• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RUGBY 24 announced...

That's just bizarre. Releasing a sports game in early access feels a bit odd, especially when its listed as a specific year ***le. I assume it's them trying to get some wiggle room on getting some additional licenses/leagues on board, but not having all the teams directly in for their Cricket games has not stopped them before. Specifically they're known for having good creator hubs and people filling in the rosters/teams of missing teams or leagues. This really seems to be missing out on what exactly is driving the delay from January to March though. If it truly is just team scanning, release the game now in early access and then add the updated team likenesses at a later stage, like they have literally just done with Cricket 24 and Pakistan. Unless they really had very very few teams captured (You'd think being officially licensed to the World Cup they could have done some of the scanning in France last year for all those teams).

Weird

I think it's a compromise so that they can still release the game without having to patch it like crazy at release. There were significant delays with both afl 23 and cricket 24 that I am sure bigant don't want to repeat. Afl 23 also had major issues at release that required a lot of patches just to get the game running without crashing.

The early access route seems to be bigants way of being able to release a game but not be under so much pressure to release it perfectly from the start and allow them to patch it at a bit more of a normal rate. This should also help when it comes time to release on console as the game should be more stable by then as well.
The new tennis game bigant made tiebreak is also doing a similar thing releasing into early access first with a full release later. One good thing for early access release is the price is cheaper. The tiebreak game on steam in early access is a lot cheaper than recent bigant full releases on steam.

March is not an ideal release time though for rugby 24. The six nations will almost be over or could be completely over depending on when exactly they release in march. This could have a big impact on sales in the nothern hemisphere. A lot more fans would have been interested in getting it if was releasing in february at the start of the six nations. Look at netflix they choose a great time to release their full contact six nations series just a few weeks before the start of the six nations will lots of people would be interested in watching.

If that's as good as they can muster for a first look then I'm not holding out much hope

My prediction is early access will be 14th March - i have no insider information just slightly educated guess. If i'm right then come back to me and ask me how I guessed right. I hope i'm wrong and that its today to celebrate St David's Day :)

The TEASER itself was good. Player's models look great!!! But on the other hand the Grass looks like s-hit for a ps5 game!!. Also the crowd has that awfull colour !! Like the tie break crowd. Hope they do something about it for the launch.

I really think teams and licenses is not hugely necessary, and that the number of confirmed teams so to speak is ridiculous. They should focus instead on making the gameplay as good as e.g. Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (Winning Eleven). That's just me though.

I really think teams and licenses is not hugely necessary, and that the number of confirmed teams so to speak is ridiculous. They should focus instead on making the gameplay as good as e.g. Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (Winning Eleven). That's just me though.
Disagree, this is 2024 I expect good gameplay, teams and licenses.

Latest posts