• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Challenge 3 confirmed

Just some updates on RC3.

I contacted the publishers their response;
Hi,

Thanks for your email.

We would love to release the game but unfortunately the last submission issues have taken Wicked Witch longer to fix than anticipated. Once we are through this we will move quickly to bring it to market.

At this stage we have not announced a release date.

Regards,

Subsequently, in a follow up email the distributor stated that it shouldn't be too much longer and their aiming for a release prior to June 2016.

Just some updates on RC3.

I contacted the publishers their response;
Hi,

Thanks for your email.

We would love to release the game but unfortunately the last submission issues have taken Wicked Witch longer to fix than anticipated. Once we are through this we will move quickly to bring it to market.

At this stage we have not announced a release date.

Regards,

Subsequently, in a follow up email the distributor stated that it shouldn't be too much longer and their aiming for a release prior to June 2016.

Worst thing about the ongoing postponements is that squad and season updates have dwindled for RC2, and that they pulled it from Steam so early that there's nobody around to play anymore.

Does anybody still care about this game?

Honestly, you guys who give us these half-hearted updates, your hopes of this game is hanging by a very thin thread.

Even if it gets released I won't waste my money on buying it. The delays, the licensing, etc. all of it seemed to have been a massive issue in getting this game done, and then when they finally got a finished product (apparantly) they went on to delay it even more.

Everything about this game is a major Yawn for me now. I'll just keep on playing fifa and the old rugby games, because this has been a shambles since the beginning.

I am a rugby man and I enjoy online games against other players. There are no alternatives, so I will continue to follow this game - as much as it pains me.

Does anybody still care about this game?

Honestly, you guys who give us these half-hearted updates, your hopes of this game is hanging by a very thin thread.

Even if it gets released I won't waste my money on buying it. The delays, the licensing, etc. all of it seemed to have been a massive issue in getting this game done, and then when they finally got a finished product (apparantly) they went on to delay it even more.

Everything about this game is a major Yawn for me now. I'll just keep on playing fifa and the old rugby games, because this has been a shambles since the beginning.

Surely your post answers your own question? Yep, some people still care. Hence this thread still being active. You don't? Cool, enjoy FIFA!

Anywho, interesting to hear from the publisher for once - confirmed that there's a submission issue at least. Wonder what engine they're using...

Surely your post answers your own question? Yep, some people still care. Hence this thread still being active. You don't? Cool, enjoy FIFA!

Anywho, interesting to hear from the publisher for once - confirmed that there's a submission issue at least. Wonder what engine they're using...

as far as ive heard its the same engine as RC2, it certainly looks that way from the tiny glimpses we've seen

Confirming Mighty Ape are saying April 14th.
EB Games in Australia are saying April 22nd.

Looks like we have our Release window team! I agree with a lot of the comments in here, it has been excessively delayed - but it's the only half decent rugby game we're going to get. EA Games won't do one again, and HB Studios attempts have been absolutely atrocious.

April 14th is official, guess announcements will come shortly if not out already.

Hopefully they really drive up the marketing campaign now. Does anyone know whether they got the Jaguares and Sunwolves licences?

Hopefully they really drive up the marketing campaign now. Does anyone know whether they got the Jaguares and Sunwolves licences?

Rosters are usually about 6 months out of date anyway, I doubt it.

I really don't want to get my hopes up yet again only to be let down. I'll probably still buy it mind...

as far as ive heard its the same engine as RC2, it certainly looks that way from the tiny glimpses we've seen

Ah sorry should have been more specific, I meant whether it's Unity vs. Unreal Engine 4, etc. Reason being that Unity has been performing poorly on PS4 in particular recently - even with 2D games.

Great that we've got what seems like a more solid release date now - if it's definitely coming then hope we can pre-order. Finding RC2 in the shops was a pain!

Awesome about a solid date of April 14th. Looking forward to getting into it!

Surely they have the Jaguares and Sunwolves... Would be idiotic not to. If it's been "finished" for a while, Wicked Witch would have to be juvenile to be sitting around and not getting ready for a Day 1 roster/bug fixing patch.

wow been a while since i last posted on here...

ok so April 14 is the supposed release date, ok sounds good... now all we need is for WW and TB to do is tell us why the delay (no one really cares, but it will make one feel "better" knowing it was a licensing etc issue)
i really hope they have the Sunwolves and Jaguares for Super Rugby, it'll make the game feel authentic and up to date. yes we have the option to create all but to an extent?

here's to hope...

Rugby Challenge 3 UK and Ireland Release Date is 22nd April

Links to above news:
https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/All-Blacks-Rugby-Challenge-3-PS4/23044436 - special offer of all blacks scarf so game must be coming lol

https://ebgames.com.au/ps4-210784-Rugby-Challenge-3---Wallabies-Edition-PlayStation-4

Best - if unconfirmed- news we've had up to now

We are very pleased to announce that "Rugby Challenge 3" will be released in the UK and Ireland, on April 22nd. Please pre-order with your favourite retailer.
The first true Rugby Union game on next-gen consoles and featuring the debut of the Rugby Seven’s, Plus England,(those new Six Nations Champions), the Aviva Premiership, South African clubs, plus The Springboks,, The All Blacks, The Wallabies, the Currie Cup and much more are all featured in Rugby Challenge 3 Many thanks for all your ongoing patience.loyalty, and dedication to the Rugby Challenge series.
More details, screen shots and videos to come.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd.

Any review copies going spare? ;)

Getting rugby fans to preview/review it would mean more to potential buyers than random game reviewers that've never seen a game or know any players.

:D

Latest posts