• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2005

download the latest version of Windows Media Player, i take it you're running Windows..

i didnt know where to ask this so ill ask it here.
Can u pick ur own barbarian side from scratch,or do u have to pick from selected players.
it would be awesome if you could pick anyone to create your own dream team.

Like I understand the Barbarians team is a set team!
What I want to know is...Locks had a post with all the teams and their rankings...but there was no B Lions team on there!!!???

Why? and if they are on the game...wat is the ranking for them?

not sure m8, the Baa Baa's team team i've seen in vids seem pretty ordinary despite their high ranking:
Barkley, Catt, Balshaw, Back, Cannon, etc.

Maybe the B Lions are a hidden team i.e. need to be unlocked. My guess is that they'll be in the top 3 rated teams in the game ...

Now that you mention it Cavan...that Barb team is pretty ordinary!!

I have huge respect for the Wallabies but Cannon in a Barbarian team? I don't think so!

He's not good enough!! to be honest!

Do you guys know if you can create your own tournament on the game?
I've had mixed replies to this question before.

they're ranked like 85 too, which is higher than Ireland. Pretty crazy since Wales put like 50 points on them last year.

So??

Can you create a custom tournament?

Someone? Anyone?
<

thats my point though i dont think ive ever seen brakley for the barbarians. And the british lions will prob be unlockable,but you can play them from the start i presume because im fairly sure theres a fully liscensed lions tour.

Originally posted by cavan@Mar 4 2005, 12:20 AM
download the latest version of Windows Media Player, i take it you're running Windows..
Still doesn't work for me.

depends what stadium wally, look for a pic of a stadium with lights on and it will be night (when choosing a stadium in-game)

good game not great but very solid and hopefully is the structure for future version...hint hint

for me about 7 1/2 outta 10

good points
-awesome graphics,animation and very uh...madden like presentation
-the tutorial or rugby101
-ive been playing quite abit and the gameplay is vastly improving...using the dpad moves is getting better and i love pick n go with the forwards(black and white buttons for xbox)
-alotta teams,players,stadiums generally the licensing
-stealing the ball with the right joystick
<
<
...if u got mccaw selected behind a ruck press in the r-stick and he usually wins it...totally killed my brothers precious auckland blues
-the flow of the game is spot on...like the smoothness of running
-some cutscenes(i love those punches on the ground....its...its a thing of beauty)
-playing soccer with the ball...eg kicking it on the good(has great potential for a good part of my tries in the future
<
<
)
i like goal kicking...makes sense but needs improve

flaws
-the music sucks...totally pulls me away from playing rugby and puts my imagination in the backseat with 3 white guys going down to the beach....music is garbage-END
-the cutscenes slow down the game...i wanna tap and go straight away
-correct stats both for teams and players(i know mccalister sux at the moment but he is not that bad as rated in this game....or is he?
<
)
-the game or gameplay doesnt really open up....its too bunched whereva the ball is
-right joystick moves such as sidestep are not very effective..
-THAT FREAKIN BIG HOLE IN THE MID-FIELD....IVE SCORED 70% OF MY TRIES THROUGH THERE!!!
<
<
<

-kicking will take time to master...but isnt very effective
-lineouts are so one sided so when mastered its basically uncontestable
-too many bighits...i mean shore if you got the pacific islanders...but theyve been pushed too hard in this games...out of every 3 tackles one is a very bighit
-no head highs or illegal tackle calls
-and that stupid stupid ea logo that flies by every two seconds in gameplay.....makes me so angry
<
<
<
-no campaign mode....from super12 to test season to tri-nations to world cup!!!

thats it for now kids...THE WARRIORS/BRONCOS R ON....WOOHOO...GO WARRIORZ

Sometimes I'd give it 6 other times an 8 out of 10. I find its getting a bit repetitive after extended play but I guess you could say that about anything if you do it often enough (apart from sex of course, and maybe pocket billiards)

I had to turn the music off. The Libertines suck. So that was the first song to go anyway. It wasn't long before it became so repetitive I had to turn it all off. I have to say tho that the opening song on 2004, (was it INXS?) is still brilliant, music is important. I think they should make it so you can use songs from your own harddrive or something. Play specific songs when you score tries along with the replay. Should be cool

the only decent song on it is the grimspoon one, but even thats reasonably average.

damm indy rock. almost as bad as contempary punk
<

Latest posts