• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2012 - World League Improvement Suggestions

Listen, I agree with many things you have said in other threads, but I think your tone is pretty bad here. You went off-topic first, claiming that there would be official players/teams, based on a statement from HB Glen in the kicking thread. As a moderator it's my job to clear that up to stop un-established theories, slowly becoming accepted as "fact". That was the only reason I went off-topic.

As of late I'm copping a lot of bullish tone from members. From this point on I'll have to deal with it, with infractions, bans or possibly closing threads as I see fit.

Good point, well made.

Sorry dude.

Good point, well made.

Sorry dude.

I really appreciate that, thanks. In general your posts make some very good points, far more often than not. :)

To duckdee I'll just say that the boys in this thread are entitled to assume (for the purposes of good game ideas) that the World League will have as many real world licenses as there have been in the past. This isn't meant to say that is a fact (they may have more or less), just it makes the process of coming up with practical and inventive ideas so much easier. :)

I think a proper stats system would be quite helpful. Not just in world league but the whole game in general. but if a proper stats sytem was introduce you could then use it for the purpose of players performance and morale etc. so say if they make 10 tackles in a game they would slowly increase their tackling ability, they miss too many tackles they go down etc.

I also would like to see player profiles that keep stats so you can keep track of games versus other people offline. and get averages etc.

Keep World League as is, seriously, in terms of schedules, knockout cup, the 3 divisions one elite, maybe just make 1 or 2 more if you will make the top 14 in this game and NPC teams / magners league.

uh, it might work but
(I havent seen much of Magners league)

But with the extra NPC teams,

Most if not all the NZ S14 teams draw their players from the NPC?

That would be like including the Blue Bulls and Currie Cup alongside the Bulls and S14 (S15?)

I could see it working if all the players who were looking to *make* a S14 side were in the NPC or Currie Cup,

But none of the teams from these domestic comps. would exclude some of their S14 stars?

I cant see Victor Matfield playing in both Blue Bulls and Bulls in one competition..

It is a good idea, would be nice to see an extended version of World League with some domestic teams, but I dont see how the domestic teams would get their players?
Can anyone find a loophole in wat Ive said? I'd like to see Versus' idea of this

Also for WL

Include top 14, Japanese Clubs, and if possible, a few more comps. like the ones from Argentina? Portugal?
Might be too far in terms of licencing

Love the beginning of WL idea by ranger

Also, during the games, surely we've noticed that in 08, most teams manage to get back most of their 'traditional' team?

Say the Stormers tight five looks like

JC Kritzinger
Kevin Mealamu
Phil Vickery
Victor Matfield
Issac Ross

eventually all (or most) asides Kritzinger would be traded out for Burger, Bekker, Liebenberg, Harris etc??

Perhaps change this and base the other clubs' trading on their 'available' salaries?
If you couldnt afford Burger or Liebenberg, youd stay with Mealamu?

And Mealamu wouldnt always be traded straight to Auckland?> Maybe off to somewhere else?

To duckdee I'll just say that the boys in this thread are entitled to assume (for the purposes of good game ideas) that the World League will have as many real world licenses as there have been in the past. This isn't meant to say that is a fact (they may have more or less), just it makes the process of coming up with practical and inventive ideas so much easier. :)
I wasn't even thinking about if the teams will be licensed or not, but whether there will be clubs at all. It's just a feeling I have from the fact that the game is coming out for the RWC, the "15 faces" post, and (even though it's not related) Ashes Cricket.

My previous post was my way of trying to slyly say, this could all be in vain. I didn't mean to imply we shouldn't be talking about this, I wouldn't have offered my own suggestion if that was the case.

I do my best to stay unconfrontational, but my habit of trying to keep posts as short as possible doesn't always show that. :)

I think World League needs a total revamp could be a lot more realistic:

The World League should start in the Summer where you build up your Squad from scratch.
Create your own Team with a 100 points to spend on a Starting XV (players rated from 1-10) the rest of the 30 Man Squad would be made up of Generic Academy Players.
If a Squad Player is Injured you can Recruit a player on Loan from another team i.e. not enough props in the squad etc.
Training- Limited time per player per week to focus and improve players including developing and improving the Academy Players. Weights or Running etc raising their skill levels.

I wasn't even thinking about if the teams will be licensed or not, but whether there will be clubs at all. It's just a feeling I have from the fact that the game is coming out for the RWC, the "15 faces" post, and (even though it's not related) Ashes Cricket.

My previous post was my way of trying to slyly say, this could all be in vain. I didn't mean to imply we shouldn't be talking about this, I wouldn't have offered my own suggestion if that was the case.

I do my best to stay unconfrontational, but my habit of trying to keep posts as short as possible doesn't always show that. :)

I see exactly what you mean Duck, and I don't even want to think about this horrible possibility! Well done for picking up on it though, worth posing the question to HB over.
It would probably significantly reduce the target market though, in fact almost definitely!

Sorry for going off topic, I think all of the suggestions in this thread so far are brilliant. World League is probably my favourite part (other than winning the S14 of course ;) ) in any rugby game.

Currently there is a World Club Challenge that takes place in Singapore (well at least it did last year) which could be an interesting feature, in place of the "Knockout Cup"?

I think World League needs a total revamp could be a lot more realistic:

The World League should start in the Summer where you build up your Squad from scratch.
Create your own Team with a 100 points to spend on a Starting XV (players rated from 1-10) the rest of the 30 Man Squad would be made up of Generic Academy Players.
If a Squad Player is Injured you can Recruit a player on Loan from another team i.e. not enough props in the squad etc.
Training- Limited time per player per week to focus and improve players including developing and improving the Academy Players. Weights or Running etc raising their skill levels.

Would anyone prefer to Create/Build your Own Team or Have The Team/Squad Already Selected???

Every player in the game would be available to transfer at all times.

I like this idea.
I am a die hard Crusaders fan and when I did get ahold of them all the super stars were gone (Dan Carter / Richie McCaw) and the AI was playing everyone out of position.

So it would be good to start off as the Crusaders with a total n00b team.
But once you start winning again and making money you will be able to attrach your super star players back and rebuild the team to it's former glory.

Backbreaker's team editor. No idea if something similar could be implemented for Rugby 2012.

Thats exactly what I'm talking about!
I would much prefer this than having to play with the 'original' club squad on the game.
I think it would be great if there could be a mix of players already in the game (including legends) and created players (development/Acadamy) in the squad.

Whatever happens with the customisation its a must that the manager has acces to all players from the game. I hate it how there are only a certain number of players availible for trade over the course of a teams rise to the elite devision, and they are always the same. I'm not saying go back to the days of Rugby 05 where a 3rd devision team could sign George Gregan but if i'm at the top of the elite league and I want a flaker other than McCaw, Smith or Burger I should have that option.

I'd be happy to see the world league ditched if seasons could be rolling in the new game. I.e. you could have a career mode.

Latest posts