• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2005

Probably the least useful bit of information yet to appear here but went into my local GAME (Bath) and there were posters up for Rugby 2005... not important to most of you I'm sure but made me smile!

no indication of the game at all so far in Belfast and I've been into the 2 GAME and 1 GameStop stores...

... I wonder if the demo will be sold through the stores if it is out early enough before hand? kinda like the PES games, their demos are sometimes sold for £2/3 to give plenty of people a chance at trying the game

... tho I'll prob buy the full game in the South anyways, as thats where the Irish boxart cover will be sold... just means spending a disgraceful amount of euro's on it!!!

Also, will the demo released to the public allow you to play a full game or just one half? - I know some demo's that are released with the Official Playstation2 magazine sometimes only allow you to just play one half and I think that was the case with R2004

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Feb 2 2005, 07:30 AM
Also, will the demo released to the public allow you to play a full game or just one half? - I know some demo's that are released with the Official Playstation2 magazine sometimes only allow you to just play one half and I think that was the case with R2004
I'm thinking that's what's going to happen: Release with a magazine and only a half again. Though, usually in the magazine they'll make some comments about the features on the insert disc, and if Rugby 2005 is up to scratch, they should make some positive comments, i.e. nothing generic.

I don't like the way they do that tho, you get 3-5 mins playing one half of a match; thats never enough time to get a proper feel for the game...

the idea behind a demo is to give you an example of the full game and entice you to then go and buy it... but if you have to spend the same amount of time loading the demo up as you actually get playing it, it kinda defeats the purpose. Playing one-half is far too rushed and could end up turning folk away from the game (whether its good or bad) as opposed to leave them wanting more. I'd sooner pay £3 for a full match then get half a match free with a magazine (at £5 its hardly free tho!)

If the demo's on sale in any of the modern parts of the world (England for example, I'm afraid Ireland/NI is way too backward in terms of having a games demo up for grabs!) I'll be buying it and getting it posted over, to hell with waiting!

Anyone know if there will be network play available?

I'd loved to be able to take on the southern hemisphere players at the game!

Originally posted by captainamerica+Feb 2 2005, 07:42 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Feb 2 2005, 07:42 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-raziel_eire
@Feb 2 2005, 07:30 AM

I'm thinking that's what's going to happen: Release with a magazine and only a half again. Though, usually in the magazine they'll make some comments about the features on the insert disc, and if Rugby 2005 is up to scratch, they should make some positive comments, i.e. nothing generic. [/b]
i thought lox was playing the demo, so isnt that the demo we wud be getting? or was that sum special preview just for him?

Originally posted by Griff@Feb 2 2005, 10:40 PM

There has been no hint of online play at all.

This is probably because EA do not want to take a risk until a series has been proven. The first 2 games were flat. Hopefully after this game there may be an avalanche of sales that will open the way for online play in the next game in the series.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Feb 3 2005, 12:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Feb 3 2005, 12:00 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Griff
@Feb 2 2005, 10:40 PM

This is probably because EA do not want to take a risk until a series has been proven. The first 2 games were flat. Hopefully after this game there may be an avalanche of sales that will open the way for online play in the next game in the series. [/b]
Actually, despite their lack of quality, the first 2 EA rugby ***les exeeded their expected sales rate... Mind you, this may only be a reflection of how little they expected from the series! Either, they mustn't have done too badly, otherwise we wouldn't be seeing a "rugby 2005" at all!
It's a pity about online play though... if they haven't mentioned it, it probably won't happen... Maybe it's something Mario could consider for a league sequel? What do you reckon Mario? RL 2006 ONLINE PLAY! That would be wicked!

Originally posted by sanzar+Feb 3 2005, 01:44 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Feb 3 2005, 01:44 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Feb 3 2005, 12:00 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Griff

This is probably because EA do not want to take a risk until a series has been proven. The first 2 games were flat. Hopefully after this game there may be an avalanche of sales that will open the way for online play in the next game in the series.
Actually, despite their lack of quality, the first 2 EA rugby ***les exeeded their expected sales rate... Mind you, this may only be a reflection of how little they expected from the series! Either, they mustn't have done too badly, otherwise we wouldn't be seeing a "rugby 2005" at all!
It's a pity about online play though... if they haven't mentioned it, it probably won't happen... Maybe it's something Mario could consider for a league sequel? What do you reckon Mario? RL 2006 ONLINE PLAY! That would be wicked! [/b]
forget about rugby league already
even if he started making it this very second it would come out til 2008
it took them 3 yrs to get rugby league finalised
i heard rumours and talks about the league game since 2000....4 yrs later low and behold we get it...........only flawed and rosters seriously outdated, and at Christmas during the offseason
<

sure they did a good job............but not a good enough job to chase sequel updates weekly
and based on feedback, mario wont be telling any news in the foreseable future

so no news & no see-able future = no go for now!!!!!!!!

u'd have a better chance finding bin laden in the foreseable future

You seem pretty negative about it mate.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
u'd have a better chance finding bin laden in the foreseable future[/b]

If you think so.

Originally posted by ak47+Feb 3 2005, 03:19 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Feb 3 2005, 03:19 PM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Feb 3 2005, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Feb 3 2005, 12:00 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Griff

It's a pity about online play though... if they haven't mentioned it, it probably won't happen... Maybe it's something Mario could consider for a league sequel? What do you reckon Mario? RL 2006 ONLINE PLAY! That would be wicked!
forget about rugby league already
even if he started making it this very second it would come out til 2008
it took them 3 yrs to get rugby league finalised
i heard rumours and talks about the league game since 2000....4 yrs later low and behold we get it...........only flawed and rosters seriously outdated, and at Christmas during the offseason
<

sure they did a good job............but not a good enough job to chase sequel updates weekly
and based on feedback, mario wont be telling any news in the foreseable future

so no news & no see-able future = no go for now!!!!!!!!

u'd have a better chance finding bin laden in the foreseable future [/b]
Actually, seeing as how they have made a Rugby league game, it won't take nearly as long to make a sequel, Also, Christmas time is an excellent time to sell games.

Originally posted by umosay@Feb 3 2005, 02:21 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE

If you think so. [/b][/quote]
<
<
<

You never know whats gonna be on the horizon do you?

Originally posted by sanzar+Feb 3 2005, 03:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Feb 3 2005, 03:57 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-umosay
@Feb 3 2005, 02:21 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE

If you think so. [/b]
<
<
<

You never know whats gonna be on the horizon do you? [/b][/quote]
nah u dont

hopefully what mario is saying, is just propaganda
<

umo - i cant be positive...its all bad news on the sequel to NRL...the fact muz cant say anything, doesnt bring the positive side of myself

i am a bigger league fan than union..........AND BLOODY PROUD TO ADMIT IT!!!!
<

Just wanted to say quickly (I'm on my lunch-break that I've had some reliable news that tells me for sure that if there is a delay for Rugby 2005 it WILL NOT go past end of March.
I'll fill in more later on, of why I'm so sure.
Hope this is of some help.

Originally posted by umosay@Feb 4 2005, 12:02 PM
Rugby 2005 passed testing first time, so no delay at all i think.
when did that happen umo??

got sources man

i wanna read

i love when games go gold!!

So what do people think...

has the version of the game that locksley tried (Sept version, we'll call it Demo1) been changed so much in the last few months (in certain, important areas) and the game now exists with real differences (with pass controls not on the trigger buttons, "****ly" passing issues, etc) and it is this version (Demo2) thats been tried by website reviewers?

... from what I've seen of Demo1, I'd take that version of the game immediately if it means the passing buttons remain as locksley described (on the triggers) and the gameplay looks as enjoyable as it is (and passing not flawed).
I really hope this newer Demo2 version does not undo some of the good work EA/HB have done that locksley was able to describe to us

Latest posts