• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2005 Multimedia

Knowsleyroader.... my old partner in crime! How are you me owld mucker???? Looks like the old locksley/knowsleyroader partnership may be needed in a couple of weeks....

U would think so m8.. u woudl think so
<

Originally posted by locksley@Jan 9 2005, 08:50 AM
Could it be the fact that some EA people have been scouring this forum, and are annoyed that the eagle eyed rugby fans on here have pointed out loads of mistakes?
That could be true, I think ages ago they were here, but didn't come out as EA, it was when someone posted and their IP was tracked to EA that we found out they were here. And I don't know about other people but I've sent many emails to various EA/HB places that appear to have been delivered but never replied to.

They probably did take them down because they were so embarrased about having 11 players for each team on the field in that lineup video.
<

After looking around, found a couple of partially interesting things...
First one is basically a reworded announcement, with lots of good old puns...
Originally posted by http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?page=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php(que)id=113662
EA has announced that Rugby 2005 is heading between the posts on PS2, Xbox and PC, and we've got a maul of screens to prove it.

Rugby 2005 will be the fourth instalment in a series that has so far failed to live up to the quality of some of EA's other sporting franchises. This year looks like it could be different though: EA's own Canada Studios is now on development duty after Rugby 2004 disappointed and on the surface the game looks far more attractive and realistic.

Indeed, the graphical engine has been totally overhauled to allow for more fluid player animations and let recognisable individual likenesses emerge. Backing up this new visual clarity is the usual slew of EA licensing, with "all the major Rugby teams, players, and tournaments, including the Tri-Nations, Super 12 and many more authentic and prestigious events from the world of Rugby," promised.

Other features include accurately modelled stadiums with crowds that react realistically to the action and chant sampled songs, and the good old right analogue stick tweaking system to let you dummy past hapless defenders or smack that little fly half right out of his shorts.

Here's hoping Rugby 2005 lives up to the quality of EA's NBA and NFL franchises - it's about time we had a decent game of rugger to get our teeth into.

Rugby 2005 kicks off in March on PS2, Xbox and PC.
Second thing is something that agains indicates the possibility of online play...
Originally posted by http://www.3dgamers.com/games/rugby2005/
Multiplay:  Internet / local network

My site is back up btw, hopefully it doesn't go down again :/ updated with the new stuff

man this looks stupid how they run past the ball full speed and aint even looking at the ball

nailed.jpg

Originally posted by neh@Jan 9 2005, 01:02 PM
man this looks stupid how they run past the ball full speed and aint even looking at the ball

nailed.jpg
Yeah, i was wondering how he got tackled at first...

Originally posted by neh@Jan 9 2005, 01:46 PM
i know does he run into sum guys back and bounce off?
Nah, that guy running forward gives him a coat hanger

I thought the second video was a lot more encouraging than the first. There's a grat looking sidestep by an england winger, a great broken tackle by an aussie, and a great offload just before a tackle. Generally the hits look varied and convincing although the frenchman's clothsline is a bit worrying... maybe he got binned afterwards? Still concerned by a lack of open play footage though! Maybe we'll get a demo soon...

yea open play footage wuld be great, finding out these videos are from early stages of the game would be great to im sure they are becuase of things like outdated team lineups last years super 12 kits 11 players lined up for national anthem McCaw leading haka when in the 8th second of the 2nd clip umaga is clearly about to lead the haka i think these clips are from periods when they were just testing **** out that or they just started the gamepley aspects now!

also these vids have an emphasis on 'hits dont come bigger', so i'm guessing quite a lot of those tackles are using the hit stick (well i hope)

i dont think there is anything wrong with alot og bits as long as there are lots of variations

Yeah, like the 'over the shoulder' tackle looks a bit spear-like, and the one with the guy getting driven back i would class as a 'big hit' so reckon they are hit stick ones. I also thought the big fend by the irishman and the broken tackle, as well as that sweet sidestep are probably using the offensive moves on the right stick? I just thought second video looked more like a game than a collection of animated 3d characters. Will look forward to the demo EA... hint hint

copy of my post from other thread...

nz pack shot

imgBoxRugby2005.jpg

imgRugby4.jpg

wingers on right sides
<

2005 super 12 shirt

imgRugby3.jpg

carlos leading haka?

imgRugby1.jpg

collins and betson

collins.jpg