it seems that the team going forward ALWAYS gets the shove on.

4. Lineouts need to be made easier for the side throwing in to win.

5. Moves should be selected in a form of pause menu. They always take so long to chose that most of the time the balls been pinched out the ruck by the opposition before I have a chance to do the move.

6. Drop goals should go back to how they were in 06. These ones are almost impossible to do unless your kicker's Wilkinson.

7. A BETTER AND MORE INTELLIGENT AI. PLEASE. I SHOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO PUT 50 ON THE ALLBLACKS IN 10 MINS.

As for the rest as far as more leauges are and so on, it's not important to me; I can handle it. However I would like to see a French & Magner's league option and the teams to go with it. I'd like to see all the teams properly licensed so I don't have to trawl these forums for kit mods.

This is most certainly a "wish list" I think we will have to keep wishing.

I don't mind the game how it is, even with the screwed up rosters and the awful bugs. The thing that gets on my ***s the most is the world league. I have never had the opportunity to manage Leinster in the world league, I realize that life isn't like Fifa where the Manager picks the team, but I want to be able to manage my favorite team. I also hate the first season, a team fill of made up players and if I decide to manage a team like Ulster I send all there Decent players into exile.

I think the world league has to become more of a manager mode, I don't know the cup formate down south but for Northern Hemisphere it should be like Fifa. You choose a team and play week in week out Celtic League Matches. Then have the cup matches like Heineken cup and Celtic Cup (Parker Pen Trophy for those lower teams).

Realistic Staff (like fifa) Backs Coach, Forwards Coach, Medical, Stadium, Scout, which you can upgrade to different Lvl's 1-10.

Option to Simulate Matches.

Better Transfers with Negotiable contracts.

Player Growth.

Youth Players coming up.

People who have played Fifa will know exactly what I want for rugby, I think the European tournament format is similar enough for rugby and football. They both have 1 major league, 1 major cup and 1 domestic cup. Not sure about down south.

forgive me if i repeat anyones comments. cant b arsed reading the whole thing.

domestic tournaments would be cool.

use of the hit stick to control better like maddens

make it so the ball actually acts like a rugby ball
better refereeing

franchise mode with in depth squads/training/management.
following on from that, having the domestic comps would mean you could pick your super 14 teams from the that in franchise.

and get rid of ten nations and be able to set up or play tours or series your self. '

mark

People who have played Fifa will know exactly what I want for rugby, I think the European tournament format is similar enough for rugby and football. They both have 1 major league, 1 major cup and 1 domestic cup. Not sure about down south. [/quote]

down here in nz we have the domestic comp. and from that players are selected into the super 14 teams that cover each region. so each s14 team has about 3 domestic regions to choose from. e.g The blues have Auckland, north harbour and northland
cheifs have counties manukau & waikato

Right I think its Similar enough in Ireland where we have a Domestic league containing all the clubs, the best players are then taken in to form Province teams (Munster, Leinster, Ulster, Connacht).

However what I want to know is what Competitions do the Blue's play in apart from the Super 14.

In Europe there would be 3 for Celtic Nations. Is there a Knockout cup that runs alongside the Guinness Premiership or Frances..... thing.

On R06 you have ten nations, that can be converted very easily to magners league, or super10..

On R08 they ditched ten nations and so now you cant have magners league. It's sucks.

The game is fine it just needs tweaking, and it needs so much more in terms of a season mode, where you can play any comp and have to play cup games. So, for the GP/ML/Top14 you'd have heineken cup or ECC plus, EDF Cup etc. These comps would be included in a domestic season. If that happened, it'd be a much better improvement.

At the moment it is a game for one player only to solve in a short space of time. R08/09 needs to be 'fifa-ised'.

I agree.AI AI and AI again.This is the most important fix that I am hoping for.Really playing this game with Japan and hammering The AB's in 10 minutes to a 40 -50 point win is really not on.Please the average age of gamers are not 5 and we need better AI.

Also a must is LAN play.Another rugby game without LAN play will be a tragedy and a slap in our gamers face.

:bravo:

They have the foundations of a great game. But...

1. I MUST HAVE SPENT HOURS EDITING THE SQUADS AND PLAYERS. Please, EA, save me this trouble. Can we have players with correct positions, nationalities, skin colours and stats? Since when was Topsy Ojo ever Samoan? Since when was Lewis Moody a centre? Since when was Daniel (S)Herbert ever black? Since when was Carlos Spencer that good/ Ma'a Nonu that wack?

2. I don't want a player to be diving for the corner, get tackled and then he suddenly manages to come out of his dive and stumbles out of play.

3. Scrums are ****. Maybe I don't do them right, but it seems that the team going forward ALWAYS gets the shove on.

4. Lineouts need to be made easier for the side throwing in to win.

5. Moves should be selected in a form of pause menu. They always take so long to chose that most of the time the balls been pinched out the ruck by the opposition before I have a chance to do the move.

6. Drop goals should go back to how they were in 06. These ones are almost impossible to do unless your kicker's Wilkinson.

7. A BETTER AND MORE INTELLIGENT AI. PLEASE. I SHOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO PUT 50 ON THE ALLBLACKS IN 10 MINS.

As for the rest as far as more leauges are and so on, it's not important to me; I can handle it. However I would like to see a French & Magner's league option and the teams to go with it. I'd like to see all the teams properly licensed so I don't have to trawl these forums for kit mods. [/b]

I personally struggle to identify the problem with the Ai, is it the lack of rush defense ?

Man marking should be made better, its too easy to generate an overlap, so it needs drift defense. The offensive Ai is better, but I seem to spend all day getting bombarded with kicks, teams should have metalities you can set like in Fifa. Territory, Tight and Loose. Territory is constant kicking, tight is held in the forwards and loose is played through the hands.

Defense should be rush especially now that backlines have to stand 5 meters off the gain line in scrum defense, at least sometimes, but maybe that should change depending on where the play is happening. For example teams are more likely to rush if they have lost 5 meters out, but are more likely to drift at midway.

Anyway I don't think EA are up to it, codemasters should do it again, Jonah Lomu was an excellent game.

In order not to repit what was said (I agree all things said) I would like see new (and better) stats......tackles, meters run, kicks into the box, kicks to line out, carries........by player.

Latest posts