• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby '15 announced

I think it looks cool. Only horrible aspect is the lack of any close ups whatsoever... It gives it a very low budget mini-game type of feel. But the gameplay looks solid enough with some good variety. I'll enjoy it. It's rugby.

i agree looks sick! The offloading excites me especially with those flat running lines;)

same-old-complaints.jpg

haha this is so true thats all jmmontoro does!

Looks fun. Obviously its not the next gen all sing and dancing game we all dream off but there was enough there to make me excited. Think in the vids the player wasn't using the pass buttons correctly, hopefully not all passes will be flat and or loopy.

Yes I got an email saying dispatched too. Bought it on eBay from France.

French seller with 99% positive feedback

What's the sellers name? I can only see one french seller quoting that soon timescales called 'espace3games'?

It's slightly concerning buying something in another language.. Knowing my luck it will probably say just the case in the description or something!!

In regards to the videos - there's enough in there to keep me happy for 12 months. I'm not bothered about the close ups as this game won't have the quality graphics to really care. The passes looked a bit silly but hopefully that's controllable by the way you play. But all in all its looking much better than I was expecting!

Pretty dissapointed by those videos. Looks like there will be a bit of blind kicking going on by the looks of that box kick that went out on the full. Enough has been said about the rucks so i wont go there. The passing looks horrible at times, lets hope its just the way it is getting played. To me, the flow of the game is just far too fast, look at how they run when the ball is flung out the backline, and how the players off the ball run around, looks like theyre all jacked up on meth or something.

We've got to be honest with ourselves here. No online, no career mode, no close ups or replays, fark all licenses and pretty poor graphics considering its almost 2015. And i know people will say 'but its a rugby game' and i understand but it really is pretty disrespectful to rugby gamers when you think about it. Cant see myself buying this at all, will wait to hear some peoples reviews and possibly hire from the local video store for a weekend.

Last edited:
i don't understand how they miss this :/...in scrum time when it's your feed your time must always be to your right so if you throw in your team can't be on your left, then you must go and stand on the other side
and there is no numbers on the field to tell you if your in 22 or 50 metre line :/
i see there will atleast be dummy runners :D

Last edited:
Pretty dissapointed by those videos. Looks like there will be a bit of blind kicking going on by the looks of that box kick that went out on the full. Enough has been said about the rucks so i wont go there. The passing looks horrible at times, lets hope its just the way it is getting played. To me, the flow of the game is just far too fast, look at how they run when the ball is flung out the backline, and how the players off the ball run around, looks like theyre all jacked up on meth or something.

We've got to be honest with ourselves here. No online, no career mode, no close ups or replays, fark all licenses and pretty poor graphics considering its almost 2015. And i know people will say 'but its a rugby game' and i understand but it really is pretty disrespectful to rugby gamers when you think about it. Cant see myself buying this at all, will wait to hear some peoples reviews and possibly hire from the local video store for a weekend.
most of the people here where talking about a slow the rucking will be so be glad the game is fast

most of the people here where talking about a slow the rucking will be so be glad the game is fast

Thats the thing though, the rucking is very slow and then the ball comes out and it seems like the game is in fast forward till the next ruck lol just doesn't look realistic to me.

Here's my hypothesis: HB could've added all of the missing features (including ALL of the licenses) if they wanted to, but they tried to keep the budget to an absolute minimum. They are assuring themselves of a profit no matter what. I think they probably have small features like replays and online ready for the next installment, but they'll only add it on when the next game releases, that way we'll all be very happy with how the game has improved but the core gameplay, I'm sure of it, will stay the same. Rugby 15 is basically just a quick cash-in to showcase the gameplay of future, much improved, rugby games.

Rugby 15 is not the full game HB Studios are developing unfortunately, it's probably a game that has gone halfway through development and is now being sold to help fund for further development of the full game.

I'm pretty sure this is their thought process.

With that said, I'm happy to support it since the gameplay looks like a lot of fun.

Here's my hypothesis: HB could've added all of the missing features (including ALL of the licenses) if they wanted to, but they tried to keep the budget to an absolute minimum. They are assuring themselves of a profit no matter what. I think they probably have small features like replays and online ready for the next installment, but they'll only add it on when the next game releases, that way we'll all be very happy with how the game has improved but the core gameplay, I'm sure of it, will stay the same. Rugby 15 is basically just a quick cash-in to showcase the gameplay of future, much improved, rugby games.

Rugby 15 is not the full game HB Studios are developing unfortunately, it's probably a game that has gone halfway through development and is now being sold to help fund for further development of the full game.

I'm pretty sure this is their thought process.

With that said, I'm happy to support it since the gameplay looks like a lot of fun.
absolutly agree with everything you said there Giteau, you have an absolute good point about the budget

absolutly agree with everything you said there Giteau, you have an absolute good point about the budget

sounds about right, wouldnt be surprised if that is the case... all i want is a rugby game that is enjoyable, has that long lasting feel to it..

would love for SH licensing (dont really care about NH teams) and the CURRIE CUP but i guess thats wishful thinking, even in future releases...

ONE more thing that i got bothered by in the gameplay videos is that when the ball went loss(say from a pass) it had no bounce :/ it just fell and laid there until someone picked it up like *wtf*

ONE more thing that i got bothered by in the gameplay videos is that when the ball went loss(say from a pass) it had no bounce :/ it just fell and laid there until someone picked it up like *wtf*

I have just compared the gameplay video of Rugby 15 with RC2. I am seriously thinking of cancelling my pre-order. I have just realised that RC2 is miles ahead.

I have just compared the gameplay video of Rugby 15 with RC2. I am seriously thinking of cancelling my pre-order. I have just realised that RC2 is miles ahead.
yeah i still play it day in and day out
it's the best rugby game we've got...when you install the awsome mods from the rugby-game.com
and with the awesome sliders
but i will still anyway be getting RUGBY 15 no doubt

yeah i still play it day in and day out
it's the best rugby game we've got...when you install the awsome mods from the rugby-game.com
and with the awesome sliders
but i will still anyway be getting RUGBY 15 no doubt

Thank you to our community ;)

is the site rugby-game.com only in French??

sorry if someone asked this already...