• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure of the exact history of that word in Rugby, but I know it's Spanish and it means something like hat-trick, or conjuring a trick. It may even be the name of the trick-hat itself, but the connotation is clear: it's a trick, basically. Like, a bit of magic. Very southern-tinged ! :p

Chisteras firstly is the name of Francois Trinh-Duc bar in Montpellier but it is the wicker type basket which is the extension of the hand and arm used when playing Pelote Basque its stapped to the wrist and it a long curved piece of equipment which gives massive speed to the ball when released towards the wall. hope this helps

In rugby the tem is used when the scrum half takes the ball from the base of the scrum moves forward and flips an inside back pass back to the supporting No 8. hope i've explained that well enough !!!!!!

Last edited:
Chisteras firstly is the name of Francois Trinh-Duc bar in Montpellier but it is the wicker type basket which is the extension of the hand and arm used when playing Pelote Basque its stapped to the wrist and it a long curved piece of equipment which gives massive speed to the ball when released towards the wall. hope this helps

In rugby the tem is used when the scrum half takes the ball from the base of the scrum moves forward and flips an inside back pass back to the supporting No 8. hope i've explained that well enough !!!!!!

In Spanish, it is a type of hat....................I think it was a riding type of hat but for pictures of one see..................which also shows the Pelote Basque equipment too!!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=c...LmzgegP&ved=0CDwQ7Ak&biw=1280&bih=614&dpr=1.5

and of course its a Spanish riding hat but i found that quite mundane and did not mention it in my other description SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh actually it's nothing to do with specific positions. A TH, a hooker, a flanker can throw a chistera. It's just that one-hand cradle, no-look type pass to some guy behind em, at any moment or area on the field.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another exampoul:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is true but it was originally as i said!!!!!!.... a flip back pass from 9 to 8 at the base of the scrum, it is only very lazy journalists and commentators who can't be bothered to find a name for a flip back pass that may happen from anyone anywhere on the park...
and while you are wrongly trying to correct me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have you not AGAIN forgotten something at the end of you postings.................

and of course its a Spanish riding hat but i found that quite mundane and did not mention it in my other description SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apology accepted.

Yours sincerely,

The Pedantic One

i might try an analysis for scotland one time soon

This is true but it was originally as i said!!!!!!.... a flip back pass from 9 to 8 at the base of the scrum, it is only very lazy journalists and commentators who can't be bothered to find a name for a flip back pass that may happen from anyone anywhere on the park...
and while you are wrongly trying to correct me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have you not AGAIN forgotten something at the end of you postings.................

hey now, don't try and shift the blame on me there !!! You said in the Top 14 threads, not all over the forum ! But I DO apologize for those times I left em out, again...
Sorry goodDumber10 for polluting your thread, you must expect actual relevant activity on here ! :p
You do one of tomorrow's tries now, we'll be here !

i might try an analysis for scotland one time soon

Ah the mental image I have oh someone with a Glaswegian accent just ranting and being overly aggressive.

"Th' sassenach dobber has th' baa an' gie pest th' first scottish defender. 'at bloke is frae Auld Reekie those sae nae suprise. ah he's spilled it th' glaikit git! scootlund gie th' baa haur an' as ye can see fur th' next fife minutes gang absolutely nowhaur, mebbe he shoods scottish jimmy a body ay th' defenders puckle times." http://www.whoohoo.co.uk/main.asp

hey now, don't try and shift the blame on me there !!! You said in the Top 14 threads, not all over the forum ! But I DO apologize for those times I left em out, again...

This is true but i must keep you on your toes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts