• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RUGBY 24 announced...

Bears Gamer

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Bristol
...so rugby 24 has officially been announced. Made by big ant studios and Nacon. World cup licence and a release date of 7th September 2023. Check out my quick breakdown for more information šŸ‘

Big ant is a great sign. I actually played the cricket games as a way to pass time during the pandemic and I barely know the sport. Solid company from I can tell.
Yep. The cricket games are solid. Looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

I've put hundreds of hours into Big Ant's Rugby League games, Their customization suite along with mods will remedy whatever licenses they don't pick up.
I'd say the game is in good hands. Exciting times šŸ˜„

Hopefully we get to see some videos of game play etc at some point but if the game comes out without all the licenses (even with great create tools) it won't probably make the sales it needs.

It's unacceptable in this day and age for a game to come out with half the teams as made up players and no logos etc.

Hopefully we get to see some videos of game play etc at some point but if the game comes out without all the licenses (even with great create tools) it won't probably make the sales it needs.

It's unacceptable in this day and age for a game to come out with half the teams as made up players and no logos etc.
As others have mentioned in the other thread, I'd be less worried about having all the licenses, Big Ant games are generally really good with in-game kit, logos and player downloads (when you booted up the cricket games it would automatically download all of the top rated content for their teams -including players. Hopefully they'll have something to allow you to build up leagues, but not really much they can do if things are still bundled up with Tru Blu. (For context, the SA cricket team and their provinces weren't licensed, but you could download all of them into the game and do a proper career mode with those teams, with player progression etc)

what I'm hoping for is a bit more progressional gameplay outside of the match gameplay. The last game I enjoyed the on field gameplay, but there wasn't a huge amount in terms of career mode or manager mode that made it as enthralling to keep on playing. Hoping again that Big Ant bring over some of their expertise they had in those cricket games into this.

and big ant cares about the quality of their games rather than trying to make as much money as they can like ea and 2k

I imagine Big Ant will release a FanHub at some point as it would be mutually beneficial for them and fans to work on textures etc. in advance whilst they focus on the intricacies of coding and gameplay mechanics of a rugby union game (not easy stuff). Phase play in RLL3 and RLL4 was half-decent. It was very difficult to run even a simple backline move on Rugby Challenge 3 or 4.

I wouldn't mind seeing different running styles used like Konami did with PES, and kicking styles like Rugby 06 & 08. It would make the players seem more varied e.g. Jason Robinson, Rico Gear and Israel Folau each would have obviously different running styles.

If I got this game, I can't really say I'd care too much about 2023/4 licenses because 1. The FanHub could cover that, and 2. I would probably want to make teams from the 2000s, or made up teams like the way EA Sports BIG made the SSX characters in the 2000s (or even like different characters from combat arcade games like Tekken). Making a team of different humanoid like players of different species with different strengths and weaknesses would be funny if you then played against a team like France šŸ˜† It would be somewhat inspired by the Swordfish Studios game in 2004 called World Championship Rugby which had one team with fictional players with unmatched stats and another team comprised entirely of Jonah Lomus šŸ˜†šŸ˜†

Last edited:
J'espĆØre que le jeu sera plus mis Ć  jour que rugby 22.... payer 60 euros pour 2 mise Ć  jour en 2 mois .... lol

That's unlikely. It's a new engine and a new developer in Big Ant actually making the game. I'm not really sure if much at all will be similar to previous versions

I'm hoping to see classic players from the 2000s like Caucaunibuca, Rokocoko and Habana. It would be cool to have all the iconic players with their distinct kicking and running styles, adding in Wilkinson, Carter etc. as well. A player editor akin to Pro Evolution Soccer (Winning Eleven) would be brilliant.

I'm hoping to see classic players from the 2000s like Caucaunibuca, Rokocoko and Habana. It would be cool to have all the iconic players with their distinct kicking and running styles, adding in Wilkinson, Carter etc. as well. A player editor akin to Pro Evolution Soccer (Winning Eleven) would be brilliant.
Agree

Latest posts