• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
so the first one you picked had to be a score on France, huh ?!!! :p
Cool video, I hadn't noticed that repositioning as clearly before...I'd watch more of those. Except if it's on France again ! Nah kidding...
That is a poor kick by Dulin, no doubt. And it's interesting to analyze how simple AB's attacking can be, and yet how efficient. Like, 'if it's that simple, how come everybody else doesn't do it ?' sorta deal...
Such a shame this match, how it ended and what we could've achieved...but then again the ones that if anyone should really complain last year it's obviously the Schmidtmen...

Cheers Ewis.... yeah, sorry had to start with an easy one and that was pretty simple but interesting enough to use, don't worry I've got some more videos where the french score :)

Yeah, All Blacks has always been about simple efficient rugby and counter attack is becoming one of, if not the primary attack phase. I have another article that I'll put up this week focusing on the number of phases to try ratio in this six nations - essentially all but a few trys come from low phases i.e. between 1-5 and not through recycling 10-20 times.

I like the analyses you have done. Personally I think in the videos maybe have the video paused a bit less when you highlight a player? It just seems slightly too long.

thanks.

and yeah, i know what you mean it would do better with it just flashing up then going almost straight away. The Read video is the first one i did like this, so it's a bit rough.

how do you find the writing? would you rather hear someone than read the test inserts as in the 1st video?

I like this.

IMO shorten the pause when you highlight the player to no longer than a second, the red circle is fine, you may not even need to pause if the highlighting of the player is clear enough and maybe save the pauses for the reason in the next sentence below.

I like the text, for me it works better than a voice, don't go to a black screen with white writing it takes the focus off the game, when putting the text freeze the frame in question and red circle the area you are referring to, two birds with one stone and provided the text does not cover all the view then it shouldn't look cluttered. Judging by how much text you have used this should not be an issue.

The content of the text is clear and concise and very easily explains what your are highlighting so that is awesome.

Thanks guys, really helpful feedback, I've only ever done this for my own club before where the production values were a bit, uhm, rough and it didnt' matter so much.

I did the black screen because i find it difficult to read text over the top of the image so i opted for the cut away, but i'm thinking it may work with a screen in screen effect - i.e the main image shrinks and the text goes beside it.. that way it does'nt cut away from the game but you don't waste time having text and still.

the videos are very good. There's nothing worse than tergiversating for endless amounts of time about what's happening and tons of technical terminology all over a video that turns out to be 15min long.
Short n sweet, clear, very clear, simple. Just right. And the ***les are good too. Concision is key.

The one about Read being the "fourth back three" is interesting. I always felt Read has this back three quality about him, but never saw it displayed so clearly, and in different instances of a same game and other games as well.
Little things like that are so clever and effective from NZ.

pretty good analysis. It was a really nice try indeed, but Debaty's slowness and silliness on this play probably cost them 7points.
Just some obvious criticism about the vid: I understand you want to make them short and sweet, but the text just doesn't linger long enough and us viewers have to constantly pause and it makes for an uncomfortable viewing experience.

And about Lamerat, he's growing and I reaaaally hope he'll have a chance to actually play this summer tour in Aus. He's picked in the squad, but who knows. I'm starting to become a big fan. He's still young, he's got some MASS (1m84 105kg), enormous thighs and can resist a ton of simultaneous tackling, good upper body strength and body control, fine pace and overall just the right dosage of power with skill. He's one heck of a passer too on his day, he can throw those behind the back no-looks with great accuracy, or "chisteras" as you're probably familiar with the term by now.

yeah, you're right about the speed of the text, i did this one late last night as i wanted to get it out there before this weekends semifinals. Normally i sit on it for a couple of days and adjust it so the text reads easier.

Lamerat is a good player - i also like the big fend on Sivivatu - put's him right on his backside.

I didn't relaise you called them chisteras, I find some fo the French terminology quite cool.

Great video, you also pick up on lots of different things like the hooker defending at 9 and not Parra. Claasens initial carry is brilliant as its recycle is so quick. And Rory Coq is looking like an absolute gem, he will be in blue soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts