• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby '15 announced

Just watching the livestream and it really really does look terrible.
Rucking is a mess - ball got presented, three oposition come in on the ruck, stay there, a few seconds later three attackers come in and get in the ruck then the 9 picks it up.
The whole rucking in general is so so slow. The passing looks atrocious, the ball isn't even going out of the hands the right way, he'll go to pass as if the guy's behind him and it'll fly to the reciever in a different direction.

HB Studios have ****ed up by staggering release - I would've pre-ordered this if it was out in the UK the same time as France, but now I won't be buying it at all.

I don't understand how some of things that worked fine in 08 and 11 have suddenly been completely messed up. Also looks like no set piece moves.

Just watching the livestream and it really really does look terrible.
Rucking is a mess - ball got presented, three oposition come in on the ruck, stay there, a few seconds later three attackers come in and get in the ruck then the 9 picks it up.
The whole rucking in general is so so slow. The passing looks atrocious, the ball isn't even going out of the hands the right way, he'll go to pass as if the guy's behind him and it'll fly to the reciever in a different direction.

HB Studios have ****ed up by staggering release - I would've pre-ordered this if it was out in the UK the same time as France, but now I won't be buying it at all.

The rucking for me is pretty quick. I manage to get the ball back very quickly. But as you mentioned it's everything else. The kicking is rubbish the passing is worst than RC2.
Game feels rushed . Loads of bugs. Animation is all wrong. There is a reason why there are no proper gameplay promotion of this game.

It might be bad enough to kill its own sequel.

I wouldn't buy a sequel from them. First they gave us a very bad RWC game which was clearly trying to cash in on the world cup hype. They have done the same again but it's worst now.

Wow, seriously?

How can they produce a game so limited, and ****ty looking, and then charge £50 for it =/

To be fair, stadiums are basically the least important thing in the game. Matches could be played on a plain grass field and I'd be ok with that. I'd much rather they spent time on gameplay/adding teams etc.

omfg thats just terrible, what are HB Studios thinking releasing this?, they say the gameplay is the highlight and even that looks like dog ****, but even if you are focusing on one component , that does not mean you should ignore other major features , such as STADIUMS, i mean having one stadium in a game is just god damn ridiculous

omfg thats just terrible, what are HB Studios thinking releasing this?, they say the gameplay is the highlight and even that looks like dog ****, but even if you are focusing on one component , that does not mean you should ignore other major features , such as STADIUMS, i mean having one stadium in a game is just god damn ridiculous

But the gameplay is very bad too. I've played it for 2 hours. My copy is already sitting on eBay. Hope someone buys it soon. I have a feeling there be loads of copies out there when people start to realise is crap.

Getting this tomorrow I'd imagine. Surely it can't be that bad? :( hoe can they start from a solid base like rugby 08 and make a total ass of it from there?

Well this has killed my hype for my copy (which I think should come tomorrow), but better to know now than to get into the first game with hopes up and be disappointed I guess.

Everybody has there own opinions and standards but I have a feeling 99% of people are going to hate this. RWC game was much better then this. I'm gutted because I really wanted it to be good or at least better than RWC. It's not.

The menus are very cool. Best part of the game. I'm trying to look for positives.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everybody has there own opinions and standards but I have a feeling 99% of people are going to hate this. RWC game was much better then this. I'm gutted because I really wanted it to be good or at least better than RWC. It's not.

The menus are very cool. Best part of the game. I'm trying to look for positives.

Lol, in your earlier posts you said you "are liking it" and "it's better than RWC2011" now you say it's "the worst Rugby game ever" and it's not better than RWC2011...

I guess your original opinion came from the excitement of finally play a new Rugby game :rolleyes:

Mine has arrived, hopefully going to play it in the next hour or so, will give another opinion.

Lol, in your earlier posts you said you "are liking it" and "it's better than RWC2011" now you say it's "the worst Rugby game ever" and it's not better than RWC2011...

I guess your original opinion came from the excitement of finally play a new Rugby game :rolleyes:

Correct. That was after 2 games. Getting use to controls and gameplay. But then the more I played the more I started to hate it. Loads of bugs. 2 player mode is unplayable. I'm sure you guys will find out soon enough. Give it a game or two.