• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2006

lol thats funny sutff eric. No news Captain on rugby 2006 execpt thats in development and that rugby league 2 comes out in september somtime with online play

Originally posted by esoj@Jul 19 2005, 03:35 PM
lol thats funny sutff eric. No news Captain on rugby 2006 execpt thats in development and that rugby league 2 comes out in september somtime with online play
cool - my ps2 is network ready.....

wahooooooooooooo!!! But my ates will be the hardest to play anyway...so either way.

<

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Jul 19 2005, 02:13 PM
Lol, you'll probably find this funny AK.

A few weekends ago this couple come into DSE with a DVD player they bought around 2 or 3 days before. They were complaining that the picture quality was extremely poor. I asked them what they were using and they said the dvd input on the tv and the rgb out on the dvd player. They brought it in, and they had been using those cheap as f*** really thin rca cables! They said "thats what it says to use in the manual and it says dvd on the tv". I told them that the cables were yellow for video and red and white for audio. They packed a big as **** because rgb cables weren't included! I told them we sold some high quality ones for $100 and they almost died because they didn't even pay that for their shitty 2channel dvd.
hahaha

yeah man

its hard to fathom that some DVD players are less than $100 yet some components/rgb/scarts cost upwards

but

the way i see it................if the cables are $100, the DVD is a bargain

if u start thinking the cables are too much, u'll never turn the tide to the digital era

my DSE set top box is working a treat Eric

the DSE service is top notch..........u cant go in there and educate the employees......they already educate you that next step (I love being jarred at the counter), whereas EB and JBHifi, and Harvey Norman.....i walk out of those stores with exams to mark........employees dont know **** all there

Where I work we are just a DSE distributor, so we aren't really in my mind in the same class as a proper Dick Smith. The proper dick smiths have like training camps for new products and ****, we don't get any training at all (aside from product testing
<
)

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Jul 19 2005, 04:04 PM
The proper dick smiths have like training camps for new products and ****,
this would explain why they are soo damn good for advice

wish other electroic stores would take the same approach

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Jul 18 2005, 09:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Jul 18 2005, 09:40 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Zambaman
@Jul 18 2005, 08:27 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Excuse me?

Ever played any of the Monkey Island games? Or Grim Fandango? Or Sam & Max? Or any of the old Indy games? Or Broken Sword?

Or any host of other great adventure games?

Adventure games are practically non-existent in todays market, but the PC owned the genre when it was at its peak, consoles don't even come close.
Yeah, Point and Click games are dead. But they don't have the sole monopoly on being adventure games. Hell, I remember when we had a Finnish guy staying with us, an hardcore rpg player, and he'd complain whenever I'd refer to Final Fantasy 7 as an rpg. He was dead certain that it was an adventure (his definition of rpg was in the vein of Ultima). If you want examples of adventure game, then look no further than Resident Evil/any of the survival horror games; they're all adventure. Look at the Metal Gear Solids; they're adventure. Look at Myst/Riven/whatever version, and the Journeyman Project; again adventure games. And finally, the old point 'n clicks like Monkey Island, like Full Throttle, like Day of the Tentacle, like Beneath a Steel Sky, (and the game I first played 13 years ago) Loom; and similar types of games that didn't use the mouse like Spacequest, like Leisure Suit Larry, like Police Quest, like Goldrush. But lets not forget Zelda : OoT, because that's adventure aswell.
You're not trying to tell me that only Point and Clicks are adventure games now are you?

Oh yeah, MMORPGs aren't the be-all end-all for RPGs. Fallout was a fantastic game.

PS. Before you mention it, I know that Grim Fandango wasn't point and click, but went 3d. [/b]
Survival Horror games are just that - Survival Horror games.

MGS is stealth, not adventure.

Final Fantasy games are RPGs despite what one hardcore fan thinks.

Myst sucks arse, it's a glorified tech demo.

Zelda is the only good adventure franchise on consoles, other than that the PC owns the genre completely.[/b][/quote]
Why oh why did I know you were going to class Surivival Horror and Stealth based games as their own genre? Contrary to what you obviously believe, Survival Horror is a sub-genre of adventure games. And there is no Genre called stealth, and if you can't accept that, then this conversation will go nowhere. Honestly, ever checked, oh I dunno, Gamespot or say IGN and seen something have its Genre listed as "Survival Horror" or "Stealth"? Ever seen a drop-down menu or anything similar, which specifically mentions "Stealth" or "Survival Horror"? The only time I have ever seen Survival Horror mentioned, is when it's been preceeded by Action-Adventure, or even (shock horror) Adventure.

Oh yeah, Myst sure did suck arse. I mean, getting an 8.9 from Gamespot sure does make it a shitty game
<
<

Originally posted by Zambaman+Jul 19 2005, 08:17 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zambaman @ Jul 19 2005, 08:17 AM)</div>
Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Jul 18 2005, 09:40 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Zambaman
Excuse me?

Ever played any of the Monkey Island games? Or Grim Fandango? Or Sam & Max? Or any of the old Indy games? Or Broken Sword?

Adventure games are practically non-existent in todays market, but the PC owned the genre when it was at its peak, consoles don't even come close.
Yeah, Point and Click games are dead. But they don't have the sole monopoly on being adventure games. Hell, I remember when we had a Finnish guy staying with us, an hardcore rpg player, and he'd complain whenever I'd refer to Final Fantasy 7 as an rpg. He was dead certain that it was an adventure (his definition of rpg was in the vein of Ultima). If you want examples of adventure game, then look no further than Resident Evil/any of the survival horror games; they're all adventure. Look at the Metal Gear Solids; they're adventure. Look at Myst/Riven/whatever version, and the Journeyman Project; again adventure games. And finally, the old point 'n clicks like Monkey Island, like Full Throttle, like Day of the Tentacle, like Beneath a Steel Sky, (and the game I first played 13 years ago) Loom; and similar types of games that didn't use the mouse like Spacequest, like Leisure Suit Larry, like Police Quest, like Goldrush. But lets not forget Zelda : OoT, because that's adventure aswell.
You're not trying to tell me that only Point and Clicks are adventure games now are you?

Oh yeah, MMORPGs aren't the be-all end-all for RPGs. Fallout was a fantastic game.

PS. Before you mention it, I know that Grim Fandango wasn't point and click, but went 3d.

Zelda is the only good adventure franchise on consoles, other than that the PC owns the genre completely.[/b]
Why oh why did I know you were going to class Surivival Horror and Stealth based games as their own genre? Contrary to what you obviously believe, Survival Horror is a sub-genre of adventure games. And there is no Genre called stealth, and if you can't accept that, then this conversation will go nowhere. Honestly, ever checked, oh I dunno, Gamespot or say IGN and seen something have its Genre listed as "Survival Horror" or "Stealth"? Ever seen a drop-down menu or anything similar, which specifically mentions "Stealth" or "Survival Horror"? The only time I have ever seen Survival Horror mentioned, is when it's been preceeded by Action-Adventure, or even (shock horror) Adventure.

Oh yeah, Myst sure did suck arse. I mean, getting an 8.9 from Gamespot sure does make it a shitty game
<
<
[/b][/quote]
You do realise that most, if not all games reviewers will limit the number of catagories they have, and are forced to bunch games slightly overlap different genres together?

Where is the adventure in MGS or Splinter Cell? You simply go from A to B, completeing objective C in-between.

Surely Survival Horror games would just be called Adventure games if they fitted perfectly in that category? Proper Adventure games have proper puzzles, not just getting a key and opening a door, or blowing up a conveniently placed barrel.

Please don't try and tell me Myst is/was a good game, that's just insulting.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Jul 19 2005, 08:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Jul 19 2005, 08:34 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Zambaman@Jul 19 2005, 08:17 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Zambaman
Excuse me?

PS. Before you mention it, I know that Grim Fandango wasn't point and click, but went 3d.

Zelda is the only good adventure franchise on consoles, other than that the PC owns the genre completely.

<
<
[/b]
You do realise that most, if not all games reviewers will limit the number of catagories they have, and are forced to bunch games slightly overlap different genres together?

Where is the adventure in MGS or Splinter Cell? You simply go from A to B, completeing objective C in-between.

Surely Survival Horror games would just be called Adventure games if they fitted perfectly in that category? Proper Adventure games have proper puzzles, not just getting a key and opening a door, or blowing up a conveniently placed barrel.

Please don't try and tell me Myst is/was a good game, that's just insulting. [/b][/quote]
I wish I was more sober at this current point, but nope....

so...

SFW - you really suck dude......and you talk total ********.

<
<

Why feign actual argument when your voice is a lughing stock?

SFW stands for something else ya know!?

and that's about what I'm thinking...

right......

NOW.

<

You always argue possibilities instead of facts.......like a f*&^ing lawyer. That doesn't interest any of us who actually have real facts to debate, but thanks anyway.

<

Originally posted by Los Lover+Jul 19 2005, 01:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Jul 19 2005, 01:12 PM)</div>
Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Jul 19 2005, 08:34 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Zambaman
Excuse me?

Zelda is the only good adventure franchise on consoles, other than that the PC owns the genre completely.

<
<

Please don't try and tell me Myst is/was a good game, that's just insulting. [/b]

so...

<
<

right......

NOW.

<

You always argue possibilities instead of facts.......like a f*&^ing lawyer. That doesn't interest any of us who actually have real facts to debate, but thanks anyway.

<
[/b][/quote]
All that crap, yet you stll managed not to reach your point.
<

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Jul 20 2005, 01:24 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Jul 20 2005, 01:24 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Los Lover@Jul 19 2005, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Jul 19 2005, 08:34 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Zambaman
Excuse me?

<
<

Please don't try and tell me Myst is/was a good game, that's just insulting.

so...

<
<

right......

NOW.

<

<
[/b]
All that crap, yet you stll managed not to reach your point.
<
[/b][/quote]
I couldn't decipher it while you wrere sucking on its tip....

Please, just give me a second okay!?

<

What else could SFW mean?

Suck French Wang?

Funny coming from a guy called "Los Lover" who, from what I can tell appears to be a Male.

Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 21 2005, 08:33 AM
Funny coming from a guy called "Los Lover" who, from what I can tell appears to be a Male.
Some males love other males. Let's not discriminate.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Jul 21 2005, 10:20 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Jul 21 2005, 10:20 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Jul 21 2005, 08:33 AM
Some males love other males. Let's not discriminate. [/b]
Is the front banana in your avatar enjoying it?

Originally posted by captainamerica+Jul 23 2005, 04:49 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Jul 23 2005, 04:49 AM)</div>
Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Jul 21 2005, 10:20 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Jul 21 2005, 08:33 AM

Some males love other males. Let's not discriminate.
Is the front banana in your avatar enjoying it? [/b]
<
Why wouldn't he be?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Carter's overated

I would to be able to create a player like on Madden wher you decide the size of their arms, body etc and be able to select a height.

Originally posted by richllew@Jul 23 2005, 09:12 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Carter's overated

I would to be able to create a player like on Madden wher you decide the size of their arms, body etc and be able to select a height.
You mean like you can on EVERY EA Sports game apart from rugby?

Like most of the threads on this site, this has de-generated into a rambling slanging match (last 2 threads excepted).

It originally started with a discussion of Rugby 2006.

2 phrases sum it up :

1. We need better gameplay.
2. Any info about R2006 would be welcome !

i guess we'll be playing on the X Box 360 and PS3 by the time R2006 comes out.

Originally posted by captainamerica@Jul 28 2005, 09:41 AM
And we need create your own damn tourneys, and if possible, clubs.
yeah - with whoever you want...so you could take on countries with your clob team for extra challenge too.

good call.

Originally posted by GarVanNeath@Jul 26 2005, 08:30 AM
Like most of the threads on this site, this has de-generated into a rambling slanging match (last 2 threads excepted).

It originally started with a discussion of Rugby 2006.

2 phrases sum it up :

1. We need better gameplay.
2. Any info about R2006 would be welcome !

i guess we'll be playing on the X Box 360 and PS3 by the time R2006 comes out.
Biggest problems with Rugby 2005 that need to be fixed are:

*Passing!
-Passing was no where near responsive enough! If a tackler was in position for a tackle (even 5 metres away from you), then you couldn't pass!!! This meant that there were no offloads and drawing your man was very bloody hard. Ontop of that cut out passes were too high and floaty (which sorta makes them useless) and intercepts were virtually impossible.

*Rucks
-the rucks need to be far more interactive! You should have some controll over whether your player can stand on his feet and then be able to go for the ball

*Scrums/Line outs
-both were ok, but there needs to be much more deapth here... esp line outs where you could only have one length.

*AI
-possibly one of the biggest problems in the game is how useless the AI is! They are so incredibly predictable and slow in attack that they only ever score tries through freakish opportunism...

*Graphics
-a massive leap over 2004, but the stadiums and feild markings are still pretty pathetic... The constant littering of the EA logo on the feild is pretty stupid as it takes away from the atmosphere! Why bother getting all the licenses if your not even gonna use em?

*Special moves
-Side steps, palms etc were far too in effective... they need to be easier to pull off to and with better and more varied animation.

*kicking/ball physics
-kicking and ball physics were again a major problem in this game. Grubbers would sometimes bounce back 15 metres in the direction of your own goal line FFS! This needs to be fixed.

*The lions
-One of the most thoughtless things HB did. How they could go to the trouble of securing the Lions license and then not make it possible to play AGAINST them was simply ridiculous and idiotic!

*Franchise mode.
-the world league was a joke in my opinion... we need a proper all encompassing franchise system like the one that will be in the upcoming NRL game! I want to be able to play as the Waratahs, then select a Wallabies squad for the pre TN tests and the TN and then go and tour Europe at the end of the year! It should be a 15 year cycle so you can have several RWC campeigns and a shot at the lions too!

Latest posts