• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2005

Originally posted by Wally+Jan 19 2005, 01:27 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Jan 19 2005, 01:27 PM)</div>
Originally posted by -JJ-@Jan 18 2005, 07:13 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
@Jan 18 2005, 06:30 PM
Nice. I wasn't too active when locks got a look at R2004 last time. How much is he allowed to tell us?

I'm not saying this is what we will get this time, but last time he provided us with several videos of in game footage.
And you all still went ahead and bought it?
<
An in game video this early would be very pleasing. By the way guys, they're playing the 1st Rugby 2005 video at my local EB (and I suppose EB around Australia) and it's also advertised in their catalogue. [/b]
Wally, which EB is that???

i gotto check this out man

my local EB is at Bondi Junction, and if they got a video, or some kind of footage, i gotto see this TODAY!!!

have u seen the video urself???

Sanzar,

We get one AFL game per week on about a week tape delay with the Grand Final live. We also get one NRL game per week tape delayed, with SOO and the NRL Grand Final live. For rugby union we get 2 Super 12 games per week live, with various replays throughout the week, all spring tours, Tri Nations, Currie Cup, NPC, and other random games including delayed Eagles games occaisionally.

ak47 - They're probably just playing the trailer.

Wally - It was the first rugby game since 2000, of course I bought it.

Originally posted by ak47+Jan 19 2005, 02:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jan 19 2005, 02:36 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Wally@Jan 19 2005, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by -JJ-@Jan 18 2005, 07:13 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
@Jan 18 2005, 06:30 PM
Nice. I wasn't too active when locks got a look at R2004 last time. How much is he allowed to tell us?

I'm not saying this is what we will get this time, but last time he provided us with several videos of in game footage.

And you all still went ahead and bought it?
<
An in game video this early would be very pleasing. By the way guys, they're playing the 1st Rugby 2005 video at my local EB (and I suppose EB around Australia) and it's also advertised in their catalogue.
Wally, which EB is that???

i gotto check this out man

my local EB is at Bondi Junction, and if they got a video, or some kind of footage, i gotto see this TODAY!!!

have u seen the video urself??? [/b]
Yeah, just the trailer man - no need to get excited
<
<

Sorry to get you excited dude. It is just the trailer unfortunately. I hope he didn't go all the way out the Eb just to check.

Has anyone has seen easports.com preview here yet?? It slighty different to the other previews, but doesn't say much new (if any)!

"Team Songs and Chantsâ€"Team songs and crowd chants from the major stadiums around the world capture the spirit and excitement of rugby"

Isn't this a lie????

I'm certain I read somewhere one of the HB development staff writing a piece about how the staff got together one night for a "sing along" for the singing/chanting audio in rugby 2005??

Can anybody confirm??
<

i too read somewhere about staff recording their singing, clapping and fingering for use in the game...

Guys they do this for FIFA too, they get a bunch of guys to do the chant - then edit it to make it sound like a stadium full of people.

Originally posted by umosay@Jan 23 2005, 09:53 AM
Guys they do this for FIFA too, they get a bunch of guys to do the chant - then edit it to make it sound like a stadium full of people.
Yes, but doesn't the statement they have issued make it sound like they have recorded authentic crowd reactions from the major stadiums in the world??

The statement is badly misleading. The sounds are not from the major stadiums in the world but instead from a bunch of computer geeks in some sound studio in Canada.......
<

On some other sites they actually say that there is authentic crowd chants/singing.........

Dunno, depends if they mean from the stadium or 'from the stadium', if ya get my drift

"More teams and leagues added for the upcoming season"... not sure how to take this. If they'd said 'new teams' i'd have just assumed it was updated squads, but 'more teams' seems to suggest that there are teams that weren't in the last game. Has anything official been said about the number of teams?

We're assuming they just mean they have changed the teams which feature in the Heineken Cup.

Originally posted by JJ-@Jan 25 2005, 08:46 AM
We're assuming they just mean they have changed the teams which feature in the Heineken Cup.
I imagine a couple of new teams.............Pacific Islanders are highly likely........

anything on individual players???....just wondering if spencer has his own goose step and roko has his spin and trick moves.....the dummy kick vs the welsh...anybody
<

Originally posted by NZL fan+Jan 25 2005, 02:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ Jan 25 2005, 02:57 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin--JJ-
@Jan 25 2005, 08:46 AM
I imagine a couple of new teams.............Pacific Islanders are highly likely........ [/b]
Not to mention having official lisences for the B&I lions, Ireland, the official RWC lisence etc as well...

Does anyone know if there will be user created teams available in Rugby 2005?
You were supposed to be able to in 2004 and couldn't?

We've just started February and there's now only a month and a half (roughly) until the expected release of Rugby 2005 (not considering any delays?)... isn't it about time there was another official announcement/press release from EA or HB about the game?

Apart from locksley's excellent preview, very little real info has been released/leaked since the announcement back at the very beginning of January, every other preview or news article has really just payed lip-service to what EA has already told us, even Andrew Wilson's Q&A on the easports.com website does not offer us anything we didin't really know already... so come on EA, tell us about the damn game will ye!

If it hadn't been for locksley, what would we really know about the game at this point? not a great deal! and I'd bet there'd be a much greater air of doom & gloom around the forum if that were the case!

The aussie playstation preview has been the only one with any real "new" information (i.e. naming the commentary team), so they must have a hands-on with a different version then locksley (and they also mentioned the passing ****les from that version)... so does nobody know the guys or can link to them, that work there to get some extra info on this more "full" version of the game that has been released ?

... we're all waiting, and I'm getting fed up with it

Latest posts