• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2005 Multimedia

How is it diff from the other two? I thought that chuck wasn't mean't to be there in the corner

Originally posted by umosay@Jan 18 2005, 10:57 AM
that screen was posted up on about the 11th, you must of just missed it.. it hope that does mean a jump button is it - that looks like a kickoff take
Ah ok, yeah I was away then, I had a quick check when I got back but thought there was nothing new.

Don't know about you lot but I think I've had my fill of rugby 2005 tackling screen shots...........obviously they are marketing to the "boofhead" side within us......
<

Yeah agreed - it seems this games moto is 'hits don't come bigger'

...still wheres all the other aspects of rugby - hardly seen a ruck yet, or a lineout or a break

ooooh i like these pics

these arent blinged up and will prolly be the actual visuals when playing a match

getting tackled in he air sounds very promising

although have a close look at the calves (legs) - they are square shaped just like 2004..........and the ways the knees/wrists bend reminds me of 2004

yeah its good, also if you can't spot its raining in that pic - that rain will be like fifa 2005 in which you can hardly see it when playing - which is pretty realistic

I Think for the kicking it has to invole analog in some way because just selecting the angle and power with a button press is old stuff.

Maybe like the tiger woods hitting system where you move the analog stick in up then down.

So you should have to move the anolog in a certain motion and that gets the accuracy and the quicker you do the motion in the greater the power.

I Hope it isnt ''move the arrow,press x ,then press x to kick it over.

http://www.easports.co.uk/images/screensho...humbs/44443.jpg

Hey yee've probably noticed this before but doesn't it look like the SA player has driven ober the ruck???

Hopefully this will mean you have some control over the ruck to put the scrummie under pressur

but uforunatly its probly just an animation like in 2004 when if you put enogh guys into a ruck it kind of colapses and you have no real control.

But you live in hope...

hey guys,
just wondering if anyones seen the new EB cataloge?
its got rugby 05 stuff on it.
it has a big pic of Sailor and Tuqiri against Fiji i think.

I think the graphics look stunning, the gameplay looks brilliant, and overall I cannot wait for its release in early march.

Where did Locksley get the demo from anyway?

new screenshots and video (trailer) up at this location...

http://www.gamebiz.com.au/news.php?action=display&id=5747

not sure if its been seen before, its a build-up to a Contepomi penalty just outside the 22 for Argentina against Australia...

looks really well, he places the ball, composes himself to kick...
... when he kicks the camera angle switches to behind the goal... the ball physics have been improved and it no longer looks like a floating egg, proper spinning has been shown...
... anyways, he misses and Australia get a 22 metre drop-out... and there is commentary featured ! (tho its not McLaren/Mexted, anbody know who it is?)

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Feb 4 2005, 02:23 PM
new screenshots and trailer up at this location...

http://www.gamebiz.com.au/news.php?action=display&id=5747

not sure if its been seen before, its a build-up to a Contepomi penalty just outside the 22 for Argentina against Australia...

looks really well, he places the ball, composes himself to kick...
... when he kicks the camera angle switches to behind the goal... the ball physics have been improved and it no longer looks like a floating egg, proper spinning has been shown...
... anyways, he misses and Australia get a 22 metre drop-out... and there is commentary featured ! (tho its not McLaren/Mexted, anbody know who it is?)
Great find of a 'trailer' and decent screens of Australia v Canada.

Commentating sounds a bit cut and paste though.

And after having watched it once, I sincerely hope you can push x once and it goes straight to the kick.

Edit* -- sounds VERY cut and paste.

So. ContePOmi. Has signaled that he's going to go for goal. ContePOmi. Has the chance to bring his team back into the game . . .

Edit** -- ball rotates forwards in the kick.

Enough negative -- it still looks smooth overall and I can overlook these (goddamn why can't they get everything right?!) if the gameplay is all good.

yeah ... I'd say the cutscene can be skipped through every time you like, but its a nice touch

... I know I'd let it play if it were any of my teams kicking a last minute penalty against one of my mates, just to get the tension building!

I really like it!!

If you were being picky though the commentry is a little un natural, and about 8 Aussies go running after the dead ball
<

And if you look at the crowd behind his left shoulder as he is placing the ball, there is the infamous "half a man"!!!
<

HOLY CRAP!! HOW GOOD ARE THOSE GRAPHICS!
IM DRULING........................AGAIN!

Originally posted by NZL fan@Feb 4 2005, 04:40 PM
and about 8 Aussies go running after the dead ball
<
Yeah, but it is a penalty!

So if it stays in play, they carry on - unlike rugby 2004!

Latest posts