• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2005

T

THE CHIROPRACTOR101

Guest
yeah but this is like 30-odd teams in the npc all together
it would have a great feel becoming a lower rank coach and building up to super12 standard.....or maybe just a create a comp and team and add all the players in
 
U

umosay

Guest
Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Jul 23 2004, 11:08 AM
yeah but this is like 30-odd teams in the npc all together
it would have a great feel becoming a lower rank coach and building up to super12 standard.....or maybe just a create a comp and team and add all the players in
I think the 1st div will definatley be there, seen as the lions are touring here next year, and they will probly try to release the game to coincide(sp?) with that seen the lions are playing quite a few provinces in nz
 
J

-JJ-

Guest
Yeah, it would be intelligent for EA to do that. If they do have NPC I hope they'll have the Ranfurly Shield.
 
U

umosay

Guest
Originally posted by JJ-@Jul 24 2004, 05:02 PM
Yeah, it would be intelligent for EA to do that. If they do have NPC I hope they'll have the Ranfurly Shield.
do you think they would of got the nz maori's to do the haka for motion capture?
 
J

jinxed_nz

Guest
i hope that EA put some more effort into trying to make it more of a TV style presenation, in the way of replays, stats and comentating. i no it can be done, i think the way madden 04 did it was perfect.
Also replays need to happen more then just for when you score a try. Like when you make a big brake and don't quite make it, the next time theres a brake in play eg. a lineout they could show a replay! and every once and a while bring up stats.

This was one thing that really got me down in rugby 2004 and if this can be resolved it will bring the game up so much more in my overall enjoyment!
 
J

jinxed_nz

Guest
yeah, i was so annoyed when i found out the level of stats in R04. Even in games stats like JLR had would be sufficant, and then further stats outside of an actuall game ( in season mode).

When is rugby 2005 actually going to get it's own catagory?
 
R

Ripper

Guest
When more info is released is my guess.

I mean all we have heard is that its being made and is using among other things the FIFA Engine
 
W

Wally

Guest
There has been little said considering it is coming out this year. Well I assume it will be released this year? They're always released a year before their name.
 
G

Gay-Guy

Guest
Originally posted by Wally@Aug 11 2004, 11:00 AM
There has been little said considering it is coming out this year. Well I assume it will be released this year? They're always released a year before their name.
Maybe they are taking a different approach to their other titles of big fanfare = big flop. Be interesting to see if the game is any better than WCR, especially as this forum was built on rugby gaming.
 
W

Wally

Guest
Rugby gaming? I didn't know that. I enjoyed Rugby 05 quite a bit more than so WCR so I'm betting it will be.
 
S

St Helens RLFC

Guest
Originally posted by Wally@Aug 11 2004, 02:06 PM
I enjoyed Rugby 05 quite a bit more than so WCR so I'm betting it will be.
You're good - played Rugby 2005 before anyone else!
 
S

sanzar

Guest
Originally posted by Wally@Aug 11 2004, 02:06 PM
Rugby gaming? I didn't know that. I enjoyed Rugby 05 quite a bit more than so WCR so I'm betting it will be.
I agree in some aspects aswell. in Rugby 04 you had way more options at lineouts, scrums, rucks and mauls and all the club tourny's etc... WCR had more fluid gameplay, but nothing like the deapth of 04... either one didn't keep you interested for long unfortunately.
 
C

captainamerica

Guest
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Rugby 2005 will be released at the end of March 2005[/b]

From Locksley on 14 Aug, in the 'Acclaim Enters backruptcy' thread. Thought it should be moved over to this topic because . . . wait . . . nope, lost it. I forget why.

They were speculating its release and 'the man' chirped up with the above news.

Cheers Locks.
 
S

shiznit

Guest
I actually still enjoy Rugby 04
its good to play against your mates on it.
ive had some great contests against my mates on it.
i remember playing as the wallibies against my mate who was the all blacks and needing a try. and just pounding it in for ages untill i finally scored in the corner.
i think i ended up doing about over 20 phases.
 
U

umosay

Guest
Originally posted by shiznit@Aug 17 2004, 03:39 PM
I actually still enjoy Rugby 04
its good to play against your mates on it.
ive had some great contests against my mates on it.
i remember playing as the wallibies against my mate who was the all blacks and needing a try. and just pounding it in for ages untill i finally scored in the corner.
i think i ended up doing about over 20 phases.
yeah, maybe cause you can't win turnovers
 
A

All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan

Guest
Originally posted by umosay+Aug 17 2004, 04:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Aug 17 2004, 04:35 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-shiznit
@Aug 17 2004, 03:39 PM
I actually still enjoy Rugby 04
its good to play against your mates on it.
ive had some great contests against my mates on it.
i remember playing as the wallibies against my mate who was the all blacks and needing a try. and just pounding it in for ages untill i finally scored in the corner.
i think i ended up doing about over 20 phases.
yeah, maybe cause you can't win turnovers [/b]
Also the better the team at turnovers the quicker you won the ball which sucked
 
J

-JJ-

Guest
I liked their R3 idea, but they didn't pull it off. I was always getting penalized for hands in the ruck, even though the only people their were the tackler and tacklee (which, if you don't know, is not a ruck [ruck needs players on feet]). Could've been good if it wasn't so retarded. Also occasionally getting away with it when it was a ruck would be cool.
 
Top