• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2005

yeah, to enjoy playing it you have to put aside all the crap and just expect it to be a load of ****.
once you get used to the bugs its alright.
only when your playing against your mates though.

Anybody found any information on it yet? I can't find it on any release dates. What's going on?

Well done neh.
And congrats to locksley for telling first.
Something interesting; That site says its coming out on xbox as well

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Aug 22 2004, 09:16 PM
Well done neh.
And congrats to locksley for telling first.
Something interesting; That site says its coming out on xbox as well
Surely it will come out on Xbox, they can't restict the market like that.

Whats dissapointing Wally?

Originally posted by Wally@Aug 22 2004, 09:45 PM
That's kind of disappointing, thanks anyway Neh.
Come on, don't tell me your a ps2 fanboy or anything now wally.
The more platforms its on, the wider the market, the more money they make, the better the game next time.

...well, thats the plan.

Originally posted by umosay@Aug 23 2004, 05:15 PM
They better use the new fifa engine, 2005... although I can't see that happening
That is what IS happening - unofficial reports saying that the new cricket and rugby games are light years ahead of the tripe put out by EA in the earlier series.

"Rugby 2005 will be the best rugby game ever released by the company now that the developers have access to the FIFA game engine. A spokesman has told us that not only will the game be actually finished upon release (a first for the franchise), but it will actually keep keen rugby followers amused for at least two days - which is a day more then previous EA rugby releases"

"The visual aspects of the game will be leaps and bounds above rugby 2004, being at the very least on a par with FIFA 97. Again, Canadian students in various states of drunkeness have been "motion captured" to provide all of the various player likenesses and movements".

"We were lucky enough to play an early beta version of the game and have come away somewhat impressed. The FIFA engine has indeed made a huge improvement to the game engine utilised in rugby 2004. For a moment (fleeting as it may have been) we actually felt like we were playing a game of real footy. All the usual suspects were there (Henry, Owen, Ronaldo etc) and play flowed up and down the pitch in a seamless manner. Grubber kicking was simple to master, though at this stage of development the fullback seemed to be the only person we could pick the ball up with. Gameplay overall seemed a little "arcadesh", with all players being able to successfully complete outlandish special moves, feints and tricks. As a result points were racked up faster then Wayne Rooney running for an open brothel door"

Overall we felt this will be a huge step up for the series. Visually it has improved out of sight, and gone are the "moving dung heaps" from rugby 2004. Gameplay will still be crap though, in keeping with the FIFA tradition of games. Expect EA Rugby 2005 sometime in March, 2005".

Originally posted by NZL fan+Aug 24 2004, 08:14 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ Aug 24 2004, 08:14 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-umosay
@Aug 23 2004, 05:15 PM
They better use the new fifa engine, 2005... although I can't see that happening
That is what IS happening - unofficial reports saying that the new cricket and rugby games are light years ahead of the tripe put out by EA in the earlier series.

"Rugby 2005 will be the best rugby game ever released by the company now that the developers have access to the FIFA game engine. A spokesman has told us that not only will the game be actually finished upon release (a first for the franchise), but it will actually keep keen rugby followers amused for at least two days - which is a day more then previous EA rugby releases"

"The visual aspects of the game will be leaps and bounds above rugby 2004, being at the very least on a par with FIFA 97. Again, Canadian students in various states of drunkeness have been "motion captured" to provide all of the various player likenesses and movements".

"We were lucky enough to play an early beta version of the game and have come away somewhat impressed. The FIFA engine has indeed made a huge improvement to the game engine utilised in rugby 2004. For a moment (fleeting as it may have been) we actually felt like we were playing a game of real footy. All the usual suspects were there (Henry, Owen, Ronaldo etc) and play flowed up and down the pitch in a seamless manner. Grubber kicking was simple to master, though at this stage of development the fullback seemed to be the only person we could pick the ball up with. Gameplay overall seemed a little "arcadesh", with all players being able to successfully complete outlandish special moves, feints and tricks. As a result points were racked up faster then Wayne Rooney running for an open brothel door"

Overall we felt this will be a huge step up for the series. Visually it has improved out of sight, and gone are the "moving dung heaps" from rugby 2004. Gameplay will still be crap though, in keeping with the FIFA tradition of games. Expect EA Rugby 2005 sometime in March, 2005". [/b]
Pure quality!!!!
<

Originally posted by gjohn85@Aug 24 2004, 11:04 AM
hmmmm sounds good!!
<

need some pics though, hope they use the lastest FIFA engine!!
GJOHN - I think NZL Fan was on planet sarcasm when he wrote that.

It seems to refer to FIFA when playing the beta version.

whats the go - we need more news

Apart from the unofficial confirmation of new release

Only Locks has come up with news.

Will this be the same as 2004 - where we got crap all from EA etc and Locks turned part time media release man - for any new news on the front

Best not to hype it up too much, just wait for information but even then it will most likely turn out sour.

Rugby 2004 had many features but most of them were crap, eg. player editor... wtf was that pile of ****, can't even choose height and weight you have to choose certain bodies.

Also how many taine randells do you need in one game! Lol!
<

Originally posted by umosay@Aug 22 2004, 10:01 PM
Surely it will come out on Xbox, they can't restict the market like that.
They did last time.
I'm glad it is this time though.
But I'm definitely not buying before I try this time.

Lol Fifa '97 graphics are so bad.

Can someone give me the button keys for Rugby 2004 on computer?

Originally posted by Wally@Aug 24 2004, 04:38 PM
Lol Fifa '97 graphics are so bad.

Can someone give me the button keys for Rugby 2004 on computer?
From EA Australia site
EA SPORTS Rugby 2004

-------------
Controls
--------------

Action - Keyboard - Joypad

Select - S - Button 1
Back - W - Button 5

Run - Cursors - Directional pad
Sprint - Spacebar - Button 8
Pass Left - A - Button 5
Pass Right - D - Button 6
Tackle - S - Button 1
Change Player - Left Shift - Button 7
Kicking - S, W or Q - Buttons 1, 3 or 4 (grubber, punt/drop kick, up and under)
Feed Scrums - S - Button 1
Hook during scrums - Q - Button 4
Start drive - E - Button 2
Drive direction - Cursors - Directional pad
Line out throws - S, E or W - Button 1, 2 or 3 (Front, Medium or Long)
Line out catch - Cursor/Directional pad Up, Right or Down (Front, Medium or Long)
Try - Any button behind the tryline

have a little faith the game will be heaps better as they realised the amount of money they would be making as people in the U.S would buy the game if it was of a good enough quality.

Originally posted by Wallaby84@Sep 8 2004, 04:12 PM
have a little faith the game will be heaps better as they realised the amount of money they would be making as people in the U.S would buy the game if it was of a good enough quality.
The giant rat is right. (
<
)
However, we can't get over confident that it will be a good game.
Actually, now I disagree with Bigrat84 (
<
) I think we should be very... umm.. unfaithful about rugby 2005. That way, If it turns out to be a good game, we will enjoy it even more. YAY!!

Latest posts