Rugby 2005

Originally posted by ak47@Sep 13 2004, 10:18 AM
V8 Supercars
GTA
Gran Turismo

ALL THRU SUMMER!!!!
Somebody needs to get with the times
<

In r2004 there was a sound file for the haka. Apparantly, they made one but couldn't manage to include it. Plus, who will actually watch it more than once?

Originally posted by Ripper+Sep 15 2004, 06:24 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Sep 15 2004, 06:24 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Sep 13 2004, 10:18 AM
V8 Supercars
GTA
Gran Turismo

ALL THRU SUMMER!!!!
<
[/b]
V8 Supercars 2, GTA San Andreas and Gran Turismo 4...

Get with the times Ripper...

Originally posted by sanzar@Sep 15 2004, 12:44 AM
Well this is beginging to sound pretty good! Will we eventually see some screenshots do you think?
Screenshots will be up very soon! Stay tuned to the EA and HB sites.

Originally posted by Dave+Sep 15 2004, 10:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dave @ Sep 15 2004, 10:33 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@Sep 15 2004, 12:44 AM
Well this is beginging to sound pretty good! Will we eventually see some screenshots do you think?
Screenshots will be up very soon! Stay tuned to the EA and HB sites. [/b]
where did you get this information?

Originally posted by umosay+Sep 15 2004, 08:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Sep 15 2004, 08:57 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Ripper@Sep 15 2004, 06:24 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
V8 Supercars
GTA
Gran Turismo

ALL THRU SUMMER!!!!

<

Get with the times Ripper... [/b]
cheers UMOSAY

Glad I didnt have to tell everyone what i meant.

Originally posted by umosay+Sep 15 2004, 08:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Sep 15 2004, 08:57 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Ripper@Sep 15 2004, 06:24 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
V8 Supercars
GTA
Gran Turismo

ALL THRU SUMMER!!!!

<

Get with the times Ripper... [/b]
You mean theres a GRAND TURISMO 4!!111!

And to think I was ******* myself when I got GT3 the other day.

Next youll be saying we can play music on a round disc instead of a tape

This little snippet from playstation.com.au...........

"Madden looks as polished as ever, and the all-new dunk contest in NBA Live 2005 just has to be seen to be believed, but perhaps the most exciting feature of the future EA Sports line-up was being shown behind a curtain towards the rear of the funtion centre. To our surprise we were treated to a demonstration of Rugby 2005 - and we were completely blown away. Due out next year, Rugby 2005 is being built on a modified FIFA engine - meaning the players actually look like their real life counterparts and the controls should be a lot tighter than previous editions. Rugby 2004 was top shelf in the features and modes department, but it fell down a bit in the gameplay and graphics. By the looks of it, Rugby 2005 is shaping up to rectify those flaws and answer the prayers of every scarf-wearing, painted-face rugby fan on the planet".

Originally posted by NZL fan@Sep 17 2004, 02:36 PM

"Madden looks as polished as ever, and the all-new dunk contest in NBA Live 2005 just has to be seen to be believed, but perhaps the most exciting feature of the future EA Sports line-up was being shown behind a curtain towards the rear of the funtion centre. To our surprise we were treated to a demonstration of Rugby 2005 - and we were completely blown away. Due out next year, Rugby 2005 is being built on a modified FIFA engine - meaning the players actually look like their real life counterparts and the controls should be a lot tighter than previous editions. Rugby 2004 was top shelf in the features and modes department, but it fell down a bit in the gameplay and graphics. By the looks of it, Rugby 2005 is shaping up to rectify those flaws and answer the prayers of every scarf-wearing, painted-face rugby fan on the planet".
All very exciting but we have all been here before.

Rugby games must be the only genre where the most exciting part is the waiting for it to comeout. Almost like waiting for the Messiah.

Funny how we feed off little tidbits of news trying to believe that our wildest dreams are about to be fulfilled....a bit like reading astrology columns where you do your best to bend your reading to make it fit you.

When I think of the similar superlatives they used for the first 2 ea ***les I laugh at how I hung on to every word like a man dying of thirst. And in hindsight how foolish I looked to all my mates as I kept them updated with "The game of the decade"

Still it is always good to hope.

I'm starting to get into this game. I won't make my decision about the graphics until I see the screenies though.

Btw could somebody tell me about Rugby Pro Manager '04.. Is it a good game? Does it feature the Super 12 and international competition such as Six Nations, Tri Nations, RWC? Does it have a player editor, what are the graphics like and how much is it retailing for at the moment? Oh and do you actually get to play the games? Cheers.

Originally posted by Wally@Sep 17 2004, 06:34 PM
I'm starting to get into this game. I won't make my decision about the graphics until I see the screenies though.

Btw could somebody tell me about Rugby Pro Manager '04.. Is it a good game? Does it feature the Super 12 and international competition such as Six Nations, Tri Nations, RWC? Does it have a player editor, what are the graphics like and how much is it retailing for at the moment? Oh and do you actually get to play the games? Cheers.
it features 50 international teams and 100 clubs from around the world

s12, npc, tri nations, six nations, world cup , has it all

i recommend downloading the demo to try before you buy, or get info at www.prorugbymanager.com

Wally: You have some input in the actual games. You can either view the game in 3D where you are making tactics all the time (eg kick long, or hit up with a certain player). Graphics are very good for a manager game, but probably only level with Rugby 2001 (if you put Rugby 2001 up on high resolution). There is a PRM2005 coming out in February, so maybe you would like to wait for that.

However, if you do choose to purchase it, please do it through my site (http://rugbygaming.hothost.tv, which is an affliate of Digital Jesters so you are buying direct from the makers). I'll be your best friend
<

Originally posted by Dave@Sep 16 2004, 11:43 AM
I talk to EA and HB through emails
So That's why you're slagging Sidhe's game off in another part of this forum eh?

Tsk...
<

Originally posted by NZL fan@Sep 17 2004, 02:36 PM

I like the sound of this! It sounds like they're really going to put alot of effort this time around and make it worthwhile. Mind you though, with that said, I'm suddenly remembering the promise made on EA's website in the lead-up to Rugby 2004 saying "rugby 2004 is going to up the anti everywhere on the original, we're talking MADDEN proportions here's".... Maybe we should be a bit more sceptical...

I played the demo for pro rugby manager. It seemed okay but it's hard to make much of a demo manager game. Perhaps I'll wait to Feburary and decide between Rugby '05 and PRM '05 then.

By the way, are there any patches for Rugby 2004? That probably sounds hell n00by but I havn't heard of anyway.

I'm getting my hopes up pretty high for this now... It just sounds like it's going to be awsome! However, I still can't help but be a little bit cynical due to what happened with 04'.
Regardless though, I'm absolutely dying to see some screenshots of the game! Does anyone know when some will be released?

Latest posts