• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2012

Ahh finally, rugby 2012.......just about to put my 360 on ebay. Please please please tell me there is southern hemisphere influence in this new game :) ........

Awesome. Now what I'd like to see...Please make it possible to pas the ball to eachother when playing 2 players in the same team.

A set play editor would be nice, for lineouts and back play.

Rejig the ruck situation. Sometimes you have like 3 players and the opposition has none and you still can't win the ball...

I know what you are talking about. In Rugby 06 you could choose the outside man and your mate could pass to you. In Rugby 08 you could not choose the player until you have received the pass otherwise the ball would go AWOL! You have to sleect the player, sprint to catch up with your mate, unselect your player before your mate made the pass. Weird!

Other than that, Rugby 08 was a huge improvement on 06. Great game!!!

Excellent news! I'd love to see ...
- Proper season modes with league / cup matches / international call ups - and none of that silly "game over because you didn't reach the cup semi-final" stuff from the previous world league system.
- Offline multiplayer where you can actually pass to a user controlled team mate
- Sevens
- Better positioning AI - with players using the full width of the pitch rather than all in a line behind the ball carrier
- "Be a pro" mode like fifa
- Lions tours
- Create a tournament mode - rather than just randomising existing ones.
- players moving as soon as a penalty kick is taken, and defenders not just lining up on the try line
- quick tap penalties

And mainly
- the IRB to stop changing the rules long enough for HB Studios to code them properly!!!

I agreewith a lot that you are saying!
The IRB have stopped the epermentation with ELV's in 2010, have kept and stopped some and have called for referee's to be stricter on existing rules. So, we do have Global rules and it is about time!

Everyone has pretty much said everything that needs to be done. I have recently started playing 06 again and now i cant wait for a new game. As long as there is an option to edit players stats in the game i'll be happy! Madden, NBA, Fifa, NHL all have this feature. I'll be more than happy to help test the game during production :)

Hi all, yes, im a noob to this site (gasp!)

so is this the thread to suggest what changes to make? if so, i have over the years compiled quite a few (as I imagine you all have also!), but here are my biggest problems;

why, when I put brian odriscoll on the wing, can he not catch for s**t? he's like one of the best players in the world.

why is there only like two tackle graphics? ever play madden? they have like a hundred variations! hit stick come onnnn!

also; incomprehensible rucking, no mauling, like two variations on lineouts, literally pointless scrums, passing (generally), overlaps (generally), releasing from tackles (endless and undefendable), breaking tackles (or not), no group tackles, picking up off the floor and diving on the ball sometimes looks like a retarded person looking for a contact lens, the fact that dan carter and parisse are way better than their 08 stats along with a thousand other players, the fact that running plays is completely pointless against anyone other than the computer, the fact that sometimes when i go to dive over for a try i punt the ball a mile instead, impossible drop goals, grubbers that take a lifetime and seriously always end up in a knock on, box kicking or not, no pick and goes, forwards who routinely get lamped by any backs...

...no feel, no superstar mode, no depth, no manager type role, terrible graphics, terrible commentary (powerful surge anyone?), no licensing, camera angles that mean I actually cant see myself score a try until the replay, the fact that shaun perry was once a fat fijian centre, and pierre spies has fly half as one of his positions, delon armitage is 4 foot and slower than my nan, george smith appears to be god himself and moral and form have actually no impact at all on the performance of the player...

...no choice as of team in world league, useless GP mode (one season!?), whole game is far too easy, no intercepts (other than those stupid ones that offer no advantage at all and almost always get turned over staight away anyway) teams/players cant improve in any way or gel as a team over time, there is no aspect of balance in a team (just arbitrary "partnerships")...

...other than that the game was pretty good and enjoyable.

I feel better now.

The only thing I really want to be added, and I think it was mentioned earlier, is auto-player switching when defending. Preferably with FIFA's slider.

I can imagine there is a mission statement type thing in HB's office, which simply reads; "Make FIFA, but with rugby!" And someone has scrawled on it, "+ Madden's Pro-Tak," but that might be strecthing things a bit.

i'm just excited they've finally announced something! and this far out means there's plenty of time to get it right. i'm sure it's going to be one hell of a game!

if anything, i just hope the crowd graphics are better and the stadium sounds are improved haha what da?!

Honestly though, i don't want players tied down to a particular nation. because i want to free up players like Sam Tu'itupou and Doug Howlett just as an example to play for Tonga whereas in 08 players were assigned a nation and sometimes it was bloody wrong.

That's just poor researching though, can be fixed. I play NBA Live 2003 as well, and by far the easiest way to edit any roster/data is using .dbf files.. specifically, db commander. I can literally do anything, code anything with it on that game when it comes to text, faces, bios, stats, game behaviour etc.

A full player is very handy, not just the basic one in previous games.

Ideally, i'd have a pro-evo style in-game data editor, you can make the faces yourself, it's that realistic.

Great news!

I'd say that the player 'form' thing should be continued but perhaps taken even further so that its the main point influencing who you pick for a position is form rather than base rating. For example in pro evo if an awesome player has a red downwards arrow you just wouldn't play him. I think in rugby 08 the fact that for example Joe Worsley has a rating of 89 means you probably should pick him all the time.

Other points:

1) More dynamism with forward battles which really reflect how many forwards you've got competing. As much as I like 08 its frustrating when you should be able to turn the ball over but your forwards kindly wait for the opposition forwards to arrive before competing!
2) As people have been saying, we need a complete 'season' mode with different competitions simultaneously for example the magners league and the heineken cup. and transfers are really important, between wherever, england and france, northern and southern hemispheres.
3) lions tour
4) Licenses please!

this game could be great all they realy need tido do is make a soild game and as they get monye after it comes out make dlc.

Honestly though, i don't want players tied down to a particular nation. because i want to free up players like Sam Tu'itupou and Doug Howlett just as an example to play for Tonga whereas in 08 players were assigned a nation and sometimes it was bloody wrong.

Did you even read the IRB regulation 8 about eligibilty to play for national representative teams before making that request ?

also, opposition lineouts were way to easy to win, even when i did change the setting for it! i always get into situations where its 2 on 1, and pass the ball to my supporting man, and the defender ALWAYS high tackles the guy who just made the pass, the penalty is called, but there is never a sin bin, i always end up shouting at the telly :p PLEASE CHANGE THIS, IM SURE IM NOT THE ONLY ONE!

There's no advantage for high/late tackles either, so the above could happen, i'm in for a try, but it gets pulled back for the penalty

ST Helens, Whats the latest on information from HB Studios?

St Helens has said all that he currently knows at the mo. To be honest there is not much information at the moment, hopefully he will have more news soon for us all.

Latest posts