• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RUGBY CHALLENGE 4

We haven't bought a the pre release version yet. What are peoples thoughts of the latest version of the game? Is it RC3 but with updated content or are you noticing a difference in the latest release?

Recent patch update notes

What you already know:
- inclusion of online play for ps4 and xbox one (1 console vs. 1 console, option to have 4 players on each console)
- Female players will no longer be recruited into men's career
- New Be A Pro careers will select the correct International Team
- Reduced the amount of forward passes
- Added shorter match lengths for 7s Career matches
- Numerous camera and replay fixes

What you might have spotted / missed:
- reduced ruck commit size
- shortened scrum length
- referee kits changed
- enhanced position specific attributes (forwards will now feel like forwards and backs will feel like backs)
- optimised frame-rate
- faster set up and go for set-plays
- improved ai decisions
- smoother goal kicking and line-outs
- sound and audio adjustments
- enhanced player fatigue

So, the new patch came out and I was wondering if anyone else noticed a couple of things. 1st I am playing on PS4. When in a ruck or scrum once you've won the ball, if you move the ball out to the wing quickly you almost always can get down the sidelines for an easy try. Next when playing a quick match/ exhibition if you try to play at night or add rain you'll always be left disappointed. All matches start with clear skies during the day and not evening or night. Tsk, tsk ... another patch is needed. :rolleyes:

So, the new patch came out and I was wondering if anyone else noticed a couple of things. 1st I am playing on PS4. When in a ruck or scrum once you've won the ball, if you move the ball out to the wing quickly you almost always can get down the sidelines for an easy try. Next when playing a quick match/ exhibition if you try to play at night or add rain you'll always be left disappointed. All matches start with clear skies during the day and not evening or night. Tsk, tsk ... another patch is needed. :rolleyes:
Yeah the game is not perfect yet but have you mentioned 'glitches' and suggestions on their site yet? It might not be the best of circumstances but I feel everyone should do their part in pointing out mistakes to the developers as it is still early access and actually great that they decided to give the fans an input, especially if you would have purchased the game either way. I feel the developers are capable of creating something great, they just need our support :)

Hello everybody. I have a question. Do you think that Kakaries from RC4 will work in RC3? And Can anybody put here link for download for players who play RC on Toasters?
Cheers

How is things looking with RC4 ? The last I saw was an update on the online play don't hear much of the game these days.

New update out now. Copied from: https://www.rugbychallenge4.com/

Latest update: v1.04
3rd December, 2020

Retail version now available!
New team addition of the NSW Waratahs
New ability to edit star players attributes and accessories
Kits can now be uploaded to FanHub along with your team
Adjusted height of default side-line camera
Decreased chance of forward passes
Passes are more successful to your closest support player
Lessened the distance of the skip / long pass to be more realistic
Pod formations have been brought back slightly to allow for more of a lead up
Adjusted weather / time of day code to now act based off what the user selects
Changed the opposition teams reaction to "spammed" ground grubber kicks
Increased "Whitelist" of player names seen as "Offensive Language"
Newly added SCG Stadium
Support for up to 8 consoles in online for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
Improved stabilities in online matches
Adjusted mnemonic names for Tafel Lager Griquas, TLG and Phakisa Pumas, PUM.
Improved stability with custom competition functionality
Improved disconnect and reconnection of controller stability
French competition branding changes
Autosave feature implemented on competition, career and be-a-pro modes
Connection meter implemented into online modes
Improved online performance
Improved switch performance

only saw this was coming out on the Switch last week, picked it up. Its not perfect but I think the last rugby game I played was Rugby 04 so its been a while

played it for the first time last night...two yellows in the first game...i'll work on that

Latest posts