• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2005 Multimedia

What... you mean the ''Pressure'' Kicks where it f***s around with the camera making niegh on impossible to even come close to kicking them

Originally posted by Ripper@Jan 14 2005, 01:40 PM
What... you mean the ''Pressure'' Kicks where it f***s around with the camera making niegh on impossible to even come close to kicking them
Is that in Madden?

I ain't got it. But I like the sounds of it. Under pressure.

Yeah, say if you call a QB knell or take a time out with 1 second left on the clock, scores are tied and Adam Vinateri comes out to take the kick, it messes with the camera angle, making it go all blurry e.g so it's harder to aim.

IMO SJRL had the crappest Goal Kicking system to date

Originally posted by captainamerica+Jan 14 2005, 11:20 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Jan 14 2005, 11:20 AM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Jan 13 2005, 10:09 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-locksley
@Jan 13 2005, 09:24 PM
The best all round kicking in a rugby game is definately Jonah Lomu Rugby, without a doubt!  The fact that you had a "Jump" button helped a great deal too, especially with bombs!

Not even close to it loks mate... While the jump button was great, it has nothing to do with "kicking", only receiving... Apart from that the in game kicking was average and the goal kicking (which was replecated for WCR) was the worst of any sports sim involving conversion kicks since the previous generation of consoles... It was seriously THAT BAD!
No, NRL has definately had the best kicking system to date... it's not without it's flaws, but IMO it has the best all round kicking controls in any League or Union game to date...
I didn't find the goal-kicking in WCR and JLR that bad. It was simple and quick.

They might benefit with the system EA has in place for NCAA football (which I'm assuming is the same for Madden) which has made field goals more of a challenge. [/b]
Thats the problem in my opinion! It was too simplistic and too generic... The commentary box perspective didn't help either, all those sort of kicks should be taken from the view point of the player...

Originally posted by Ripper@Jan 14 2005, 05:21 PM
Why? It was the best as far as rugby (league and union) games are concerned by a long shot! It's the only game where you actually have to time the striking of the ball as opposed to just aiming it in the right direction (something that becomes very easy to figure out after a week of playing a game like WCR)...

I like the sound of the Tiger Woods type kicking system if it would work. I'm not familiar with it at all as I have never played golf games. My experience to date is with R2001, R2004, WCR and SLRL (SJRL). Out of all of these the one that seems to have the most challenge and realism is SLRL. The others don't really have any challenge at all. The comment re: adjusting height and drive of ball is fair enough, but surely it should be possible to add this element in whilst retaining the other elements of SLRL that work at least reasonably well?

At the end of the day, EA will produce their own take so it is a moot point. I just hope they manage to make goal kicks more fun and kicks during play more playable than they have managed before.

in fairness Ripper, in madden they wanted to be make the last kick more dramatic. I think it works well. Finishing a game with a kick in OT is pretty gay anyways, they had to do something to make it exciting.

Originally posted by sanzar+Jan 14 2005, 06:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jan 14 2005, 06:57 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Jan 14 2005, 05:21 PM

Why? It was the best as far as rugby (league and union) games are concerned by a long shot! It's the only game where you actually have to time the striking of the ball as opposed to just aiming it in the right direction (something that becomes very easy to figure out after a week of playing a game like WCR)... [/b]
You cant adjust the hieght of the kick nor the power, its always automattically aimed and the wind doesnt really have much affect. It took me about 3 15 Minute games until it got to the point that I the only way I could miss a conversion was by doing it on purpose

Originally posted by Ripper+Jan 15 2005, 07:08 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Jan 15 2005, 07:08 AM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Jan 14 2005, 06:57 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Jan 14 2005, 05:21 PM

Why? It was the best as far as rugby (league and union) games are concerned by a long shot! It's the only game where you actually have to time the striking of the ball as opposed to just aiming it in the right direction (something that becomes very easy to figure out after a week of playing a game like WCR)...
You cant adjust the hieght of the kick nor the power, its always automattically aimed and the wind doesnt really have much affect. It took me about 3 15 Minute games until it got to the point that I the only way I could miss a conversion was by doing it on purpose [/b]
Thats how I feel about JLR and WCR... I NEVER miss in that game, it's just such an incredibly one dimentional system. Also I've heard other people complain the wind doesn't effect the ball at all in SJRL... I don't know what it is, but for me it seems to send the ball off in all sorts of dircetions. I think it also really depends on how strong it is, at 20nots you have to ain the ball in the stands...

The SJRL goal kicking is lame.

The general play kicking is good in SJRL, but needs more tweaks to make it better, pretty sure I said my ideas in the RL2 thread.

My goal kicking system...
Firstly, you should be able to run backwards and forwards along the line of where the try/penalty was awarded (obviouly not forward of the mark when it's a penalty).
Then line up using a Rugby 2001 type arrow system. The ball should curve slightly, so you have to aim a bit to the side.
Once lined up, press a button to start the power. The arrow will get bigger, and the arrow head will get wider as more power is put in.
Press X again to stop the power/arrow.

The arrow head will grow wider more slowly with a good kicker.

Originally posted by JJ-@Jan 15 2005, 11:02 AM
The SJRL goal kicking is lame.

The general play kicking is good in SJRL, but needs more tweaks to make it better, pretty sure I said my ideas in the RL2 thread.

My goal kicking system...
Firstly, you should be able to run backwards and forwards along the line of where the try/penalty was awarded (obviouly not forward of the mark when it's a penalty).
Then line up using a Rugby 2001 type arrow system. The ball should curve slightly, so you have to aim a bit to the side.
Once lined up, press a button to start the power. The arrow will get bigger, and the arrow head will get wider as more power is put in.
Press X again to stop the power/arrow.

The arrow head will grow wider more slowly with a good kicker.
That would be fine.

Wonder if there would be a way to counter the win with the R3. If it's severely windy, hold the R3 against the wind direction. Steady hand equals steady nerves type of metality?

They've included Suncorp Stadium. Dat iz da shiznit. The corner of the roof is pretty dodgey though. It's like someone took a chunk out of it.

44462-RUG05xbxSCRNimage36.jpg

44473-RUG05xbxSCRNimage47.jpg

I hope they don't keep those f***ed up scoreboards. I mean they could atleast make them black, instead of having those random numbers on them.

Course they'll keep them - they suck but they won't be changed. Suncorp is in but it looks just as **** as it did in 2004, none of the stadiums have any colour because their is no spare seats.. eg red at sucorp - yellow at wellington... would be much easier to tell which is which! SJRL had the best stadiums by farrrrrr

Originally posted by Wally@Jan 17 2005, 07:44 PM
If the roof is fixed it won't be too bad.
Fixed from those screens you mean? What was wrong with it?

One thing i can spot is that the bars are grey instead of white lol
<

Yeah but that's not a big problem. In the corner there's part of the roof missing, it looks pretty dodgey. Apart from that it is as good as any other stadium in the game. It should look good when you're playing in it, hopefully.

Did you find a SH box art? I couldn't find it in misc.

*EDIT: I found it. Looks like Australia will be getting George Smith on the cover.

The stadiums were really good in Fifa 2005 but from I've seen they all look the same as 2004 but with better crowds.

44459-RUG05xbxSCRNimage33.jpg

Hmm. Jump button?

Is that a new screen or did I simply miss it when they first came out? Anyway, you might want to check out easports.co.uk to make sure you haven't missed any.

EA Sports UK
EA Sports France

I recommend you visit these two, there are definitely screens I haven't seen.

thanks JJ, i hadn't seen those ones on the french site

that screen was posted up on about the 11th, you must of just missed it.. it hope that does mean a jump button is it - that looks like a kickoff take

Here's another one I found on the French website.

44404-RUG05xbxSCRNimage55.jpg

It's different to the other two but it still has that chunk out of it. It's the same on R2004 aswell. Oh well, I'm just happy it's even in the game.

Latest posts