• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RUGBY 24 announced...

I'm expecting some news at Gamescon this week. On the Rugby 24 forum the admin made a correction when someone suggested Nacon/BigAnt wouldn't be there. So potentially something Wednesday-Sunday.

Same only frustrating thing is that Nacon's booth is behind closed doors in the business area which means only business area ticket holders will see anything that Nacon are showing. Hopefully a few of the journalists release more info

Urgh, seems like it will be delayed.

This is very much the definition of through the grapevine, but a French poster on the Big Ant forum shared what someone had said on a French forum who apparently attended GamesCom and spoke to someone from Nacon (translated from French:

I could quickly see a slide with an image but it looked R22. It said "the game will be released 1 week before the start of the World Cup.

I spoke with a guy from Nacon. What we expected will happen, the game will be postponed. For how long, he couldn't tell me anything but he didn't want to reveal much. He confirmed that within 14 days there would be a report done, that's for sure. So.
As annoyed as all of you and quite disappointed. I would have liked to have had better news.

Very sad that the guy still said "we show nothing because we have nothing to show at the moment"

Really poor they don't even have any gameplay or screenshots to show that must be available this late in the day.

it's going to be delayed like cricket 24 was about a week or so before release. Nacon clearly don't want another afl 23 situation, that game was crashing constantly on release across all platforms including pc. There were so many patches after afl 23 released just to get it stable I'm sure they would have had to pull developers of rugby 24 and cricket 24 to help fix afl 23.

Hopefully the delay isn't too long and rugby 24 still comes out this year

This rubbish. They will lose all momentum.

Why can't they get rugby right anywhere at the moment. My sons going to be gutted about this. He plays fifa ffs because there's isn't another choice.

I'm glad they've delayed it. Would rather they put the effort in to put in a state they are happy with. 15 leagues and 130 national teams sounds quite ambitious, and sounds like they may end up having all the top players scanned. Best to get this right than releasing another broken or half baked rugby game.

That being said, communication has been absolutely pathetic, this could have been said months ago it seems. And if it's a mess on release there isn't going to be much understanding.

I'm glad they've delayed it. Would rather they put the effort in to put in a state they are happy with. 15 leagues and 130 national teams sounds quite ambitious, and sounds like they may end up having all the top players scanned. Best to get this right than releasing another broken or half baked rugby game.

That being said, communication has been absolutely pathetic, this could have been said months ago it seems. And if it's a mess on release there isn't going to be much understanding.

Assume they'll include sevens women's and previous teams
There is no women's rugby in this game, they wanted to concentrate on getting the men's game right first. That has already been confirmed. They hope to get it into future games 👍