• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2005

Originally posted by umosay@Jun 12 2004, 11:56 PM
yeah spose but it says rugby not rugby union forum so anything rugby will do
Absolutely, well said.

Some ideas I had on Rugby Forum.tk [edited for "special" people] for Rugby 2005[/edit]...

I would like to use the right analog for kicking. Up punt/grubber if you let the metre go down. Down up and under. Click in+up for drop kick.

Also use d-pad for 'on-the-fly' strategies.

Could have real depth this way.

Adding to the reasoning of that idea: That would give you 8 buttons to use for ball in hand (other than direction). 8. Fend, dummy, jump, sidestep...

Hmm.

L1/R1 - pass left/right
L2/R2 - sidestep left/right
Triangle - jump
X - speed burst/resist tackle, like aggression in league, but no use over long distance. And most of the time with the ball in hand you shouldn't need to hold or tap sprint, it should be doing it, unless you have a decent fatigue system.
O - fend.
Square - score a try, Square+L1/R1 dummy left/right.

D-pad. This would give you 4 strategies. These could be interchangeable in a menu system.
Some ideas...
Attack
Up - bring fullback into line/send him back
Left - bring winger forward to be in good position recieve kick to wing
Right - Drop first five back for kick
Down - Send a winger to cover defence

Defence
Up - bring fullback into line/send him back
Left - drop 1 winger back
Right - drop both wingers back
Down - aggresive eg attempt spot tackles

Adding to the X idea. Maybe it should only be good for a sudden 5-10m burst through the gap before it goes back to normal sprinting. If you take advantage of the analog control, if it is at the extreme it should sprint, halfway it should jog, nudged a little forward it should walk - This is Soccer 2002 had it like this. Could be good to pump legs in a weak sort of a tackle, like in Rugby League.

Originally posted by JJ-@Jun 13 2004, 10:28 AM
Some ideas I had on Rugby Forum.tk...

I would like to use the right analog for kicking. Up punt/grubber if you let the metre go down. Down up and under. Click in+up for drop kick.
Most keyboards don't have analog sticks, and why would they be needed on a forum.
<

If you know what's good for you you'll ignore this post.

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Jun 13 2004, 10:35 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Jun 13 2004, 10:35 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin--JJ-
@Jun 13 2004, 10:28 AM

Most keyboards don't have analog sticks, and why would they be needed on a forum.
<

If you know what's good for you you'll ignore this post. [/b]
Done
<

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Jun 13 2004, 10:35 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Jun 13 2004, 10:35 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin--JJ-

<

If you know what's good for you you'll ignore this post. [/b]
Because we dont all have psycic powers like you and using Forums is the main way we can communicate and share our ideas. And maybe, just maybe He was talking about the PS2...

Yeah anyway, I was trying to get the thread back on topic aswell.

So any other brilliant ideas?

-Mini-Camp (Training Camp in Franchise mode) Like on Madden
-Off the ball control
-A Special button for hard hits (call it a ''hit stick'' like on Madden 05
-Maclean Park
-Expansion Mode - An option to start a new HC/S12 team from scratch

Surely I can't be agreeing with Ripper - I too think a training mode needs to be on the game!

Originally posted by Ripper+Jun 13 2004, 01:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Jun 13 2004, 01:46 PM)</div>
Originally posted by wigan_rlfc@Jun 13 2004, 10:35 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--JJ-

<

If you know what's good for you you'll ignore this post.
Because we dont all have psycic powers like you and using Forums is the main way we can communicate and share our ideas. And maybe, just maybe He was talking about the PS2...

******** [/b]
Oh is that what he was talking about?
<
<
<

Hey no need to get Angus guys. Once this forum turns into a big sledging house then everybody loses. Waste of time going off at people we ain't ever gonna meet let alone beat or get beat up. Your mum is gonna think you are psycho if you start kicking your monitor. Reminds me of those people who think they are protected in their cars and give you the fingers only to realise they are stuck at the lights with no black belt. If you are gonna bad mouth somebody make sure they are bigger than you and are less than a metre away.

Well, maybe. Somebody new to the forum could mistake him as a half decent person. Then again they could just look at his avatar to see the type of person he is.

Yeah alright get it togeathers boys.

Anyway I'd like an adrenelin metre that increases the closer you get to the try line, because I really hated running out of puff just before scoring and then getting tackled... Realistically players get faster and more aggressive the closer they are, so a metre for that would be cool.

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Jun 15 2004, 03:38 PM
Well, maybe. Somebody new to the forum could mistake him as a half decent person. Then again they could just look at his avatar to see the type of person he is.
Or his sig... I gotta say though I love your sig ERIC (seriously). I'm a bit of a fan of old Kees "bad news" Meeus just quietly... what did you use to make it?

Latest posts