• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RUGBY 24 announced...

Not seen any announcements or anything? Still waiting for some southern hemisphere or premiership/ championship announcements and actual game play.

Nothing yet unfortunately 😔

Having looked at Big Ant's page, it seems that most of their manpower has been focused on the newly released AFL game and they're also focused on the release of Cricket 24. I suppose their AFL 2023 game will give some indication as to what their rugby game may be like, alongside the Rugby League Live 3 & 4 games they released in the past 8 years.

I'm looking forward to this game but the botched release of AFL 23 and the delayed release of Cricket 24 gives me concerns that the new rugby game is going to be a disaster. Can't help but think Big Ant Studios has bitten off more than they can chew with releasing so many games in such a sort space of time. They are also due to release a new tennis game this year which just complicates things.

You can now order rugby 24 online although still not more details on the game.

They really need to start marketing it and releasing some gameplay etc to build some interest.

No idea if it's even got the premiership in it.

You can now order rugby 24 online although still not more details on the game.

They really need to start marketing it and releasing some gameplay etc to build some interest.

No idea if it's even got the premiership in it.
Sadly Nacon/Big Ant are notorious for really bad marketing and communication

The latest cricket game was meant to launch in late June in time for the Ashes however the delay to October wasn't communicated till the last week of June. Unlikely to get anything till a few weeks out from the release date

Still no more news on this game with very little time until it's released. Why would anyone preorder this when there isn't any fotage?

Sack the marketing department I think.

Every rugby game since rugby challenge has had absolutely abhorrent marketing, clearly nothing has changed. So much opportunity for hype with all the internationals ahead of the World Cup kicking off, but nothing.

Big ant studios is too focused on cricket 24. You could argue that cricket 22 is good enough, but rugby 22 and rugby challenge 3 are abominations for different reasons

If you bother to make a game at least bother to post some clips on Facebook or some cover art or something. It's free marketing and quite effective. I'm amazed at how behind rugby is in every facet of life these days.

I was watching kids tv with my kids this morning and there was a learn to play golf advert and a tennis one, both trying to get kids to take up the sport. I could never imagine rugby being so proactive.

Last edited:
Gotta imagine they think showing off gameplay will harm sales rather than help them at this point,
I'm expecting it to be terrible

I've played some Big Ant sports games, they have some decent standards and have done some adjacent sports so should have some mechanics in place. But like all the other smaller sports focused studios, they tend to focus on their last release until quite soon before the next one is ready to go.

I've played some Big Ant sports games, they have some decent standards and have done some adjacent sports so should have some mechanics in place. But like all the other smaller sports focused studios, they tend to focus on their last release until quite soon before the next one is ready to go.
Chances are a lot of the mechanisms may be copied of Rugby League Live but if they can use the rugby 22 gameplay that would be awesome

I'm expecting some news at Gamescon this week. On the Rugby 24 forum the admin made a correction when someone suggested Nacon/BigAnt wouldn't be there. So potentially something Wednesday-Sunday.

Latest posts