• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2005 Multimedia

Shading.

Kinda obvious, but I was wondering as the jerseys seem bright as all hell. But check Welshys jersey:

r2k5i2cm.jpg

r2k5ii4yk.jpg

I don't blame most people for being concerned, most of us have been stung by EA before when it comes to rugby/cricket games.........

My only real concern is Tiquiri side stepping Mils (I presume), with Mils not appearing to make any effort whats-so-ever to tackle him (maybe the person playing didn't bother defending to showcase the step - or perhaps when a player sidesteps you are frozen in defense?? - hope not......).

Originally posted by JJ-+Jan 7 2005, 11:16 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (-JJ- @ Jan 7 2005, 11:16 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Muse_Cubed
@Jan 6 2005, 11:43 PM
Hahaha, I forgot how the Rugby 2004 models looked like they had a rod up their arse.  Who's doing the commentary?
Bill McLaren would be great.

Australian commentators make it feel like league, English commentators make it feel like soccer. Need a Welsh, A South African and a New Zealander.

Grant Nisbett would be good for the main commentary. [/b]
European commentator(s). No Kiwis (or god help us) and defiantely NO yarpies!!

rugby200534.jpg

rugby200523.jpg

Looks like the screens have been "turned off". Good in my opinion, let the PS2 struggle with other parts of the game instead of almost pointless screens.
Edit:
Originally posted by NZL fan@Jan 7 2005, 12:56 PM
My only real concern is Tiquiri side stepping Mils (I presume), with Mils not appearing to make any effort whats-so-ever to tackle him (maybe the person playing didn't bother defending to showcase the step - or perhaps when a player sidesteps you are frozen in defense?? - hope not......).
Yeah that was a little weird, Muliaina appears to just run around and make no effort to tackle.

The one thing I DO like about that side step animation is how Tiquiri balances himself by raising the arm that isn't holding the ball - looks class..........

Originally posted by NZL fan+Jan 7 2005, 01:04 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ Jan 7 2005, 01:04 PM)</div>
The one thing I DO like about that side step animation is how Tiquiri balances himself by raising the arm that isn't holding the ball - looks class..........[/b]
And how he steps in and then back out again, hopefully there will be diff left right buttons unlike all these other rugby games with a random way - that sucks

btw if we get a demo for this game, it surely can't be too far away, if the game is being released late feb and the game is finished we could get a demo this month

Hopefully

Originally posted by Muse_Cubed@Jan 6 2005, 11:43 PM
Hahaha, I forgot how the Rugby 2004 models looked like they had a rod up their arse.  Who's doing the commentary?
<!--QuoteBegin-JJ

Australian commentators make it feel like league, English commentators make it feel like soccer. Need a Welsh, A South African and a New Zealander.

Grant Nisbett would be good for the main commentary.

It won't be Bill, he's long gone from the commentary scene. I don't mind those welsh guys, or the yappies, or the kiwis, just no poms PLEASE!, wcr and rugby2004 did my head in. (and the fact that NZ commentators can pronounce island Names right, not 'so o e o o alo o')

Originally posted by umosay+Jan 7 2005, 12:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Jan 7 2005, 12:10 PM)</div>
Originally posted by NZL fan+Jan 7 2005, 01:04 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ Jan 7 2005, 01:04 PM)
The one thing I DO like about that side step animation is how Tiquiri balances himself by raising the arm that isn't holding the ball - looks class..........[/b]
And how he steps in and then back out again, hopefully there will be diff left right buttons unlike all these other rugby games with a random way - that sucks

btw if we get a demo for this game, it surely can't be too far away, if the game is being released late feb and the game is finished we could get a demo this month

Hopefully

<!--QuoteBegin-JJ

It won't be Bill, he's long gone from the commentary scene. I don't mind those welsh guys, or the yappies, or the kiwis, just no poms PLEASE!, wcr and rugby2004 did my head in. (and the fact that NZ commentators can pronounce island Names right, not 'so o e o o alo o') [/b][/quote]
As it's apparently full-on Canadian development, maybe we'll get that famous Canadian commentator whathisname, uh, . . . nevermind.

I think commentating shoud go to the South Africans and be in Afrikaans. That way we all can look at the tv and say, "What?!"

and "Who?!"

and "My Dutch is sketchy but I think that last sentence involved penguins."

and "What?!" again.

captain....@#$#up

phil kearns and that re:union presenter...tony...whats his face....also the gingah from inside rugby who used to work in nz...hes a good commentator...will they hav sideline reports?/sideline annalyst?

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Jan 7 2005, 01:12 PM
captain....@#$#up

phil kearns and that re:union presenter...tony...whats his face....also the gingah from inside rugby who used to work in nz...hes a good commentator...will they hav sideline reports?/sideline annalyst?
Actually that's a pretty good suggestion. Marto and Kearns are the best commentating team in our sport today, well atleast I think so. They actually make listening to them interesting. Their constant squabble and funny lines would be perfect for a rugby game.

Originally posted by Wally+Jan 7 2005, 02:20 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Jan 7 2005, 02:20 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-THE CHIROPRACTOR101
@Jan 7 2005, 01:12 PM
captain....@#$#up

Actually that's a pretty good suggestion. Marto and Kearns are the best commentating team in our sport today, well atleast I think so. They actually make listening to them interesting. Their constant squabble and funny lines would be perfect for a rugby game. [/b]
As long as we get the

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

After a break or a big hit or something out scha-standing!

Originally posted by umosay+Jan 7 2005, 01:23 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Jan 7 2005, 01:23 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Wally@Jan 7 2005, 02:20 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-THE CHIROPRACTOR101
@Jan 7 2005, 01:12 PM
captain....@#$#up

Actually that's a pretty good suggestion. Marto and Kearns are the best commentating team in our sport today, well atleast I think so. They actually make listening to them interesting. Their constant squabble and funny lines would be perfect for a rugby game.
As long as we get the

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

After a break or a big hit or something out scha-standing! [/b]
and the crowd standing up, like pes1, pes2, pes3, and pes4

nothing beats watching u fans celebrate after u have bamboozled the defense

and i hope they dont raise the cheers when the ball finally gets grounded for a try

they should be roaring at the same volume as soon as u cross the tryline...if it gets held up, we have "oooooohhhhh" (like missing a short put in golf).

i dont want a random cheer volume increase when i am bringing the ball under the sticks from the corner - once its realised i am 99% going score (when u cross the line), that roar should stick, and it should be loud as............and flip it around if ur the away team........u know what i mean

Originally posted by JJ-@Jan 7 2005, 12:59 PM
rugby200534.jpg

rugby200523.jpg

Looks like the screens have been "turned off". Good in my opinion, let the PS2 struggle with other parts of the game instead of almost pointless screens.
They were never on in the PC version, couldn't even turn them on... which is kinda weird seen they put it in ps2. Another point is that thoe 2 'christian cullen lion tackles' in the vid aren't exactly the same, looks like they have mirrored each animation

btw if you want to compare this clip with the 2004 one, download it here 3mb...

The 2004 one looked like they had to do it up a lot more and looks like a fully rendered video and doesn't look like the acutal game, whereas rugby 2005 footage looks likes its more out of the game - most the stuff in the 04 video i never even saw in the game!

Originally posted by Wally+Jan 7 2005, 11:56 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Jan 7 2005, 11:56 AM)</div>
Originally posted by -JJ-@Jan 7 2005, 11:16 AM

European commentator(s). No Kiwis (or god help us) and defiantely NO yarpies!! [/b]
I can take Kiwi's, they actually have something interesting to say alot of the time, but definately no poms! And If an Aussie is in their PLEASE DON'T BE GORDON "bordom" BRAY!!!! I'd have the yarpies and the poms over him!

Maybe Phil Kearns and Andrew Wilson? I reckon that would be a great combo
<

I think it'd have to be 1 nothern hemisphere commentator and 1 southern hemisphere commentator. Only so it sells better up north. Then again that combination doesn't really work... but the northern hemisphere is where they mainly make all their money isn't it?

For anyone thinking 'i have never heard those words said before on the haka' from the trailer - it is the first words the leader says, i have proof from the france v NZ haka where tana led (as he should in 2005 i might add!)

Latest posts