• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 09 wishlist

Someone important that (every one loved) was part of EA staff should fake his death. His mother should then announce this in a sobbing voice "His last words were: I wish EA games would make the greatest rugby game in the world, Or at least make one that didnt suck ass" Then everyone including the programers will cry and recode the entire game and start from scratch. Then It will have online capability, be more realistic, the graphics and physics would be life like and the AI would realistic. Oh yeah and someone would actually make a decent roster for once. Then in the intro of the game it will say "this game was dedicated to the important dude that everyone loved, We couldnt do it without you dieing. Because if you didnt we wouldnt give a rats ass about this rugby game and we would have added some minor changes that no one have noticed R.I.P"
Well that is my idea.

Someone important that (every one loved) was part of EA staff should fake his death. His mother should then announce this in a sobbing voice "His last words were: I wish EA games would make the greatest rugby game in the world, Or at least make one that didnt suck ass" Then everyone including the programers will cry and recode the entire game and start from scratch. Then It will have online capability, be more realistic, the graphics and physics would be life like and the AI would realistic. Oh yeah and someone would actually make a decent roster for once. Then in the intro of the game it will say "this game was dedicated to the important dude that everyone loved, We couldnt do it without you dieing. Because if you didnt we wouldnt give a rats ass about this rugby game and we would have added some minor changes that no one have noticed R.I.P"
Well that is my idea.
[/b]
If that person were to fake his death, and EA were to find out, then they'd more than likely add HIM as a bonus feature in the game (as the fastest, strongest and best player in the game for one of the lesser teams such as Fiji (no they're not lesser, but EA have never heard of them so who am I to judge?) in memory of him. :rolleyes:

Well if they found out he would be in so much shock that he would choke on his vege hotdog and die for real. He (or a very masuline she) was vegeterian which explains why he was crazy enough to think of a stupid idea that would serve him no purpose and benefit EA rugby gamers around the world. Oh yeah his face would be photoshopped onto matt dunnings head and it would be the 09 (The next one is coming out in 2043) cover.

Well not even looking at all the aesthetics, the game is just a complete mess at the moment.

A new engine preferably- not really going to happen with EA, why would they bother with the money? Anyway; the rules being the same as rugby would be good. Rucks are the biggest part of the game, there should be a control for challenging the ball eg. sqaure grabs for the ball when a carrier is tackled, use the L3 button to try and rip it away or something. Forward passes aren't allowed, you cannot knock it on with your feet, advantage that makes some kind of sense.etc.

Stats that do something would be nice as well, not meaning the attributes necessarily, but you can be a 20 stone prop and get mullered by a scrum-half .

Totally agree with all the comments made.

The biggest improvement needed is the AI. They're just so darn stupid at times. Whenever you get a line break and your running towards the line, the whole damn team chases after you and once you score the try everyone runs around not knowing what the hell to do.

And yes, Scrums and lineouts are so damn boring. We need to be able to mix it up and create out own set pieces.

EA could make a fantastic Rugby game if they really tried.

And FFS EA, give us a game that doesn't crash when a player doesn't get injured!!!

Was just reading the drop goals thread (don't know why, I haven't played the game in months) and was thinking... How about whenever a player with the ball (or at least a player rated as a good kicker) is deemed by the game to be within his personal range of the posts, a little picture of some goalposts appear in the corner, next to his stamina bar etc...

Would be good, so you can judge whether or not the player is competent to kick from a certain distance...

Of course, the game would have to be made good enough so that it could actually be worthwhile going for a droppie, rather than scoring an easy try.

The game just needs more control over key parts of the game, like rucks.. at the moment your players arrive and stand there, it's just animation, there is no way to actually win one i find, even if your halfback arrives a little late, you lose the ball even though it's clearly on your side and there are few opponents there to contest the breakdown.

I like EA rugby because it can be modded, but it is labour intensive to mod compared to some other games.

The game has no polish or gloss, but no real guts either.

Imagine if Konami made a Pro Evo Rugby. What a beautiful game that could be. EA games never look realistic in the player animations, like Fifa for example.

Here is what it could look like.. ignore Ronaldo, of course!
http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/4480/proevorugbysd5.jpg

A new ruck animation. The one where players just lie on the ball is ridiculous!

The thing that mostly gets to me about Rugby 08 is the when the ref blows the whistle straight away for a head high instead of letting the advantage play out. I've had countless times when I could of got a runaway try just to get called back by the ref. Ea need to fix the gameplay 1st and foremost because it can become very frustrating when you know somethings on but because of a glitch you can't pull it off.

So Ea please if you ever release another Rugby game make sure you've got the gameplay and rules sussed before bringing it out. Whats always done my head in is why don't Ea get kids of the street or from schools to test their games out to get a bit of feedback before releasing a game. If I was making a game I'd get heaps of kids to test it out so I know whats not working and what is.

The problem is obviously money.

I say, why doesn't EA find a sugar daddy, who maybe doesn't have enough to buy a club but will pump in dough to fund the videogame being as good as any FIFA.

Wishful thinking but it's a plan...

I have a feeling their release a new version to coincide with the Lions tour with very minimal changes. The main feature id guess is guide your Lions team to victory blah blah with challenge mode famous Lions matches

Create the Liberty Stadium instead of the Gnoll, or 'West Glamorgan' for Neath-Swansea... Or should that be the Ospreys?
I'm sure this is a big priority for everyone, yes??! ;)

Really the most important thing is to get the basics right. I can't believe people are wanting little nonsense-editions like new teams or better graphics when the game dynamics are so laughable.

The ruck is the most important part of any rugby match and it's an absolute joke in this game. The players stand around doing nothing and then only join the ruck once the ball has been turned over! And when one team secures the ball at the ruck they do it by diving over the ball. It's not only unrealistic, but totally illegal! You can't lay on the ball, but they do it in every single ruck in this game.

And the only way they seem to make the AI harder is to make the user's players hang around the ruck longer before joining it so they lose possession after only one or two phases! It's incredibley frustrating and completely ruins the game for me.

Minor points are the things like the scrums and mauls which could be much, much better. Does having dominant scrummaging props actually make any difference? It seems to me like as long as you hook the ball back quickly, you will push their scrum back a certain, pre-defined distance, no matter what. No option to keep the drive on or anything!

So

1. COMPLETE overhaul of rucking system
2. New/modified maul/scrum system.
...daylight...
3. new graphics, teams, whatever, bells'n'whistles

As they've done with the All Blacks' haka, they could put the war dances of Fiji, Samoa and Tonga before matchs.
And make the representative teams editables since the beginning of the game.

Tackling needs to be fluent; not that crappy repetitive stuff. Also, the celebrations after try-scoring and end of matches should be in-game stuff, not recorded clips, so that the game should be more intuitive. I know this stuff isn't reall necessary, but it's a good idea methinks since everyone knows that the AI + roster needs a good updating. A better range of celebrations would be nice aswell; rather than the 'fists aloft' one that occurs most of the time.

Latest posts