• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2012 - World League Improvement Suggestions

Completely agree on the make your own team thing, that would be so good. Youd start with a budget and you'd have to buy a lot of players. Also the make your own kit, team name, stadium etc (in other words total customization) - PLEASE do this, would be so good !!

What I think could be done is:

1) Have all players available to transfer, and some of them you must offer them a contract and they decide on weather or not they like it. (Accept/decline an offer) Like eg. To buy Dan Carter you have to offer him a contract as he would not go looking for a new team. You would have to offer him money, game time and possible bonuses.
2) You can ask for jobs with other clubs. Not always being offered a contract to coach them but at least chose what one you want. (or have a list of Teams looking for new managers)
3) Random bonuses for setting records, playing well or being promoted.
4) When you start, you choose your team but they only have 15 players and you must choose 15 more.
5) Loose players after their contract expires if you don't better the new offer or you choose not to renew it.
6) Hire Assistant Coaches that will increase the players form in the area your assistant specialize in. (eg: if you hire Graham Henry, your defense will improve)
7) Have loan players. You offer them a 4 game contract if you loose one of your regulars to injury.
8) Players can leave if they don't get enough game time. (after it warns you he is not happy)
9) You can switch anyone for anyone. Eg a Fullback for a lock.
10) The more your train your team in the 'Practice' mode, the better they will be at the stuff your practiced.

I could go on but i think they are the main ones I like.

Someones probably already said this but why not drop world league for a managers type mode where you take a team through a comp and get offered other jobs from different teams in different comps. You could even chuck in job offers from international teams if you manage a top team that keeps winning games/***les etc. Be mean to take the Lions through the ITM cup (if it's in) for a couple of seasons, get offered a job from the Hurricanes win the super 14 a couple of times go overseas coach Munster for a few seasons and then get a job offer for the ABs which you could then take through June tests, tri nations, end of year tour and a world cup every four years and a B&I Lions tour every 12. Need to be able to select your own squads also (bar ITM cup as their won't be club rugby to choose players from of course). Would need online updates for players (only one of many options) as well or the players would get old fairly quick. Sounds a bit much for Rugby 2012 but I think this should be the future of rugby gaming definitely. I'd be worried if HB wasn't atleast looking at this in the long term.

... and then get a job offer for the ABs which you could then take through June tests, tri nations, end of year tour and a world cup every four years and a B&I Lions tour every 12. Need to be able to select your own squads also (bar ITM cup as their won't be club rugby to choose players from of course).

I'm not sure just how plausible this idea is because, after a few years the roster would be completely messed up. International rookie's come in every few months and i don't see any AI being able to predict which players would be in the lions squad or world cup squads in a simulated future.
If the game mode stretches into international, the amount of games per season is reduced by more than 50% and therefore would take less time to get through a season
What i'm getting at is that you could get through a years worth of rugby in a weekend and sure the rosters would make sense for a couple of years but after say 8 years (2 world cups) most if not all of the players currently playing would have retired (in game) and the game would be a bit lost about replacing them, there's no way of knowing who will replace any of the AB squad as they're mostly all in their late 20's.

1. World league scrapped, replaced with career mode.

2. Take over ANY team but your reputation as a coach will be half a star (out of 5) at the start of the game. You gain reputation by passing your season objectives and by consistently performing to the boards expectations. Your Reputation can go up and down through your career. better your reputation bigger the clubs are that come in for you and better the players willing to sign for you, without throwing silly money around!

3. When you start, all the players of whatever team will be available, none will have left like in previous ***les. BUT, all contracts expire the following season, so you will have to try and negotiate new deals with the players you want to keep and release players you want to let go. Competition to re-sign your stars would be good. up to you whether you up the wages, or offer them the best possible deal. up to them to decide whether they sign or leave. You will then have to look for a replacement.

4. Player growth. This should be a must. When a player is say between 18-23 his rating goes up pretty quickly. as he gets older, the gorwth will not be as noticable and maybe comes to a stop when a player is say between 27/30.

5. Injuries and Fatigue. You can easily just constantly play your first 15. but you have a squad. injuries and fatigue should play a big part of the game. you can be hit by one of your stand out performers injured for up to a season long. players can go off form and become tired. energy levels should be put in so you can see during a match who is ok to finish the game and who needs to come off. the more fatigued a player gets the more prone they are to injury and miss tackles etc. The game should give you injury crisis. maybe all your wings will be injured for a while and you have to play players out of position. And maybe you find that a certain player is more effective on the wing for you.

6. TMO. Another must i think. obviously this would be for the whole game not just this mode.

7. If you choose a club that plays in the magners league, aviva premiership or the top 14 then in the season as well would be the Heineken Cup.

8. A transfer system. Maybe a list of all the players who have been released by ther clubs should be made, but if you have the money you can try and buy a player as well. obviously buying a player would take from your budget.

9. Staff Upgrades. You will earn match day revenue every game, also, sponsorship money. That money can be used to upgrade your staff levels which would be from level 1 to 10 -

- Strength and Conditioning (Higher the level, better the recovery time, and sooner players are back from injury as well as strength, pace etc)
- Defence (Higher the level, better the defence, and bigger the hits).
- Attack (Higher the level, the skills and better you set piece moves)
- Forwards (Higher the level, stronger your forward play).
- Acadamy (Higher the level better the acadamy players)
and possibly, to increase revenue, Stadium Upgrade (instead of levels, you increase the capacity).

10. An Acadamy. I think it would be cool if we could have a choice of say 5 players at the beginning of each season. offer them pro deals, again, they may choose to reject your offer. a mix of forwards and backs obviously. and some better than others. you may decide you dont want any of them. upto you if you want to keep them or let them go.

I'd quite like a mode possibly under world league with more than 4 leagues, have a few more, few more cups depending on your clubs region etc. like heiniken for European teams. Would add more to the mode.

I'm not sure just how plausible this idea is because, after a few years the roster would be completely messed up. International rookie's come in every few months and i don't see any AI being able to predict which players would be in the lions squad or world cup squads in a simulated future.
If the game mode stretches into international, the amount of games per season is reduced by more than 50% and therefore would take less time to get through a season
What i'm getting at is that you could get through a years worth of rugby in a weekend and sure the rosters would make sense for a couple of years but after say 8 years (2 world cups) most if not all of the players currently playing would have retired (in game) and the game would be a bit lost about replacing them, there's no way of knowing who will replace any of the AB squad as they're mostly all in their late 20's.

Has mass amounts of problems for sure just a bit of an idea not explained very well haha. Be interested to hear HB's long term vision if they contiued with this game. Manager type mode most be in their thinking but probably not their budget.

im one of the people who also doesnt like the fake world league. have it realistic thats why I buy the game for realism. have career mode

Just to add my opinion, love the world league mode, definitely should be kept, but I would like to see it expanded, include all the premiership + magners leaugue sides

You absolutely need to be able to pick ur side. I am lucky in that I am an Ulster fan, and we are rated very poor in 08 so I get to play as them. I don't want to have to play as another team!! I agree with others that you should start without all your top players, maybe keeping your reserves and havi g a small budget to buy cheap players and academy players.

And as has already been said, it needs to be much harder, going up three leagues in three seasons is way too easy, and very unrealistic.

Trading players in all divisions and the ability to offer contract to players without them being listed.
I might just dropkick my Xbox if C. Heffler is back, for the record.

Just take a part from the RL Series... when you begin your managers mode, all the top players are already contracted for 5 or so years to their club so they aren't up for negotiation... Unless their name is SBW.. haha... nah staying on topic now...

Contracts would be the only way to get around this... If someone signs for say 5 years, then they are not able to be up for negotiation until three years later or something. The not so hot players would be either unsigned or signed for their club for 1 year and therefore are up for negotiation...

Im not a fan of soccer so I have no idea how Fifa goes about this, but from what Ive heard it must be good since everyone wants it to be more like fifa11 managers mode

Has anyone played NCAA Football 11 Dynasty Mode. I think the recruitment on that is amazing. It's a mini game in itself.

Each week you have 10 "Hours" to speak to possible recruits. You can spend a maximum of 1 hour speaking to any single prospect and each topic discussed takes up 10 mins. The prospects have their own ratings on what they feel is important and each team has different stats (e.g. Conference Prestige, College Campus, Coach Prestige/Experience). So when you ask the questions you ideally ask questions where the prospect has a high interest level and your team is rated highly. For Example: If the Prospect is interested in Playing for a Prestigous Coach and the Coach was Rod McQueen the points for that question would score very highly.
You can also compare your team against another team that the prospect is looking at going to. By doing this your team may go up and the other team's score go down.

The conferences could be set to by the different competitions, so Super Rugby would have a prestige rating of A+, while an Italien league would have a rating of D.

I've just been paying NCAA alot lately, and I found this was one of my favour features and would take the World League mode in Rugby to a whole new level.

I really enjoyed the simplicity of World League and would only want to see a few things changed.

Firstly when you recruit a new player they shouldn't join your club until the beginning of the following season (except SBW ;))

Secondly you should be able to scout out "ANY" player in the game and "TRY" to recruit them... note that i said try, if your a third division Team you should be able to offer contracts to Richie McCaw or Rocky Elsom. They'll say NO even of you can offer them big $$$ but at least this way you wont get the same players everytime you play the game, i found that in Rugby 06 The same players always seemed to be on offer regardless of which club i'd chosen.

I'd also like to add that this mode should stay in the 'Franchise' team level. Players very rarely change their provincial clubs, and the thing i enjoyed most about this mode was building a team of the best players from all over the world so it shouldn't move up into the International level either.

Hopefully Career/Manager Mode will also be included in this game (as well as World League), and if so World League shouldn't be changed too much. It was very simple and very enjoyable lets try to keep it that way!

I think you should start with around 12 really crap teams e.g western force/cheetahs (sorry..) to pick from and then as you progress through the competition you build a reputation for yourself as a coach and you can then apply to the hurricanes or something, also if your low on budget you can loanplayers to other clubs and also ask the board for money etc.

As your rep as coach rises you can then persuade players to join your team for a cheaper price.

I think you should start with around 12 really crap teams e.g western force/cheetahs (sorry..) to pick from and then as you progress through the competition you build a reputation for yourself as a coach and you can then apply to the hurricanes or something, also if your low on budget you can loanplayers to other clubs and also ask the board for money etc.

As your rep as coach rises you can then persuade players to join your team for a cheaper price.

Yeah i like that idea... Some sort of popularity meter, and when it's full you have more pulling power with the big name players.

NO world league.
Start from scratch and build a fifa/madden style MANAGER MODE!
Any team you want, open transfer market, progession in manager prestige, play in domestic and european competitions. Players unavaliable during November Internationals and 6 Nations (plus Southern Hemisphere equivilents)
Don't get fired for breaching salary cap, get fired for poor performance/ not fufiling your contract (e.g. win the Premiership)

Ok, I just read in the latest Q & A that there will be NO Manager's mode... they didn't say anything about World League so hopefully it will be included!!! A thread with 78 pages (and counting) full of suggestions for this mode surely cant be ignored... right?

Latest posts