• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2006

I'll tell you why its stupid. Cos you could charge the same customers $99 twice instead of wasting two licences on the one release.

^^^^^ Excellent point
<

the 2 codes are rival so why would they want to be seen together?

Exactly, however if it is the only way EA Sports will release a league game then so be it. Maybe Swordfish could do it?

just go up to mr.ea's doorstep and ask if he can release a game that combindes two codes to create a giant piece of rubbish.

both ea, league and union would be unhappy getting together and having a nice big hug. and if they just decide to squash everyone else into one super game, the quality is sure to go down.

as well as this, the game would probably only sell in nz, aus and gb because anywhere else the league component would be an unwanted clingon to the mainstream.

in summary, try not to make suggestions.

Fair enough. I'll try not to, but if anything slips don't come and hunt me down.
Back to 'Rugby 2006', well EA have an exclusive licence with NZRugby so would it be an expectation that they will have NPC in the next game?

I thing Kaftka's idead about shifting weight with the analog stick is awsome, and original! If the steps are moved to the shoulders you could use the stick like you said to shift your wait, and if you have a good or strong player it could result in a break tackle in the direction you shift your weight. This way it covers shoulders chargers and all kinds of cool break tackle possibilties. But shifting your weight to gain a few extra yards, or buy some till support arrives, drive over the line or to avoid touch is an awsome idea! EA will never listen though. Try swordfish?

Speaking of swordfish, have all you guys read locksleys review? It seems that RC2006 will cover alot of what people want for EA R2006, so we may not need them anymore(EA) hopefully between Swordfish and Sidhee we can all live happily ever after.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Oct 2 2005, 11:45 AM
I thing Kaftka's idead about shifting weight with the analog stick is awsome, and original! If the steps are moved to the shoulders you could use the stick like you said to shift your wait, and if you have a good or strong player it could result in a break tackle in the direction you shift your weight. This way it covers shoulders chargers and all kinds of cool break tackle possibilties. But shifting your weight to gain a few extra yards, or buy some till support arrives, drive over the line or to avoid touch is an awsome idea! EA will never listen though. Try swordfish?

Speaking of swordfish, have all you guys read locksleys review? It seems that RC2006 will cover alot of what people want for EA R2006, so we may not need them anymore(EA) hopefully between Swordfish and Sidhee we can all live happily ever after.
Yes, that's exactly what I was trying to explain. It could help the big forwards stay on their feet to drive over the line etc. thus opening up an interactive way of setting up a driving maul.

...And when you set up the maul you could use the left stick to control the pushing, and the right stick to rotate/move the maul around, breaking through the opposition. It would make the game a lot deeper imo and could open up a lot more try scoring/gameplay opportunities.

You could also use it for the same thing in defense maybe? Sort like the hit stick, but you can use it to counter an attackers shift in body weight, but perhaps only if you are bigger or stronger player. For example, a back tries to lean forward for a few extra yards a forward can counter it and smack him backwards. Also one player could hold a guy up in a tackle then another joins the tackle and together they could drive him to the sideline or backwards, atleast until another attacker arrives to forms a mall. This way it would seem like you were using two man tackles. The right stick definately needs to be utilised!!

Originally posted by CeeJay@Oct 2 2005, 02:12 PM
You could also use it for the same thing in defense maybe? Sort like the hit stick, but you can use it to counter an attackers shift in body weight, but perhaps only if you are bigger or stronger player. For example, a back tries to lean forward for a few extra yards a forward can counter it and smack him backwards. Also one player could hold a guy up in a tackle then another joins the tackle and together they could drive him to the sideline or backwards, atleast until another attacker arrives to forms a mall. This way it would seem like you were using two man tackles. The right stick definately needs to be utilised!!
Yes! Brilliant, and when it's say one on one and you're about to get sidestepped, at the very last second you can make one last gasp attempt right as you're being wrong footed to make one last grap at the attacker.

Me and you should patent this idea.

Yeah guys - patent the idea and then no studio will be able to put this into the game. Even if you'd offer to let them use your idea they wouldn't pay you for it and all us gamers would have to suffer without the idea.

Your idea, by the way, is very good and I think that it would work really well especially for setting up mauls and having two-man tackles which is something that the game really lacks.

Originally posted by BigTen@Oct 3 2005, 06:24 PM
Yeah guys - patent the idea and then no studio will be able to put this into the game. Even if you'd offer to let them use your idea they wouldn't pay you for it and all us gamers would have to suffer without the idea.
Yeah I was joking.

Also, I was just thinking about it before, and the L2 button was always mostly unused wasn't it? Hard to remember, but every button should have a decent purpose, so why not use it as a 'Shift' button.

What I mean is, for example, you hold it in, and use the right stick to fend. This way you can fend the guy in front, behind you, or the guy who is most likely to tackle you. Too many times in Rugby 2005 I pulled back on the stick only to be tackled by the guy to my right whilst fernding off the guy in front. Of course, not all people will like this system, so that's why you have a fend button (a la stiff arm in Madden) which could be circle. But isn't that a kick button? I think so, but why do you need all four face buttons for kicking? You don't. X=Punt, Square=drop goal, Triangle=grubber. X+L2=Up'n'under, Triangle+L2=chip kick. Quite simple really.

Adding to the right stick thing, clicking it in could make them shield the ball by wrapping it in their arms on attack, and attemp to steal it on defence.

Eg. short pass to forward, then hold both sticks forwards, clicking right stick in and R2, and you will have a proper attempt at busting through the middle.

That inspired me to have a cool L2 plus right stick idea(at least I think it is cool) When you have the ball and hold L2 you will then have control of the nearest support player with the right stick, and you can make him cut behind you, run into a gap or, get in position for a grubber or anything! you just click the right stick to pass or release L2 to cancel. And on D you can use it to direct other nearby defenders and have them shift to cover overlaps and what not.

So many ideas so few buttons!!

Your fend Idea is cool, it would be good to have total control of who your trying to beat and from what direction.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Oct 3 2005, 09:13 PM
That inspired me to have a cool L2 plus right stick idea(at least I think it is cool) When you have the ball and hold L2 you will then have control of the nearest support player with the right stick, and you can make him cut behind you, run into a gap or, get in position for a grubber or anything! you just click the right stick to pass or release L2 to cancel. And on D you can use it to direct other nearby defenders and have them shift to cover overlaps and what not.

So many ideas so few buttons!!

Your fend Idea is cool, it would be good to have total control of who your trying to beat and from what direction.
That's also a very good idea. We're on fire.
<

I take it no footage/screens/website has been released then, I do searches occasionally and can't find anything, apart from the info given on theg ame is actually hapening which I have come acrros many a time
<

Latest posts