• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2006

K

kinkon89

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
The Hive is buzzing..... Rugby 2006 has been under way for a couple of months now and two other as yet unannounced ***les are also in development.[/b]

rugby 2006

no screenshots...but we will be expecting rugby to be up there with fifa soon...about 2 more years

HOORAY FOR ZOIDBURG!!!

now, we have to wait for: rugby 2006, rl2 and WHATS IN THE f***ING HATCH FROM LOST!!!!!!!!!!!! untill about mid next 2006
<

YAY! Maybe we'll get offloads, decent franchise and lions modes, variable weather conditions for all stadia, a kicking system that takes less than 10 seconds to execute (seriously that shitted me so bad, the opposition player would be 10 metres away and still manage to tackle you and force a knock despite the fact you pushed kick way before he was anywhere near you), and some general player responsiveness in the controls.

Originally posted by sanzar@Sep 12 2005, 10:50 AM
YAY! Maybe we'll get offloads, decent franchise and lions modes, variable weather conditions for all stadia, a kicking system that takes less than 10 seconds to execute (seriously that shitted me so bad, the opposition player would be 10 metres away and still manage to tackle you and force a knock despite the fact you pushed kick way before he was anywhere near you), and some general player responsiveness in the controls.
Was that all? The wish list for R2006 looks a lot shorter than the wish list for R2005 after the previous attempt.

We still play R2005 without the dive tackles. Very good game playing like this EXCEPT for the in field kicking. Would have brought more dimensions to the game if they had better attacking kicks behind the defensive line. So I totally agree with you on this.

The main one you forgot was the rucking system.

The hardest thing to develop, in my mind anyway, in a rugby game would be a rucking situation. Jonah Lomu Rugby is probably the best so far and as that was developed eight years ago it is pretty sad to think that we have gone backwards.

I have also found that scrums are also poorly designed - I have never seemed to get the feel for them and am under the belief that they are pretty random even at the best of times.

I loved the Jonah Lomu Rugby when it came to lineouts - the best set-piece design that I have experienced. But at the end of the day you should only expect to win about 80-90% of your own ball and maybe pilfer around 30% of your opposition (this is when the two teams are evenly matched). So far no game has really gotten this right. I would always win every lineout in JLR and as fun as that it isn't really realistic.

I have thought long and hard about how to develop a decent rucking system and so far haven't really gotten anything that seems decent. So I guess I shouldn't be too harsh on game designers who don't really have the same love for the game.

i didn't like the jlr rucking system. my mate used to take player out and put a player in and win all the time i didn't have fast enough fingers to do it. Though when i did get the ball he couldn't takle so that was a bonus. still hard to get the ball though

Originally posted by woosaah@Sep 15 2005, 09:48 AM
i didn't like the jlr rucking system. my mate used to take player out and put a player in and win all the time i didn't have fast enough fingers to do it. Though when i did get the ball he couldn't takle so that was a bonus. still hard to get the ball though
The in and out technique isn't the only way to ruck.

<
<

No seriously you didn't have to be fast to do the in and out technique. It was more a timing thing. Also if you were tackled in a position where your stronger forwards were or where your halfback was very close you would normally maintain possession.

Originally posted by BigTen@Sep 14 2005, 10:00 PM
I would always win every lineout in JLR and as fun as that it isn't really realistic.
You never played me
<

I still think the chance of getting a decent rugby game is a distant dream. I think it will happen but not as soon as Rugby 2006. My prediction based on madden and fifa games is the first really decent rugby game will come out in about 2014. (if EA keep making them that long) It took at least ten years to develop Madden and fifa, it will take about the same if not more for rugby.

However expect some solid efforts along the way, including 2005 which was good but lacked longevity and many other things.

right...

about the timing thing, i had no timing LOL it didn't really matter to much as i didn' thave the game (didn't own a platstation as i was to poor damn they were expensive those days) but it was fun to play

Notice they say they are also working on two "undisclosed" ***les.............

....they can't even do a good job working on what they have already, so with there crappy resources even further spread I wouldn't get your hopes up for anything too amazing................I'm betting on updated rosters (obviously), and the introduction of off loads (which will be little thought out and create more problems).

Actually........I remember someone saying that the off loads almost made it to R2005 but they still hadn't got it right. So it will have been nutted through as their is a huge groundswell for rugby/league games having offloads.

Offloads, lesser flying dive tackle and decent attacking kicks and I'll be happy...................but never satisfied. Like how JLR satisfied me.

Originally posted by NZL fan@Sep 16 2005, 01:03 PM
Notice they say they are also working on two "undisclosed" ***les.............

....they can't even do a good job working on what they have already, so with there crappy resources even further spread I wouldn't get your hopes up for anything too amazing................I'm betting on updated rosters (obviously), and the introduction of off loads (which will be little thought out and create more problems).
DEFINATELY

ITS A F******* JOKE

Rugby 2001 had the best ruck and scrummaging engines in the game in my opinion.

Dont see why they need to base the game off the FIFA engine, wouldve preffered if they used the vastly superior Madden Engine, although its too late to scrap all the work done with the FIFA stuff on Rugby 2005 and start all over again.

Latest posts